Chapter Seven

Idol

A few hours after the incident.....

"Irene! Irene!" a student yelled, chasing after Irene, who was sulking in the hallway. Irene turned around and spotted Yeri with Taeyong, another 13-year old. "I-it's Miss Seulgi! She's gone!" Taeyong exclaimed, his face full of worries.
          "Wh-what?!" Irene asked, confused. Seulgi? Gone? What did this mean?!
          "Y-you know... Kang Seulgi?! She's gone! W-we can't find her on school grounds and--"
          "I-I gotta go!" Irene excused herself, gently pushing Taeyong and Yeri aside. 
          Yeri watched her sunbaenim with a worried face. Despite being heartbroken by the popular Kang Seulgi, she was still willing to save her? Yeri smiled slightly. This is true friendship. Meanwhile, Irene was running through the hallway of her school, SM Training. Irene clenched her fists. She knows who took Seulgi away. She knows her secret....

*****

Irene was laughing and chatting with Wendy, who was a new student. The year was just beginning and Irene's best friend, Kim Jisoo, was nowhere to be found. And Irene's ex-boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook, was also nowhere to be found. They're probably just making out somewhere, Irene thought. She had brushed the thought off, but she was really curious.
          "Irene-sunbaenim?" Wendy asked, waving her hand in front of Irene's face. Irene flinched and snapped out of her thoughts. "Sorry, you just like, out for a second." Irene smiled and shook her head. After exchanging phone numbers, the two students said goodbye and parted ways.
          As Irene was walking home, she heard footsteps behind her. The night sky was starting to become visible and Irene was scared. Hearing footsteps made her suspicious, as she thought that someone was behind her, following her. "Who's there?!" Irene exclaimed, scared but brave. A little cackle was heard and then a girl appeared into the moonlight.
          Irene's eyes widened and she gasped as she saw Jisoo holding Jungkook. A bloody, dead Jungkook. "What the ?!" Irene screamed as Jisoo tapped her amulet and a glowing, yellow light beam shot towards Irene. Irene panicked and she tapped her amulet and countered Jisoo's beam. "What did you do to Jungkook?!" Irene asked, shocked and scared and..... afraid.. of Jisoo. Jisoo giggled maniacally. 
          "Can't you see it, princess?" Jisoo asked, twitching. "I've been cursed. I've been cursed to kill pretty and handsome people. Just like our teacher Donghae and our classmate Bobby." Irene was frozen. What? Jisoo? Cursed? "And I'm planning on killing you now!" Jisoo screamed, throwing Jungkook's body away. Irene gasped. 
          Bruises and cuts were revealed all over Jisoo's body. Jisoo was an experiment?! Irene dodged Jisoo's punch and Jisoo's amulet shot another beam. Irene gasped and then she felt bleeding on the side of her body. ! She let her guard down and now she's wounded. Jisoo smirked. "We'll meet again. And next time, one of us will die." And then Irene out.

*****

That ing ! That ing fake experiment motherer! Irene swore at Jisoo in her head. Irene was extremely bothered by the fact that Jisoo had Seulgi. Irene knew that she couldn't do anything about it, but she needed to do something. Irene stood up and grabbed a cup and filled it with water. Irene then sat back down on the couch of her dorm and sipped the water.
          "Irene-- WOAH!" Wendy exclaimed. Irene was laying unconscious on the ground. Wendy froze. "Uhmm... Irene?" Wendy asked, not knowing what to do. Wendy looked around her. 
          Suddenly, Wendy spotted the glass of water. Wendy squinted her eyes. Poison...., Wendy thought. There were footsteps in the house and Wendy turned back. "COME OUT!" Wendy shouted fiercely. A punch was delivered to her face and Wendy fell back. "Ouch~ that hurt--"
          "Shut the up!" a voice snapped at her. Wendy rubbed her nose and looked up to see Jisoo. "What the--" Wendy's arms were grabbed and Wendy tried to escape, but the people's grips were too strong.
          "Wh-what is this?!" Wendy asked, her heart beating fast. She panicked. Irene was on the ground, unconscious and she wasn't. Jisoo smirked at Wendy and then at Irene. "You'll know soon enough when you meet my boss." Wendy raised an eyebrow but was dragged by the men holding her. They then threw Wendy in a truck and the last thing Wendy saw was Irene being dragged by Jisoo to a truck.

*****

The last thing that Seulgi wanted was for Irene to leave her and to hate her. Seulgi opened her eyes and looked around her. She then bit her lip in disgust from gagging. Dead bodies with their skin ripped off were in tanks of dirty and toxic liquid. Seulgi suddenly spotted a dead baby with it's skin ripped off in a tank and Seulgi gasped.
          Where was she?! Suddenly, Seulgi heard a door kicked open somewhere near and immediately laid back down and pretended to be unconscious. "We've got her! That Bae Joohyun!" a voice yelled. Seulgi was confused. She knew that Irene was a Bae but who is Joohyun?
          "My lovely Bae Joohyun," someone said. Seulgi was sweating. She felt like she's heard that voice before. But..... where?

          "You won't never see her ever again."

Seulgi felt a sharp pain in her head. "I think that it's about time she knew the truth. Inject the poison into Kang Seulgi, please," the voice ordered. Seulgi's eyes flutttered open and she tried to get up but she just realized that her legs were strapped down.
          "She's awake, ma'am!" someone shouted. 
          "INJECT IT INTO HER!" the woman yelled. Seulgi's eyes widened in horror as she watched a doctor with a mask on grab a needle and poured poison inside it. Seulgi screamed but the doctor hurried and injected the poison into Seulgi's neck. Seulgi coughed out blood. "Ir...ene..."

*****

Irene gasped loudly and immediately sat up. She looked around her. Goodness...... this looked familiar. Wendy was beside her unconscious and bleeding. had blood running out of it and her head was bleeding badly. Irene's eyes widened at the sight.
          Irene tried to heal Wendy with her amulet but it was useless. Before Irene could give Wendy CPR, a voice startled her. "Joohyun." Irene's eyes widened. The dungeon that she was in was like a cell. A rock floor and walls with bars on one side and a bar door with a keyhole. "D-don't call me--"
          "Don't worry darling, she's not conscious. She won't hear us." Irene growled as she watched the familiar woman walk towards her. "Taeyeon...."
          Taeyeon chuckled. "I suppose that you've never told anyone that we're..... related?" she asked. Irene stayed silent. "Refusing to talk, eh?" Taeyeon kneeled down beside Irene. Taeyeon reached out a hand and a green light glowed and suddenly, Wendy coughed. Irene gasped and held Wendy in her arms. "W-Wendy?!" Irene asked, worried.
          Taeyeon watched the two students with dark eyes. "Do you remember your father?" Taeyeon asked, walked around Irene and Wendy, circling them. Irene watched Taeyeon with angry eyes. "That stupid Bae Jinyoung!" Taeyeon shouted. Irene's eyes were full of fiery, resentment, and anger. 
          "DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO DAD LIKE--"
          Taeyeon delivered a punch at Irene's face and Irene coughed out blood while flying towards the rocky wall, extremely wounded and barely seeing anything. Wendy was still unconscious but she was still breathing. Taeyeon smirked evilly. "Do you remember being taking away by me and seeing your father with that hideous child?" Taeyeon asked calmly but anger obvious in her tone.
          Irene nodded, tears blinding her eyesight. Taeyeon was checking her nails and closed her eyes. "Stop crying, emotions only get in your way. Why do you think that you couldn't save Seulgi?" Irene was grabbed by the collar by Taeyeon. This felt familiar but Taeyeon threw her to the ground. "Worthless fool, do you know who your father cheated on me with?" Taeyeon asked, irritated now. 
          "KANG HANNA! HE CHEATED ON ME WITH THAT WORTHLESS KANG.....!" Irene was wounded but she still managed to piece together what Taeyeon was saying. Irene then gasped.
          "You don't mean..."
          Taeyeon smirked. "Yes, Joohyun. Seulgi is your half-sister."
          Irene froze.
          "Seulgi is my.... half-sister....?"

*****

Seulgi woke up. Who was she? Where was she? What was she? Why was she here?! Seulgi was on a bed. A normal bed in a room that looked like a hospital room. There was a crying girl beside her. "Hey, are you okay?" Seulgi asked, worried. The girl looked up and smiled. Seulgi's eyes widened.
          She was so beautiful and she looked so pure.... "Seulgi!" the girl exclaimed. The girl hugged Seulgi tightly. Seulgi was confused. Did she know this girl? Who was she....? "U-um... do I know you?" Seulgi asked. The girl stopped hugging Seulgi and looked at her.
          "U-uh.... I'm Bae Irene.... do you not....?" Seulgi shook her head. The girl, Irene, gasped. Irene was genuinely shocked. Kim Taeyeon must've drugged her or something because Seulgi would be able to recognize Irene from a mile away. "O-oh... well.... you're Kang Seulgi and I'm Bae Irene.... you knew that at least... right?" Irene asked. Seulgi looked at her hands and then at the stunning visual of Irene. 
          "No... I didn't know that...." Seulgi was hugged tightly again by Irene. "Just be happy that you're alive!" Irene exclaimed, tears coming out of her eyes. Seulgi's eyes widened as she saw blood on her shirt. She was wearing a school uniform, a normal Korean one. She knew that much.
          Seulgi looked at Irene. Blood was rushing down her head with scratches over her face and arms and blood was coming down and her school uniform top was ripped. Seulgi gently pushed Irene away and examined her. "You're..... injured....," Seulgi said.
          Irene looked away from Seulgi. "Yeah," Irene replied shortly. Seulgi frowned. "Here, let me help--"
          "NO! You're even more injured than I am...," Irene shouted suddenly. Seulgi was startled. Irene's arm was grabbed and Irene sat down. Seulgi frowned sternly at Irene. "Whatever," Seulgi said and got up from her bed. Irene's eyes widened as Seulgi opened a cabinet and grabbed a first aid kit. "Sit still." Irene watched Seulgi as she grabbed napkins inside the kit and wet it with some chemicals. 
          Irene basically screeched as Seulgi tried to aid her. "Ow-ow-ow-owww~!" Irene said. Seulgi chuckled. "Jeez! It really hurts you know! I'm still young....," Irene muttereed but Seulgi heard her.
          Seulgi's face turned red as Irene looked at her. A blessing view indeed. Perfect face proportions and... "SEULGIIIII~!" Irene screamed. Seulgi stopped and then saw that Irene had tears in her eyes. "Uh.... sorry." Seulgi decided to wipe the blood off and clean it. She put a band-aid on a cut on her face and bandaged her arms. "You're really injured...." Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows.
          Seulgi then put her hand on Irene's chest and Irene blushed. A green light appeared out of Seulgi's hand and Irene felt a little better. Seulgi stayed calm while Irene was shocked. "Y-you're an..." Seulgi looked at Irene. Irene blushed even more.
          "You're an idol...," Irene managed to say. Seulgi tilted her head. "A wha--"
          "Th-there hasn't been a-an idol for the last c-century or so!" Irene exclaimed. Seulgi frowned. What was she talking about? Suddenly, a noise was heard and the two lovebirds looked at the doorway. 
          "Hi." Wendy waved her hand awkwardly. Seulgi's heart started racing. Seulgi felt a heat coming to her cheeks. Irene looked at Seulgi and there was a feeling roaming around in her stomach. "Um... are we still at school or are we still kidnapped?" Wendy asked, unsure of where they are. Irene chuckled bitterly.
          "We're at school, don't worry," Irene said. Wendy grinned and Seulgi shifted in her seat. "Oh, Seulgi! You're awake!" Wendy exclaimed, smiling like a dork. Seulgi gulped as Wendy ran over to her and hugged her. Wendy's face was so close to Seulgi's. Irene folded her arms and crossed her legs. Seulgi grinned. The two kids parted.
          Irene cleared . "Anyways..." Suddenly, a crowd came rushing through the door. "SEULGI! IRENE! ARE YOU TWO OKAY?!" a male student shouted. Seulgi was shocked and was crowded by the crowd. Irene was congested.
          Suddenly, Seulgi's arm was grabbed by Wendy and Irene watched as Wendy took her away from the crowd. Irene felt jealousy hit her like when Taeyeon punched her. It was that hard.

(I'm dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb! Conclusion: Seulgi was kidnapped into a lab. Injected with memory loss poison, and... feels something for Wendy? Irene was kidnapped and found out a secret from her mum, Kim Taeyeon, realizes that Seulgi doesn't recognize her and feels jealous towards Wendy and Seulgi? Wendy was kidnapped trying to protect Irene and was knocked out for hours and helped Seulgi escape the crowd. She honestly doesn't know what she's doing to Irene, she's just trying to be a good friend!!)