Chapter Two

Idol

          It was still and black. "Irene...." Irene's hand twitched and Irene rolled to the right, uncomfortable. "Ireeene~...," the voice called out again. Suddenly, Irene felt a hand caress her face. Irene was sweating but the voice was alluring. Irene slowly opened her eyes and saw a girl, about her age, with monolid eyes, staring at her. "Irene...," the girl said. Irene was shocked and suddenly, the image of the girl was blown away.
          Irene bolted straight up from her luxurious bed. She wasn't panting or anything but that... that hand... that girl... it felt familiar, as if Irene knew her. Irene shook her head and got out of bed. Irene was quiet, since it was only dawn. Irene's bed was at least a queen-sized one, considering that her family was rich and wanted the best for her. Irene's room was huge, gigantic even. Irene walked over to her closet to find her school uniform. Her closet was like a room, like those ones you see in those mansions in those movies, but it's real.
          Irene walked for at least 12 minutes before finding her school uniform in a section of shoes. Irene ran back to her room and shut the closet door and stripped off her clothes. Irene hurriedly wore her school uniform and checked her room for her backpack. Her backpack was in a corner of her gigantic room and Irene checked if she had all her paperwork. Check. Irene opened her door and went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, do her hair and such and then ran down the stairs. Typical Irene made toast to eat for breakfast, but time was running out as school was starting in 6 minutes. Irene was counting time at the dinner table. Her kitchen was also huge with a refrigerator and a very long counter, taking up most of the space, with an oven/stove at the end. There were even counters on the ceiling and...
          47 seconds.... 48 seconds... 49 seconds... Irene got up from her chair at the dinner table. She was running late. Irene gulped down the toast in and took the last slice of toast and ran outside. She stuffed the toast inside and started running out of her house's gates and on the street. Though, she figured, she didn't have to run. Irene smirked as she touched her amulet, which was wrapped around her neck, and it glowed.
          The amulet floated and Irene closed her eyes. Suddenly, a surf board was created in thin air, and Irene opened her eyes. Irene stepped onto the surf board and then it flew into the air. Many students walking to school spotted the surf board and took pictures. Irene was grinning widely as her hair was flying and her clothes flapping. Irene screamed and she dodged obstacles such as tall buildings or poles. Suddenly, as Irene was closing her eyes to enjoy the ride, a pole was straight in her way. That's when someone shouted at her, "Watch out!"
          Irene opened her eyes and gasped. The pole was only a few inches away now, and there was absolutely no way that she could avoid it.... 
          CRASH!
          Irene fell from her flying surf board and landed on the ground, below the pole. Many students crowded her, asking her if she was okay. Suddenly, a teacher came in and shooed the students away. But before Irene can see what happened next, her vision had failed her and she out...

*****

          Irene was in the same black background again, but except she can move. Irene got up and walked around the empty space. She was confused. Why was she here? Irene looked around the space, searching for the same monolid girl. She really hoped to see her again for some reason. Someone tapped Irene's shoulder and Irene turned around, alerted, and took a step back. She touched her amulet and it glowed. Irene's eyes widened as she saw the same monolid girl from her dream this morning.
          "You..?" the other girl said, confused as well. Irene furrowed her eyesbrows. What did she mean? The girl took a step closer to Irene, causing Irene to panic.
          "S-stay back!" Irene shouted defensively.
          The monolid girl then tapped her amulet. Irene gasped. A hand popped out of the amulet. The hand was full of dark energy, and it was making demonic sounds, causing Irene's ears to hurt. Irene covered her ears with her hands and closed her eyes. Irene was sweating, and she slowly opened one eye.
          "Wh-what the..?!" the monolid girl said, confused herself. Her eyes then turned white. Irene was afraid, really afraid. But the monster didn't attack her. The monolid girl fell to her knees, panting. Irene didn't know what to do. Irene clenched her fists and ran towards the monolid girl and reached out for her. But as she was running, the dark space had abosrbed her, preventing her from touching the other girl. The monolid girl looked up with tears in her eyes.
          "Hurry!" Irene exclaimed. "Before it absorbs me completely!" The monolid girl sniffed and nodded. She wiped her snot on her already dirty sleeve and reached out for Irene's hand. The two struggled to reach each other's hand, but after a few seconds, they finally locked hands.
          The other girl's hand was warm. It felt comforting and... a white light appeared out of Irene's glowing amulet and latched itself onto the other girl's arm. The white hand glowed and suddenly, the black space was turning white. Irene's vision was starting to fade as well as the monolid girl. "I.. I'm Seulgi!" the other girl yelled. 
"Kang Seulgi!" Irene tried screaming out her name but it was too late, her vision had faded.....

*****

          Irene opened her eyes. She was in her school's nurse's office. What the hell was her vision? "Irene? Are you finally awake?" a voice asked softly. Irene turned her head to see her best friend, Wendy, sitting next to her. Irene managed a weak smile and nodded."
          Irene wasn't hurt very bad physically but she had a headache and her mind felt like it was about to explode. Irene groaned. There seemed to be a static voice in her head, but Irene's head was hurting too much to be able to decipher it. "Irene? Irene, are you okay?" Wendy asked worried. Irene was panting, her chest moving up and down. Irene coughed out blood. Wendy's eyes widened. "The fuc-- I mean... the heck?" Wendy asked, confused.
          Wendy panicked. She was about to call for the nurse but Irene stopped her. "No... let's just.... go to class....," Irene said, pulling Wendy's school uniform. Wendy gulped, worry obviously shown on her face. But she couldn't turn her best friend down so she nodded. She cleaned Irene up and helped her from the bed in the nurse's bed.
          "I think that you might die during class... the teacher is going to fill you up with information and your head's going to hurt," Wendy said worriedly, shaking her head. Irene chuckled and the two slowly made their way to class. The bell, surprisingly, hadn't rang yet, and the students were still chatting in the hallways. Irene's vision was shaky and she felt nauseous and dizzy.
          "Irene!" a small, feminine voice yelled. Irene and Wendy turned around to see Joy and Yeri, Irene's two biggest fans in her fanclub (Yes she has a fanclub). "You were amazing! You flew that surf board like magic... well technically, it is magic but you controlled it so.. so easily!" Yeri praised, her eyes twinkling. Joy snickered. 
          "Your magic sure is astonishing, Irene-unnie. It's unlike anything I've ever seen, considering you're only a 15-year-old and that this is only your second year here," Joy complimented. Irene smiled at the duo. Wendy rolled her eyes. Joy gasped. "W-Wendy-unnie! I saw that you.. you devil!" Joy insulted. Wendy's eyes widened and she dropped her books.
          "Who are you calling devil?! You're the devil here!" Wendy insulted back. Yeri stopped the fight immediately, stepping in between the two.
          "H-hey... don't call each other... that..... you do know that the.... the real thing is still out there...," Yeri said shakily, as if she was about to be executed or something. Joy and Wendy stopped.
          Irene shook her head. "You all already know that Mr. Kim Heechul can wipe Kim Taeyeon out," Irene said. Yeri gulped, still scared.
          "Even so, Taeyeon can still gain power.... and she might use back when they were married as a weakness against him..,"
          Irene thought about it for a moment. "True..."
          Suddenly, someone put their hand on Irene and Yeri's shoulder. The two both turned around and spotted the school's principal, Kim Heechul. "And you two were saying?" he asked. Irene and Yeri exchanged glances.
          "N-nothing. Good morning and bye, Heechul-ssi," Irene greeted respectfully and cleanly. Then Irene turned and left, leaving Yeri alone. 
          "Hurry along now, flowers," he said while smiling. Yeri scurried off, more afraid than relieved.
          Irene got to her class and the bell rang. It was quite a long time before school actually started. The teacher walked in and apologized for the wait. "The bell was broken," he explained. Irene sighed and didn't care to listen after hearing the reason. Honestly, the only thing she could really think about was the monolid girl and her eyes. Her face features were perfect... but then she remembered the darkness coming out of her amulet.
          Was she an enemy? Was she an ally of Kim Taeyeon? 
          Irene was quiet. The teacher was now starting a lesson and told everyone to get their notebooks and to listen carefully... Irene obeyed.
          "Irene...," a familiar voice whispered and that made Irene jump. The teacher and the students gasped as Irene looked at her hand. It was bloody. Irene's nose hurted and her ear felt like... it was... bleeding!

(Holy  I at describing. Honestly, it took me a pretty long time to plan everything, and I really need to improve my sense of imagining settings. Well, hope you enjoyed.

If you're confused, Irene and Seulgi are out at the same time and they feel each other's soul and power. You can see that Irene sees the darkness inside Seulgi while Seulgi sees the light in Irene. And then there's Irene's friends, RED VELVET (Wendy, Joy, Yeri). Everything will be covered soon, if you're confused. Not everything can be explained this early on.)