Chapter One

Idol

          Seulgi was an extremely poor girl who lives in a hut on the countryside. Mr. and Mrs. Kang, her parents, have taught Seulgi lots of things. Well, a lot of things like farming. Seulgi has to plant apple seeds everyday and water the plants everyday so they can have food. Of course, they don't even have enough money to buy fruits of vegetables for themselves. This doesn't discourage the 14-year-old girl, though. She is bold and optimistic with high self-esteem. She won't let anyone about her parents or her money.
          Though, she barely goes into the city. She does go to school since it's free, but that's all the socializing that she's ever done.
          "Seulgi!" Mr. Kang yells from downstairs. Seulgi closes her notebook and stuffs her pencil and notebook in her bag. Dirty and old bag I should add. Seulgi hurries out of her room and races down the stairs and greets her father respectfully. Mr. Kang smiles softly and pats her head.
          "Studying again, aren't you?" he asked. Seulgi nodded, but she was actually just doodling and sketching in her notebook. Mr. Kang gvets up from the couch and motions for Seulgi to follow him. They both enter the kitchen. The kitchen is a small kitchen with a small window, barely visible, peeking out and a counter and a stove/oven. The kitchen was stuffed, and with Seulgi and Mr. Kang, it was extra congested.
          Mr. Kang grabbed a pack of apple seeds from the counter and with shaky hands, handed it to Seulgi. Seulgi stared at the pack of apple seeds in her palms as Mr. Kang smiled. "Now make your father happy," he whispered, taking a deep breath. Seulgi nodded. She never complained about her chores unlike the rest of her class. Suddenly, a shining light appeared from the living room. It was Mrs. Kang's amulet. 
          Mrs. Kang, back in her prime, was a strong and powerful amulet user. She was extremely loyal and brave, always voicing her thoughts and helping her friends and family. Unfortunately, as a woman, she was shut down and that made her anguished, which caused her defeat. The amulet had weakened ever since she was defeated and now Mrs. Kang can barely control it.
          Seulgi sighed softly and ran outside, ignoring the glowing light from the amulet. Mr. Kang walked slowly towards the amulet. Mr. Kang never had an amulet of his own, as he was too weak to wield one. His will was weak and he was very lost. That was before he met Mrs. Kang, though. Mr. Kang believed in the right things but could never speak for himself. 
          Enough of Seulgi's parents' backstories and back to her. The 14-year-old girl ran through the fields of corn and watermelon and arrived at the apple field. There were plenty of apple trees, all in a row. But Seulgi knew that her family would devour it all in a few weeks or months. Seulgi walked around the field and finally found a place to plant her seeds. Except it was quite far from the others, but that's what made it special. Seulgi got down to her knees and started digging. Her fingernails were dirty and her hands were all black and dirty, but she continued digging. 
          She dug and dug until it was deep enough to plant the seeds. Seulgi grabbed a few seeds and tossed the seeds into the small hole she dug. Seulgi started to put the dirt that she dug back until she saw a glowing light from inside the ground. Seulgi's eyes widened. Was it...?
          Seulgi dug deeper into the ground and that's when she felt something hard. Seulgi gasped as she dug a little deeper and saw the round, but not completely, glowing amulet with a string around it. Seulgi was breathing heavily. She hesitantly grabbed the amulet and it was now in her hands, glowing. The glow was fading though. Seulgi was excited. She had found an amulet! But she didn't know if the amulet chose her.
          A little history for you readers, amulets choose their users. Seulgi decided to put on the amulet. She reluctantly grabbed the string and placed it around her neck. The amulet made her feel... special. Seulgi smiled widely as the amulet glowed once more, an orange-ish color. Suddenly, there were black clouds in the sky. Seulgi could hear thunder rumbling in the distance. But... thunder in the middle of the day?
          "Seulgi! Kang Seulgi, you come here right now!" Mrs. Kang shouted. Seulgi turned around and saw her mom waving to her, hurrying her to come in. Seulgi was afraid that their house would fall down, but she was sure that she would be safe. The hut had lasted 14 years, the very day since she was born to now. Seulgi nodded and ran quickly to her mom. The black clouds were quick, not like normal clouds. Seulgi hurried to her home and stepped inside the house and slammed the door shut. She quickly locked the door and stared into the small hut. The living room was just a green striped couch with a small TV on the table in the living room.
          The dining room contained a small table with 3 chairs, for her parents and Seulgi. There was an upstairs with 2 rooms. Seulgi's and her parents, but she'll wait to think of that later. The black clouds were closing in around her home and Seulgi was frightened, scared.
          "A-are we going to.. survive?" Seulgi asked, hugging her mom. Her mom sighed. Suddenly, there was a white light and thunder after. Seulgi escaped her mother's arms and looked outside the window.
          "Seulgi! Come back! The windows are dangerous!" her father called. Seulgi gasped. An apple tree was on fire and burning to the ground after weeks of growth. Seulgi clenched her fists. The amulet glowing. Her parents gasped. "A-an amulet?" her father stuttered, surprised.
          Her mother ran to her and grabbed her. Seulgi growled and screamed. She was crying now, all the hard work for nothing. That's when her mother shushed her. "Seulgi, please remember that I love you." Mrs. Kang looked up at Mr. Kang. "And you too," she said. Mr. Kang's eyes stung and then he started sobbing. Seulgi was confused until Mrs. Kang grabbed her amulet, opened the door, locked it, and slammed it. Seulgi screamed.
          "Mom!" she screamed. Her mother was going to sacrifice herself and her amulet for her family. Seulgi escaped her father's grip but her father was serious. He held her back and allowed Seulgi to watch from the window, from a distance. Mrs. Kang ran up to the apple tree and seemed to kneel down and touch it softly. Then, a glowing light appeared. Suddenly, from the blink of an eye, she was gone. Mrs. Kang disappeared but her amulet was still there, floating in the air, glowing brightly.
          Then, a light beamed up towards the sky. The black clouds were like bricks. Lots of bricks built like walls, because the light couldn't break past the clouds. Seulgi growled. Her mother sacrificed herself... and this is the result? Seulgi's amulet started to glow and then her father was pushed to the wall behind her. Seulgi clencheed her fists and stormed out the door. Seulgi walked up to the apple tree and spotted her mother's amulet. Her father was screaming for her, but he sounded like a cricket, soft and quiet.
          Seulgi's eyes glowed whiteness and she whispered something. Something in another language. And she raised her arms and together with her mother's amulet, she beamed a light into the sky and wiped out all the black clouds. A few seconds later, the sun was visible again. Seulgi was exhausted. Not ever wielding an amulet before and untrained, she was tired. Her inner magic was weak and she fainted. Her father was worried and ran outside to aid Seulgi. "Seulgi! Seulgi, are you alive?" he asked, extremely worried.
          Seulgi managed a smile and a nod before blacking out.

(Holy I at writing. BTW, I'm going on vacation soon and I might not update for at least a week soooo... yea.)