Andromeda

Andromeda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You gave yourself a few moments to collect your shock and then excused yourself to the bathroom to take a shower and think things through. You stood there with the door closed, undressed, and in front of the mirror while the shower water ran just looking at yourself and wondering what the hell you were going to do next. After a few minutes of staring and thinking the mirror began to fog over and the humidity in the bathroom began to become heavy. Finally you stepped under the hot water and let it cascade over you, a million thoughts running through your head.

Wasn’t this too quick? Or weird? Were you ready for this step? You literally went from no sort of intimate relationships whatsoever to a lifelong romance and commitment in a matter of days. And it felt right to be with him, but was it just desperation? Or were you really excited a lifetime of happiness with him? Would you really be happy here? Or could you really become a vampire like Taemin and live like you were completely normal in this house with him for the rest of eternity? Would anything ever be the same again? In the matter of moments your life would be flipped upside down and put on an eternal pause while everything else withered away.

Suddenly Taemin knocked at the door drawing you out of your thoughts and back into the present.

“Are you okay in there?” he asked sounding concerned

“I’m fine” you lied

You quickly washed your hair and realized that your fingers had pruned up. You had been in the shower for a very long time, making Taemin nervous. And a part of you wanted to smile at the thought of him being concerned for your wellbeing or the simple fact that he was looking out for you, but really you were too freaked out by the thought of being close to him right now. Your heart wanted you to get out of the shower and spend the next lifetime with him by your side but your mind was reeling at the number of questions and what-if’s that lingered ahead.

You brushed your teeth, washed your face and brushed your hair before slipping on your pajamas and stepping out of the bathroom. Taemin was laying across the bed casually in lined pants and a sweater reading a book and your breath hitched in your throat. He looked painfully handsome and domestic doing such a normal thing for such a supernatural man. You blinked your eyes and swallowed down your thoughts and walked down to the kitchen to hopefully get some space from him.

The closer that you got to the kitchen the better you felt with more space between the two of you. You flipped on the lights to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the pantry and filled it with water. Carefully you jumped up on the countertop and sat there silently resting your head against the cabinets while you drank down you water, wishing it was something that could make your nervousness leave your mind. Or even give you the strength to talk about what had you so twisted up in the first place.

I mean literally only four days ago you were a completely boring normal woman with a salary and a small single unit apartment, and now…. Now your life was predetermined. Taemin was handsome and the type of guy that all women fell for, but was he what you wanted? He made you feel amazing and happy all the time, but were you truly to the point where you were ready to settle down and be in a lifelong- no, that. An eternity long relationship with him? You would have to look at this house every day, drink out of the same cups every day, see the rest of Taemin’s brothers every day, see…. See Minho every day and think about how much you liked him while you did. And remember the things that you did to him and what you let him do to you. Would Taemin ever become okay with that, knowing that it happened or would he constantly be jealous around Minho. Right now it seemed like it was just a mating issue but you really didn’t know much at all about him in the first place.

Come to think of it you didn’t know anything other than his actual age. You didn’t know his birthday, his favorite color, where he’s been, what school he went to or where he grew up. Did he have biological sisters or brothers?

Suddenly the weight on your shoulders seemed a little bit heavier, realizing that so much was happening at a ridiculous pace. And now that you see that in retrospect it seemed like you were being completely foolish and un-normal. This was not you at all. You were the girl who played things safe. The girl who was never out late and was always doing what she was told at her boring corporate job, but now that you were caged in the lifestyle for the rest of eternity you felt completely at a loss.

By now you had completely finished your glass of water and there was nothing left for you to do in the kitchen so you placed your cup by the sink and headed back up the stairs. You assumed that Taemin would be getting anxious with how long you had been away from him and decided to go back up before he came down for you. Knowing that his clinginess would only serve as a reminder of what you were to him, and right now that’s not what you needed.

Slowly you stepped up and took your time trying to reach the door to your bed room when all of a sudden a loud noise from the front of the house startled you. You quietly tiptoed back to the front of the house and quietly peeked and listened for any suspicious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter