3.

Forget Me Not

Tires screeching. A loud bang. Red.

Those are the things that plagued Haechan's mind when he woke up in his bed one morning.He sat up, his mind replaying the time he woke up at an American hospital at 7 years old with a severe head injury and unable to remember anything.Not even his own name. The doctor told him he survived a car crash but his parents didn't. The 7-year-old was diagnosed with amnesia when he failed to recall anything that has happened.The only thing that was salvaged from the accident was his backpack which only contained small toys, some strawberry flavoured lollipops and a photo of two kids in front of what looked like an amusement park.

 

The photo.

 

The boy looked at the picture properly.The smaller kid in the photo had tanned skin so he guessed that was him. The taller one had his arm around the smaller kid's shoulder but the boy couldn't remember who he is.But judging from the writing on the bottom half of the photo,they were best friends.

 

Don't forget me and don't stop smiling.

 

So he keeps on smiling.

 

He smiles kindly at all the nurses and doctors he met.He even interacted with some other patients in the hospital,his pressence able to light up the gloomy atmosphere.It's his childlike wonder matched with his bright personality that earned him the nickname the hospital's full sun. A little sun shining light on even the gloomiest patients.The boy took pride in this nickname and gave himself a new name based on it since he couldn't remember his real one.

 

So he decided his name would be Lee Haechan.

 

It was one day Haechan roamed the halls and overheard the nurses talking about a young boy being newly admitted to the hospital because of a fractured bone.So Haechan in his curious state,went to meet the new boy in hopes of making new friends.The boy's name was Daehwi and he was bedridden because of the injury. But Haechan,being the nice kid he is, managed to cheer him up.

 

After a short amount of time, the two started becoming friends. They did everything together. The hospital becoming their playground whenever they want.

 

But it only lasted three weeks when the doctor said Daehwi was healed and can leave the hospital.Before leaving, the two boys hugged and Haechan felt tears welling his eyes. The last thing Daehwi told him was that he hope Haechan would get better soon.And he left.

 

And Haechan felt the familiar sense of loss all over again.

 

 

Eventually,he found Johnny Seo.A young man who was visiting his friend that resided on the bed next to Haechan. The boy bonded with the two guys and Johnny being the kind one, decided to take him in.It was when he left the hospital in Johnny's car was when the boy thought his life is going to change.

 

And it did.

 

Being a freshly graduated college student,Johnny was surprisingly good at raising a 7 year old child.He was able to handle the younger's bratty antics and tantrums really well.Maybe it was his deep voice that sounds scary when he's angry or maybe it was his calming aura,Haechan didn't know.But he knows that he really loves Johnny,he's like a big brother and a father figure to him.That is why Haechan trust the older's decision to go back to South Korea to get closer to their home country's culture.

 

Back to the present, Haechan got out of his bed and went to the bathroom to wash up.When he's done and into his uniform,he went downstairs and into the kitchen where Johnny was reading the newspaper with a coffee mug in hand. The older raised his head to the new pressence in the room and smiled, "Good morning,kiddo"

 

The younger groaned at the older's happy tone. The sound made the smile on Johnny's face turned into an apologetic one, "Had that dream again?",he asked.

 

"Yeah,but only in bits. It's never a full one",he sat down across from Johnny. The older reached over and ruffled the younger's hair,a move that always makes Haechan feel a little better.

 

"Don't worry,kiddo.You'll get your memories back, eventually",he smiled at Haechan who smiled back slightly.

 

"I hope so"

 

Author's note: This chapter is just to explain what happened to Donghyuck and why he doesn't remember Mark.Next chapter will be back to the original plot.