Different Jobs, Same Dream

His Scalpel and Her Warm Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Doc, she is dying!” 
Changwook glanced at the heart rate monitor beside him. “No, she is not. Not in my hands. Let’s take her to the OR.” 

“Good work today.” Changwook said soullessly after finished a 6 hours surgery. 
A nurse came to him. “Are you going home, doc? There’s another patient who just came here and want to see you.” 
Changwook sighed. “I’ll take it.” He said and walked to his office. 
The moment he opened his office door, his tired face quickly went away, changing it with a wide smile. “Yoona-yah!”

**

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport in Seoul. The local time is 21.35. Please remain seated and fasten your seatbelt until the seatbelt sign is off. On behalf of MWay Airlines, I’d like to say thank your for flying with us. Have a nice day, thank you!” Yoona finished her announcement. 
It’s her third and last flight of the day, she’s very happy because her last stop was Seoul. 

“Last touch-down for the day. What do you want to do? We’re finally come back to Seoul after 2 weeks abroad.” Her colleague, Seyeon asked after they’re arrived at the arriving terminal. 
“I’m gonna surprise my boyfriend.” Yoona said. “He has been working since yesterday morning, and hasn’t been coming home.” 
“You’re so lucky, how could you find a boyfriend in midst of our very busy schedule? But your boyfriend sure has an odd working time.” Her another colleague, Nanhee, asked. 
Yoona giggled. “Not easy, of course. But since he’s busy as well. It’s okay.” 
“I’m going, guys. See you yesterday!” Yoona entered her taxi and went to Changwook’s hospital. 

**

“How could you come here?” Changwook asked her. He still disbelief about Yoona being here with him. 
Yoona chuckled. “Anything for you babe.” 
Changwook hugged her. “When is your next flight?”
“Tomorrow.” 
Changwook released the hug. “Tomorrow? That quick?” 
Yoona nodded. “Sadly, yes.”
“Let’s go. I’ll take you home.” Changwook said. 

“When will you come to Seoul again?” Changwook asked her. 
“Maybe a week later?” Yoona said. 
“Tonight is too short.” Changwook whined. 
Yoona laughed hearing him whining.

They arrived at Yoona’s home. 
“I’m going, oppa.” Yoona said and opened his car door. 
Changwook grabbed Yoona hand before she completely got out from his car. 
“Can I eat ramyun at your house before I go?” He asked. 
Yoona became dumbfounded of what he said. 
“Aigoo, where do you learn to say those things?” Yoona mumbled. 
“Let’s go!” Yoona said vigorously. 

Changwook entered her house. “Your house is the same.” 
“Of course it is the same. I don’t have time to change anything.” Yoona said. 
“Sit.” Yoona said to Changwook while looking at the dining chair. 
Changwook sit obediently like a dog in that chair. 
“My oppa is so cute.” She said and cooking 2 packets of ramyun. 
“Ja…” Yoona put down 2 bowl of ramyun in the dining table before sitting in front of Changwook. 
Just before Changwook eat the first bite of the ramyun, his phone rang. 
“Not again.” He said in his mind before checking who’s calling him in the middle of night. 
“He.ad.nur.se.” He spelled the words in his phone. He sighed.
“I’ll take the call first.” Changwook excused himself from Yoona. 
“Yes, head nurse?” 
“Ji Seonsaeng, there’s a patient complaining hurt in his right lower abdomen, fever 38 degrees, and vomiting. I suspect of acute appendicitis.” The head nurse explained. 
“I got it. I’ll come soon.” Changwook said and ended the call. 
He immendiately grab his coat. “I’m sorry, Yoona-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter