Chapter Four

Idol

Seulgi froze. She was stiff. And scared. And nervous. Seulgi turned slowly to the right, towards the door... to see a dripping, wet Irene with an angry face. "What the are you doing?!" Irene screamed, terrified. How could someone she just met touch her ?
         Seulgi received a hard smacking and a scolding. "B-but your pajamas were under them!" Seulgi defended herself. Irene stopped. Oh ... that's right... "Well, you should've used something other than your bare hands to remove my !" Irene scolded. Seulgi thought about it. Hm, she guessed that she should've done that. "I guess...," Seulgi mumbled. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "What was that?" Irene asked. Seulgi shook her head and laughed nervously. "N-nothing-- OUCH!"

*****

It was 10:23 PM. Seulgi and Irene were uncomfortably laying on one bed with a pillow in between. Irene was laying on her bed, wide awake. She never thought that she would feel uncomfortable on her bed unless... Irene shook her head. What was she thinking? 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi, on the other hand, felt very comfortable. After a few minutes, she fell asleep, leaving Irene awake. Irene didn't know what to do. Irene was getting sleepy until she saw a glowing black hand. Irene gaspeed. A hand popped out of Seulgi's amulet and was now crawling towards Irene. "SEULGI!" Irene yelled. Irene got up and grabbed the pillow next to Seulgi and smacked the hand. The hand crippled but recovered and sprang at Irene.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene gulped and dodged. Seulgi started to cough out blood. Irene panicked. Irene tapped her amulet and it glowed. The black hand suddenly stopped, growling at the light. Irene realized that the amulet was dangerous. Irene looked around for something with light.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Her phone! Irene dodged the hand's attack and ran to her phone and quickly turned it on. 0329 (Irene's birthday: March 29). The phone opened and before the hand could hit Irene, she the light and the hand stopped. The hand started to burn and screamed demonically before disappearing. Irene sighed and looked at her phone and frowned. It had burned along with the hand.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Well, she could just buy a new phone. Suddenly, she remembered her parents. Irene frowned and went to sleep with a frown on her face.

*****

"You should just send the child away!" her mother exclaimed angrily. Mr. Bae growled. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "This is my child! I am not just going to send her away!" Mr. Bae replied. Mrs. Bae scoffed. "Unbelievable. So her was better than mine?" Mrs. Bae asked, furious. Mr. Bae rolled her eyes. "This is infuriating!" Mrs. Bae screamed. She threw a punch towards Mr. Bae but he dodged it.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "I have a child here! Plus, Joohyun is watching, honey...," Mr. Bae said with tears in his eyes. Mrs. Bae started sobbing. "You know what I mean honey.... you're my one and only... plus, I was drunk...," Mr. Bae explained. Mrs. Bae shut him down as she tried to force the child out of his hands. " this child!" she screamed. Mr. Bae gasped. He pulled the child back. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "D-daddy? Help!" the child exclaimed and started crying. Mr. Bae kicked Mrs. Bae in the leg and she gasped and fell down. "It's okay Seulgi.. it's alright...," he cooed. Seulgi frowned. "Joohyun, come here!" Mrs. Bae exclaimed. Joohyun, with tears in her eyes, ran over to her mother. Her mother got up and held Joohyun's arm tightly. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Joohyun, baby, come here...," Mr. Bae said, trying to make Joohyun run over to him. Joohyun let go of her mother's hand forcefully and tried running over to her dad but her mother grabbed her by the collar. "Don't come back. You won't see her ever again." 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Mr. Bae watched Mrs. Bae as she tugged Joohyun away by the collar while Joohyun was crying miserably. "Honey...," he muttered. Suddenly, glass was heard dropping on the floor. Mr. Bae watched as he saw his amulet breaking. Mr. Bae had tears running down his cheeks.

*****

Irene gasped and sprang up from her bed. It was morning, Irene didn't know the time. Irene looked around and spotted a clock above her door. Hm, she never knew it was there until now... It was 8:48 AM. She had had that dream again, but this time, she can connect the pieces...
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi was in the kitchen making toast. Seulgi, again, despite being a farmer, cannot cook at all. Seulgi spotted Irene and greeted her, "Good morning, Irene!" Irene chuckled. "Are we that close already? You're not even bowing or adding -sunbaenim or at least -unnie?" Irene teased. Seulgi blushed. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "S-sorry Irene-ssi...." Irene smiled. Seulgi's heart raced. Thump.... thump... "Are you eating breakfast or what? Wait, toast?" Irene was surprised. She had honestly thought that Seulgi could cook. Seulgi nodded. Irene rolled her eyes and poured herself cereal. "You're going to starve yourself, Seulgi." Seulgi blinked. Did Irene just call her by her name? 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene's eyes widened. Seulgi's name had just rolled off her tongue so easily. "I-I mean--"
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi walked towards Irene and grabbed the cereal box. Irene looked at the cereal box. Their hands were touching. "O-oh sorry. You poured too much cereal a-and it was about to spill," Seulgi explained. Irene nodded and watched as Seulgi poured herself cereal.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "A-and um... you want some toast?" Seulgi asked, giving Irene a bitten toast. Irene gasped. It was as if her soul had left her body. Does this girl have any common sense?! "You already bit it for goodness sake!" Irene exclaimed.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi looked at the toast. "Oh." Irene blushed and stood up dramatically to grab milk from the fridge. She opened the cap and started pouring milk into her bowl. Now, anybody can make milk pouring look dramatic. Irene was too busy admiring Seulgi's beauty. Her monolid eyes and her lips that look even tastier than cereal (now cereal isn't even that tasty. no hate). WAIT WHAT?! Irene started blushing and suddenly she dropped the milk carton. Everything was in slow motion. Seulgi's eyes widened and Irene screamed, shocked.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi got up instinctively to protect the love of her life and Irene had slipped and fell down. Seulgi idiotically slipped and fell on top of Irene while the milk carton fell on top of Seulgi's head and Irene's cereal bowl fell on top of the milk carton on top of Seulgi's head.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene was extremely shocked by what happened. Seulgi was soaking wet by milk and cereal. Irene tried holding back her laugh but she couldn't, so she just bursted out laughing. Seulgi was extremely embarrassed. Irene was blushing as she could feel Seulgi's hands on her s. Seulgi quickly got up and apologized to Irene.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "I'M SORRY SUNBAENIM! I'M SORRY SUNBAENIM! I'M SORRY SUNBAENIM!" Seulgi apologized. And even after the two of them cleaned everything up, brushed their teeth and organized themselves, and changed, Seulgi was was still apologizing.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi didn't have the school uniform, so she had to wear Irene's spare uniform. And Seulgi had to wear Irene's . "A-are you sure that I-I can resist not wetting myse-- I mean...," Seulgi stuttered, accidentally saying something inappropriate. Fortunately, Irene was too busy to hear her. "Come on! Wendy's waiting for us!" Irene exclaimed, running towards the gates when she spotted it.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Wendy was waiting by the gates, bored. Her face lit up when she spotted Irene and they ran towards each other. They hugged each other. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Dude, Sehun talked to me!" was the first thing Wendy said. Irene stopped and raised an eyebrow at Wendy. Wendy cleared . "Sorry. Anyways--"
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Wendy froze when she saw Seulgi. Wendy's eyes widened. Wendy's breath was taken by Seulgi's beauty. Just like how Irene sees her beauty. Monolid eyes, nose, lips, everything about Seulgi was attractive.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Wendy?" Irene asked, bewildered. Why was she so still? She turned around and spotted Seulgi. "Oh, right. Wendy, this is Seulgi. Seulgi, this is Wendy." Irene didn't know why Wendy was so shocked at seeing Seulgi. Suddenly Wendy walked nervously towards Seulgi and started blushing. "I-I'm Wendy...!" she stuttered, bowing at Seulgi.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi's eyes widened. "U-uh, are you older than me?!" Seulgi asked. Wendy froze. "Um.. February 21, 2004....," Wendy said, telling Seulgi her birthday. Irene gasped. "WENDY! SHE MIGHT BE A SERIAL KILLER!" Irene teased. Seulgi blushed and Wendy gasped. "WHAT?! SERIOUSLY!? DID SHE STALK YOU HERE?!" Wendy asked, scared of Seulgi now.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene started laughing. Seulgi grinned. That made Wendy's heart race. "I guess that I am older than you. By 11 days." Seulgi flashed a smile at Wendy that made Wendy's heart melt. And suddenly, Irene felt a feeling that she's never felt before. A feeling that makes her sort of hate Wendy being with Seulgi. Irene looked away from the two, frowning.

*****

"Irene-sunbaenim! You're a natural at this!" Joy exclaimed. Yeri pushed Joy away. "No, Irene-sunbaenim, you're excellent! You're talent--OOF!" Joy shoved Yeri away. "IRENE-SUNBAENIM!" Yeri screamed.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene smiled proudly. They were sparring with each other and Irene had won every match with whoever challenged her. Seulgi's heart raced at seeing Irene smile and she smiled too. She suddenly felt the urge to challenge Irene too, though she wouldn't win. Seulgi went in line and that made Yeri and Joy gasped. "It's you! The new transfer student!" Yeri exclaimed.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Wow, you're really pretty!" Joy stated. Seulgi blushed at the compliment. She felt so weak, she didn't feel so strong. At her old school, she would be so strong and daring and bold. "Seulgi! Are you challenging me?!" Irene asked, surprised. Seulgi blushed even more and nodded. Irene felt unsteady. She didn't know about fighting Seulgi because... it felt different sparring with her.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Ready? Set. GO!" Yeri shouted like a fangirl and recieved a slap on the arm by Joy. They started cheering for Irene. Irene was sweating.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi was nervous. She didn't even know how to fight! Irene was reluctant but started charging at Seulgi. Seulgi gasped and suddenly, she raised her hand and blasted energy at Irene. Irene gasped and dodged it, but barely. Irene looked at Seulgi. "You didn't even use your amulet...," Irene muttered. Suddenly, she gasped. "Are you an idol?!" 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi felt more confident by that blast and started charging at Irene. Irene's guard was off and she blocked it. Irene shot a laser beam out of her amulet and it hit Seulgi, which made students gasp. But Seulgi was uninjured and continued charging at Irene. Irene was staring at Seulgi, ready for an attack. Suddenly, Seulgi gave Irene a heart attack, and Irene wasn't prepared for that. Seulgi's sweaty face made Irene think dirty and ertedly and Seulgi had charged into Irene, causing Irene to scream.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Irene landed on the ground and tried standing up but Seulgi grabbed her and flipped her and she landed on the ground hard. "Oh ...," she whispered. Seulgi was sweating and panting. She had won since the students started cheering. Irene was too tired to think and she closed her eyes. She wasn't moving. Seulgi smiled as someone ran to her and raised her hand. "WINNER!" they yelled.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi was so happy that she didn't even notice Irene laying on the ground, unconscious. Wendy was so worried about Irene that she ran towards her and touched her cheek. "Irene, wake up!" she exclaimed, but nobody heard her since the cheering was too loud. The students started gathering around Seulgi and gave her compliments.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Wendy, Joy, and Yeri took Irene to the infirmary and the nurse told them that Irene was okay. She just fainted and the injury wasn't crucial and would heal in a week. The three were quite surprised to hear that. "Seulgi was able to do that much damage to our star student?" Yeri asked, worried. Wendy was quite scared of Seulgi now. "We'll always be loyal and fans to Irene. We won't move on from her!" Joy said bravely.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Yeri nodded and Wendy was so thankful for these two 13-year olds. Meanwhile Seulgi was so happy being praised. It was lunchtime and she was invited to sit by so many tables. "Sit here, Seulgi!" someone said. Seulgi grinned but was pulled by a girl. Seulgi's eyes widened. The girl's face was so beautiful that Seulgi was mesmerized by her beauty. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         "Sit by us! My name is Jisoo!" she introduced and motioned for Seulgi to sit by her. The lunchroom was congested and there were a bunch of tables and the tables had plenty of room for a lot of students. "Ah, thanks!" Seulgi thanked Jisoo. Seulgi sat down and stole a glance from Jisoo. Why was she so beautiful? It reminded Seulgi of someone.... someone named.... Irene! Seulgi's eyes widened.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Did she injure Irene too much? Seulgi got up but was stopped by Jisoo. "Where are you going? Leaving us so soon?!" Jisoo asked, making Seulgi feel guilty. "No...," Seulgi said nervously. She sat back down and she was praised a lot. And her worries about Irene disappeared. Seulgi felt her heart race when Jisoo looked at her. 
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         You never deserved Irene anyway. You're not even loyal to her! You only liked Irene because she was pretty, didn't you? That's why you like Jisoo! ing idiot! Seulgi's eyes widened and she cleared . Irene's injured and you don't give a about it! Seulgi was sweating now. "Seulgi, you okay?" Jisoo asked, looking at Seulgi.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Seulgi forced a smile and nodded. Even though she really wasn't okay.

*****

"Jisoo, seriously, I can't go with you to your party....," Seulgi tried telling her, but Jisoo refused to listen. "My dad trains people like you! You're really strong and I think that he'll like you!" Jisoo said.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​         Jisoo started pouting and that made Seulgi's heart melt. "O-okay.. fine..." But suddenly, someone kicked Seulgi to the ground. Seulgi looked up and saw Wendy. "Seulgi... you're leaving Irene alone?!" Wendy asked, surprised. Suddenly, her heart that was racing for Seulgi suddenly started to hate Seulgi. "I see how it is..." Wendy turned around and walked into the school, leaving a worried Jisoo and a devestated Seulgi.