Andromeda

Andromeda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat down on the couch and tried to gather all of your wits before you tried to carry on any other type of conversation.

What did this all mean? And why were you so willing to believe it? Taemin and Minho hadn’t exhibited any signs to make you think that they were anything other than human so why did you believe it when he said that he was a vampire?

You looked over at Minho who sat at the opposite end of the couch looking absolutely defeated and guilty. Taemin stood above the two of you from across the couch giving Minho a look like he was the dirtiest thing that he had come across. It looks could kill you imagined that this would be the look to do it.

You looked down at the floor and cleared your throat, affectively making both of the men turn their attention towards you. Minho looked concerened for you and tried to scoot over to your side to comfort you but taemin gave him a look that screamed ‘I dare you to try’.

“Can someone please explain everything to me again?… slower this time?” you asked with a soft voice

Taemin rolled his eyes and looked to Minho to explain the mess that he had gotten everyone in. Minho sighed and stared up at the ceiling before he began to talk.

“We, are all vampires, everyone that you met at the club besides the women. We live here in this house together.” He started and looked towards you to make sure that you were taking what he was saying to you well. But you refused to look at either of them. You had your eyes permanently trained on the ground as you tried to add everything together. “As vampires we have a mate…. Someone who is supposed to be made for us and us for them. Taemin is your mate.”

You looked up towards taemin who was looking down at you as if he was gauging your reaction. You didn’t say anything to him but merely looked over his features.

“But how is he supposed to be my mate?… he’s not even attracted to me! He let you have me!” you exclaimed furious that this is the way that things had panned out. “And… honestly I’m not attracted to him.” You said softly hoping that they didn’t hear that last part.

“And who are you attracted to? HIM?” Taemin yelled and pointed at Minho

It was your turn to roll your eyes at Taemin now. Why did he think that because you were his “mate” or whatever that you had to drop everything and run to him? He also admitted that he didn’t want you, so why should you go to him?

“Well I don’t excatly want to force myself into a relationship where I’m not happy nor wanted” you growled out to him

Taemin smirked at you and scoffed  “Not happy?… I would treat you like the ing queen. Not wanted?… do you have any idea how appealing you are?” he stated like what you had just said was the absolute dumbest thing he had ever heard in his lifetime.

You shook your head at him in silent fury. Bull , you thought to yourself. You peeked over at Minho who was looking down at his lap as if this was the last place on earth where he wanted to be. You turned towards him in your seat and silently wished that he would look at you. Just once that’s all that you wanted. You just needed for him to confirm it for you that this was real.

“And what happens to us?” you asked him hoping that the stupid quiver in your voice wasn’t too obvious.

Minho slowly turned his head to look at your from the corner of his eyes before he looked back down in his lap. “We stop” he said

“this is so stupid… this is the first time that I like a guy who’s liked me back in the longest ing time… and now it doesn’t even matter?” you said out loud

“I know and I am sorry.” Minho confessed “I should have never started anything knowing that it was going to end up like this, but he’s right!”

Your gaze sharpened on Minho and you were prepared to kill both of the men who stood before you, one for being an absolute idot and the other for being and even bigger idiot.

How could they be so carless and selfish? This is exactly why you had trust issues! The good guys always end up being the bad guys and the bad guys… well they’re still bad. So either way you didn’t win.

“as soon as he claims you it’ll be like I never even felt anything for you, because all of this” he gestured in between the two of you “is only because of the bond between us brothers.”

You looked at him and instantly any sort of emotion that you felt in the last 24 hours was pointless. It was all a big fat scam and he knew it. He only used you to feel good because of his freaky little psychic connection.

It didn’t matter how old or mature men seemed to be… they’re all the ing same.

“So what happens if I don’t want to be with you?” you asked Taemin with the malice dripping from your voice making it obvious that you had no intentions of being with him.

He looked at you softly as if he hoped that his answer would make you feel some pitty, “you want the long version or the short version?” he asked you and when you didn’t answer he sighed and continued “I’ll start to halucinate and I’ll eventually go crazy. I’ll become violent and uncontrollable. And eventually the madness will lead me to my own self destruction”

Your glare softened and you started to feel some remorse for him. It wasn’t as simple for him to move on like you had the abilty to.  He couldn’t cry the heart break out and redecorate his house like you had done in the past. It wouldn’t take him a simple few weeks of heart break to get over you… it was a literal life or death situation.

You groaned out in frustration and ran your fingers through your hair. How did you become the person wrapped up in all of this monumental drama? You had always been a good girl and never did anything wrong and always worked hard and did what you were told.

You histerically started to laugh as you realized that all of those girls who you used to be jealous of because they had more than one man now seemed measily and pathetic. You didn’t have two men, you had one and the other didn’t love you but needed you to survive.

“If Minho feels this way about me then what about you? Why don’t you seem to be affected by me?” you asked Taemin

Taemin shuffled on his feet and then finally sat down in a leather chair that faces the couch.  “At first I didn’t want anything to do with having a mate. I felt like I was too young and it wasn’t fair for me to have met my mate when all of my brothers were significantly older than I am.”

Your jaw dropped and you turned to Minho completely uncomfortable now that you realized that he was actually ages older than you in the disguise of his former self.

“Wait-“ you put your hands up to stop Taemin and asked “exactly how old are you?” you eyed him skeptically. You wouldn’t have guessed that he was over 40 and Minho couldn’t be over 60… right?

“I will be 75 in july, and Minho” he glanced over at him and chuckled “He’ll be 142 in December”

You coughed on the air around you and as soon as you caught your breath you allowed your jaw to drop dramatically. You looked at minho and imagined the toned body underneath his clothes. Grandpa’s still got it! You thought to yourself and like he had read your mind Minho looked over at you and showed a small smile. he turned away quickly to not show his happiness by your amusement and Taemin’s obvious agitation.

“After I’ve just told you that you still look at him that way?” Taemin asked in disbelief

You looked over at him and quickly blinked as you tried to disguise your obvious glances at Minho, knowing what was underneath the thick clothes.

“So what are we gonna do?” Minho asked to anyone who could answer him

Taemin and you stoped and looked at eachother knowing that what ever happened would be up to the two of you. Mostly you.

“What are we gonna do?” Taemin asked you acknowledging your importance.

You sat back and sighed thinking about what would change if you agreed to become taemin’s mate.

You’d probably end up continuing life as normal but just as a taken woman… and even if it wasn’t a relationship that you necessarily wanted it didn’t mean that you would allow for Taemin to go insane and put lots of people in danger.  That was too selfish.

“Im not promising that I’ll ever fall in love with you… and I’m not saying that I’m going to take advantage of your affection either but, I’m not a murderer. I’m not going to let you just die” you said without looking at taemin. “what exactly do you have to do to claim me?” you asked

Taemin’s eyes started to look amazed and hopeful and he sat a little bit closer to the edge of his seat

“It’s really simple….” He started but the laughter from Minho immediately stopped him from continuing

He looked over at Minho and the fire that was in his eyes suddenly dissaparead. Minho covered his mouth and let out a few sorry’s but you knew that he didn’t mean it.

“What is it?” you said focusing back on Taemin hoping that he would continue

“Well, I have to bite you and drink some of your blood.” He said

His tone seemed off like that wasn’t the end of his sentence and you looked at him expectantly waiting for the rest to come.

“and we have to have ” he finished with his head hung

You nodded your head and thought it over. The biting thing was expected. You didn’t think that it seemed to surreal or jaw dropping. It seemed just like standard vampy stuff. But the part was something that you had to think about.

He “loves” you and your supposed to love him back and its part of the process to save his life… Could you really sleep with him that easily? Even though as of an hour ago you were completely swept up in Minho? Even though you really believed that you had something incredibly special with him?

You looked over at minho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter