Andromeda

Andromeda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stepped into the night club that everyone was buzzing about. It amazed yourself that you even bothered to show up here but the anticipation about it was what convinced you to try it once. Even your best friend who you told that you were coming didn’t believe that you would actually come. She just looked over your figure, sitting in your small cubicle with your light pink sweater and your hair pulled back neatly in a bun and laughed once. She shook her head at you with a smile and said “why bother? We both know that that’s not your scene.” And truth be told it wasn’t your scene you were quiet and shy, had no social life outside of occasionally going to a wine bar with your friend. You were always five minutes early to work, had only had one boyfriend in high school and never wore skimpy clothes or heavy makeup. You were the text book definition of a plain Jane. A complete nobody. You had no idea how to dance or even order drinks at a bar. So why were you here?

You pushed away all of the thoughts that clouded your mind and looked across the club. It was dark and smoky and you could barely see anything past ten feet in front of you. You took a small, shaky step forward across the concrete flooring and steadied yourself on the railing next to you. You focused in on the smoke trying to decipher what was behind it and you could bare make out the glow of a sign that read the name of the club. Andromeda. You followed it, hoping that it would lead you to the bar. If you were going to be brave and stay the whole night you would need to have a few drinks in your system.  You held onto the wall next to you the entire duration of the path to the neon sign, pushing through the hundreds of glistening bodies pressed against each other dancing and grinding to the beat of the music. You finally reached an ending to the railing which led you to stairs that went straight up to your north star.

You climbed the stairs and your vision was magically much clearer. You turned around to gaze at the rest of the club and were amazed at what you discovered. The dance floor was sunken and separated from everything else like it was a pit. The smoke that clouded your vision hovered over the bodies allowing no one to see down at the dancers and prevented the dancers from looking up. It was like you were somehow in two different places at once, both in heaven and hell.  You gazed at the booths that were separated by heavy drapes and giant black glass walls. The walls were painted black and the roof was a shade of red that seemed sultry to complement the theme of the club. Your gaze around the club brought you back to your first goal. The bar. You walked over and stood next to the people who were talking with friends casually and waiting for their chance to get drinks by the bar. Slowly it came closer and closer to being your turn to order and you watched as the skilled bartenders flipped glasses and lit drinks on fire before handing them to their impressed customers. A tall and handsome man, who had to be no older than 21 slid in front of you with hooded eyes and a knowing smirk.

“What would you like?” he asked with a surprisingly deep voice.

You were stunned by his lack of any flaws and admired his face. His eyebrows were thick and scrunched like he was focusing or perhaps angry at something. His high bridged nose lacked any pores and led you straight down to his mouth. His lips weren’t large but had enough curve to make anyone think about how they would possibly feel pressed up against their own. They were set into a crooked smile that only seemed to get bigger as the time went on as you stared at him.  He leaned forward a little moving his eyes back into your line of vision. You immediately met his eyes once more and yours widened out of embarrassment. You coughed and looked away from him trying to hide your pink cheeks and embarrassing thoughts.

“Would you like something to drink?” he asked you again, with a smile in his voice

“Whiskey Coke” you said, hoping it was loud enough to hear over the bass of the music.

He cocked an eyebrow and immediately began to make your drink. You watched his hands as they grabbed the bottle and hose and combined the liquids together. It was an easy drink to make and you were slightly disappointed that he didn’t do any tricks to make your drink. He handed you your glass and you passed him your credit card to keep a tab open. He reached for your card and his fingers skimmed your palm. You gasped and pulled away from his touch when you felt how cold his fingers were. The path of his fingers left an icy cool trail across your palm that seemed to throb for a second before disappearing. You looked up at him in shock and he gave you no sign of emotion other than the complete and confidence that he radiated.  

“My name Is Sehun, if you need anything else let me know” he said before winking at you and moving on to the next person waiting in the line.

You stood there amazed for a moment. You hadn’t seen him say that to anyone else let alone stare at them with that grin like he had done to you. You turned away from the bar, still looking over your shoulder as if mesmerized by Sehun. You glanced around the booths and found one that was clean and empty and took a seat there. You sipped on your drink and relaxed into the velvet cushioned seat. So far you thought that you’d done pretty well, other than staring at a complete stranger. In fact this place wasn’t so bad. You bobbed your head and bounced your foot to the beat of the music completely oblivious to the curious stares that people were giving you. You were sure that it seemed odd to others that you were completely alone, but you had made sure to dress up like anyone else who would be here. You looked over your outfit that you found online and ran your hands over the material of the dress. You weren’t too fond of tight fitting clothing but the deep blue velvet that hugged your curves felt comfortable and soft. Your four inch shoes weren’t hurting you yet, which you were thankful for. And spending the time on curling your hair and putting on a little more eyeliner and mascara made you feel good. You felt like you weren’t yourself, for some reason and that. Felt. Good. Tonight you weren’t worried about how much you were going to drink, or how early you had to wake up. There was no pressure to act perfect or constantly be on task. You could breathe.

You sat there through a few songs before your drink was empty. You were going to scoot your way out of the booth and back to the bar when a muscular man slid in next to you. You immediately noticed his grey eyes and light brushed back hair which made him look more like a foreigner and not Korean. You were stuck in place as if his eyes were trapping you in place. You wanted to move away from him or even just look away from his piercing eyes.

“You can’t sit here” he said monotone. You gulped and bowed slightly, never removing your eyes from his.

“I’m sorry I will leave” you said

“Are you here by yourself?” he asked with raised eyebrows and a slightly less ominous tone.

You smiled and laughed inwardly. Was it that obvious?  You nodded your head once at the stranger.

“And I’m guessing it’s your first time being here too huh?” he asked again leaning in closer to you.

You blinked your eyes and tried to back away from him and his lingering proximity. Startled for his closeness to you, you couldn’t find words to speak. Again you just nodded at him and gave a polite smile. The man smiled and leaned away from you at your answer. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked behind him towards the bar. When he returned his attention back to you he smiled and slightly cocked his head to the side.

“The booths and the private lounges are reserved for special guests, but if you would like to you are more than welcome to my private lounge. I’ve got a couple of friends back there with me.” He said nodding his head to the farthest corner of the Club. You looked over in its direction and eyed it wearily. It seemed to be the largest lounge out of all of the rest and seemed like it would be really expensive to rent out. You looked back to the man and raised your eyebrows at him curious as to why he would invite you back with him

“I’m sorry I’ve yet to introduce myself” he said chuckling and clutching a hand over his chest “My name is Minho and I am one of the Co-Owners of Andromeda.”  

You looked at him now with wide eyes and bowed slightly to him

“It’s nice to meet you! My name is y/n” you said now, completely erasing all negative thoughts of Minho. He was just an owner trying to make a good impression on a customer.

“So how about it?” he started “Would you like to see what the lounges look like?”

You gave him a genuine smile and nodded your head. He slide out of the booth and you followed his same path out, being cautious no to let your dress ride up. You reached over to grab your empty glass, trying not to be rude and leave a dirty table in front of him. But he quickly snatched the drink from your hands and sat it back down on the glass table, leaving it for a staff member to collect. He took you by the hand and wrapped it around his fore arm as he led you away from the people and further into the darkness of the club. You eyed over the concrete barrier and railing and saw nothing but the smoke and strobe lights leaving their intricate patterns on the surface of the smoky shield that secured you from them. It gave you a chill down your spine feeling like you were almost untouchable being so high secluded and above everyone else above you. You laughed and looked up at Minho who was looking down at you and smiling at your naïve amazement.

You turned your attention to looking at the lounges and trying to get a glimpse at what they looked like beyond their drape guarded entrances. Each and every one of them was shut tightly remaining unexposed to anyone who passed by. Yet, you continued to look, as if your curiosity was running wild and you couldn’t control the thought of seeing who would want to hide behind the secretive glass in such a place. There were only a few more lounges left before you met your destination and you secretly prayed that one of them would be open, exposing those who were inside. You passed each out of luck before you came across the last one.

The curtain was half-hazardly closed with a small gap left open. With wide eyes you peered inside to find only two people were inside. The two were almost completely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter