Andromeda

Andromeda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin froze in his place and couldn’t believe that he had heard what he did. She didn’t feel anything?

He didn’t know how things could be this wrong. When two mates met each other it was supposed to be an undeniable and irreversible bond that drove them together. No questions needed to be ask and they would do whatever in the world was necessary for them to be together. And he was right there waiting on the edge… but you? You were nowhere to be found. He would do anything for you and all you had to do was say the word. That’s what it meant for him at this point.

He no longer resented you for making him this way either. Instead, he was happy that he had found you. He didn’t want to become bitter as the days passed by him. He didn’t want to become self-loathing because he was alone and forsaken in a world where no one cared. And now it made more sense why fate had composed such a life for him and you together. Because out of all the darkness you were his light that would never fade away. You were his torch that would light up his heart.

In his previous life before he was turned he was only 24. And now he would always be so young. All of his opportunity was taken from him in a time when he was supposed to be the most stoppable and at his prime. But now that he was unstoppable and completely timeless he lost so much more than he ever gained. 74 wasn’t old compared to Minho or god forbid Key and Onew’s 320 year old tombstones. But it also meant that he had only just recently seen everyone who he loved live their life to the fullest and now they were passing away one by one.

So you were the single thing that could make all of the pain and heartache tolerable. You were the only thing that could make his heart feel like it was beating again. And you were the only thing that made him smile, truly smile for the first time in his long 50 years of punishment. So why was it that you had no desire to be a part of his life? It wasn’t supposed to be like this at all!

You were supposed to fall in love with him like everyone else did. So now he was starting to second guess himself… Were you really his soulmate?

He looked away from you and down to the floor and pulled himself together. His mind was screaming at him that this moment, this kiss, was perfect. That you were perfect! And everything was falling into place, like a puzzle was finally being solved. His mind and heart were in sync and he knew that you were the one. But if he felt that way then why didn’t you feel anything? You were supposed to feel it too!

He shoved all of his thoughts to the back of his head and he faced the exit of the building and walked away from you. He couldn’t mentally or physically deal with your answer to his question. He didn’t want to have this discussion here or now, he needed to do it in a place where he would be sure that he wouldn’t lose his cool. So he left you behind.

He walked straight to the car and didn’t take a single chance of looking back at you. He got in the car and started it and only waited for the sound of the passenger door opening and closing before he took off.

He sped off in the car and it was no surprise to you how fast he took off from his mood change. Right now he wasn’t being considerate of you because he needed to take care of himself.

You knew that he went quiet for a reason and walked away from you for a reason. So instead of bringing up the kiss again you let it be. The air in the car was thick and you could feel the negative energy radiate off of him. You wanted to be scared and not care about him, but instead you were worried. And not worried that you had just pissed off someone who could end your life in seconds, but worried that you had done more damage than you intended by telling him “no”. You wanted to reach out to him and comfort him in a way that only you knew could help him. You wanted to tell him that it meant more to you than you let on but you could make yourself say the words out loud. So you sat back in your seat and put your head down for the rest of the car ride.

Once the two of you were home Taemin’s attitude didn’t change, he just went straight up to his study without muttering a single word to you. You sighed at the sight of his back and his walking away lingered in your vision. You didn’t have anything to do in your room so you walked to the kitchen, the last place where he would be.

You decided that cooking would be helpful to get your mind off of things so you peeked inside of the refrigerator. Nothing. Nothing except alcohol and blood by the pint sat on the selves. You held in a sigh and leaned against the kitchen counter top. What in the hell were you going to do? You checked every pantry and every cabinet to see if there was any sign of consumable food and there was none.

“That’s fine, I’ll just starve” you said out loud to no one in particular.

If you were going to be living in this house for a while some things needed to change. The smell of cigarettes needed to be covered up. The house needed to be properly cleaned and food needed to be stocked up in the pantry and refrigerator. You looked around the house and sighed to yourself. It wasn’t the first thing that you wanted to be doing, but when there’s nothing else to do in this house its better than nothing. You checked under the sink to see if there were any cleaning supplies and to your complete lack of surprise there were none.

You quickly jogged up to your room and searched for a pen and a pad of paper. Once you had the two things in front of you, you brainstormed a grocery and cleaning supplies list. Once you had it all written down you looked up at your door. You knew that you would have to tell Taemin that you were going to go to the store, but things were so awkward that you didn’t know how to act normally around him.

Your mind started to race as you thought about what he could possibly be doing. Was he angry and venting out his frustrations? Or was he depressed and keeping himself away? Or perhaps he was stayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter