Can I Get Your Number?

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 8

That scene kept replaying in my mind. It was just the slightest touch but it made me feel as if a burst of energy has rushed through my entire body. I really want to know what this feeling is.

Ever since seeing her that first day of school I’ve been captivated by her smile, her beauty, her entire being. I know I might be exaggerating a little but I just call it as I see it.

Is this what they call love at first sight.

No, can’t be. I’m over thinking things.

I am heading to the Liu Corps. main building for a meeting. As if my life wasn’t complicated already. It’s hard to balance school and running a company. I haven’t really started yet and I’m already having doubts about it.

But...if dad didn’t think I could do it, he wouldn’t have given me the responsibility.

“Welcome, Ms. Liu. The meeting will begin shortly.” The secretary greeted me.

I went to go sit in the main chair of the conference room. This room looked…really big….and intimidating. The chair seems really big too.

“Don’t look so nervous.” I felt a hand on shoulder.

“Vic! Oh thank god, you’re here.” I said hugging her tightly while still sitting in the chair.

“Happy to see you too. You need to calm down; it’s going to be a piece of cake.”

“How?! I don’t even know what to do.” I panicked.

“It’s only a sales pitch. You listen to the salesman and when he’s done you decide whether you want the company to get involved or not.”

“You make it sound so easy. How about you run this company?”

“Don’t be silly.” She said squeezing my cheeks.

I pouted at her, she just laughed it off. I see from the corner of my eye that people are starting to file into the room.

All the employees greeted me including the VP. I know most of them because they’ve been working for my dad for years. There are still some I have yet to remember their names but I’ll figure it out sooner or later.

“Amber, I’ll be over there.” Vic pointed to the seat in the corner of the room.

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and giving me such an opportunity. I am Koide Natsu, sales representative from the Takanaka Toy Co.”

We were all handed manila folders containing information on his presentation.

‘A toy company?’

I suppose, this company does many things from financial to specialized attorneys. We have 4 branches worldwide; New York, Hong Kong, Taipei, and Seoul. The one in Seoul was the first branch so it is the main location.

I have to fly down to each branch every year to do a physical analysis of how the company is running but I need to review and examine all business deals and transactions every 3 months and sign them off.

Thinking about it is definitely going to make my brain explode. Restless nights sitting on my desk and reading over documents carefully.

When the meeting was over, Victoria and I went to grab dinner.

“So what did you think about the pitch?”

“Terrible…a mechanical doll? Don’t you think that is a little scary? I mean when you’re sleeping all of a sudden it gets up and starts talking. I would be scarred for life.”

“You sure you’re not just saying that because you hate dolls?” She raised a brow at me.

“No, I’m serious. Did you see that thing? It looked at me like it was going to eat my heart out. Even the secretary screamed when it turned her direction and talked.”

“Sure~”

“…quit teasing me; let’s go. I want to go to sleep so I can wake up early tomorrow.”

“What? You? Wake up early for school? This is new; I always have to drag you out of bed. Is there something special at school? Or should I say someone?” Victoria smirked.

“No! I…just want to…run to the library before class starts.”

“Of course you do.” Victoria said as she got up from her seat.

XxxxxX

“Amber…why are we at school so early?” Luna whined like a little child.

“Because the morning scenery is magnificent and entrancing.” Key answered.

“What do you mean? It’s cold and cloudy.” Onew gave him a funny look.

Key just chuckled, I elbowed him really hard in the ribs. That’s what I hate about having a body guard that watches you. They see everything, and I mean EVERYTHING!

“Guys! Hey!” We saw Taemin running over to us.

We watched as he stopped in front of us, panting.

“Morning!” He beamed at us.

“Morning.” We all greeted back.

“Where are you guys headed?” Taemin asked smiling like always.

Taemin is also a good friend of mine. We went to different primary schools but we meet in middle school. He just has that personality that attracts you, even if you were having a bad day just seeing his smiling face will turn yours happy as well.

It’s like a spell with no counter attack.

“The quad outside of the science building.” Onew responded.

“Cool, mind of I join you? I have nothing better to do this morning.”

“Sure, come on.” I said to him.

As we were sitting on the benches talking I was too busy looking for her. I feel like a creep coming to school early just to get a first glimpse at her before class.

Guess I was being too obvious because Luna asked me if I was looking for someone.

“Um…no, I’m just watching as the students pass by.” I lied.

“But there isn’t anyone around.” Taemin said confused.

“Morning guys.” We heard a deep voice greet us.

“Minho!” Taemin shouted.

“Hey.” He ruffled the younger boy’s hair.

“Yo, long time no see.” I told him.

“Really long time.” He smiled at me.

“Minho….” Luna scowled.

“Good to see you to Sunyoung.”

“So what are you doing here so early?” Onew asked.

“Yea you never get here this early.” Taemin added.

Minho just smiled, “Because of that.” He pointed in the direction in front of him.

It was the five heiresses. I didn’t pay attention to any of them except for Krystal. She wasn’t wearing anything that stood out too much. It was just a simple jean shorts, tee, and a jacket, donning a simple pink backpack.

But yet, it suited her so well.

‘Oh no, they’re headed this way. What do I do?’ My palms are getting sweaty again. My pulse is beating faster and I have this funny feeling in my chest.

“Isn’t it a sight? God, that Soojung is too damn fine. The things I would do.” Minho said aloud.

“ert….” I heard Luna mutter.

As they passed by us, they all looked in our direction and smiled before facing forward again. Krystal’s head was still turned though; our eyes locked on each other.

I gulped as I saw her tell Jessica something and run towards my direction.

“Oh my god she’s coming over here.” I heard Minho say as he shook me with his hand.

“Hey Amber.” She said as she stopped running and walked.

I pushed Minho’s hand off my shoulder and got up from the table and walked up to her.

“Morning, Krystal.” I smiled at her.

“Too bad we don’t have class together today.” Krystal said as she played with the strap on my backpack.

“Yea, I really enjoy talking to you during lecture.” I confessed. I could feel a blush coming on.

“Well, I came over here to ask…if I could get your number?” She said with her hands behind her back, twirling on her heels a bit.

It was cute, she’s shy about asking for my number. She has a lot of guts though; I don’t think I would be able to do it.

‘Stupid, of course she could casually ask for your number, it’s not like she feels what your feeling.’

What am I feeling?

“Sure, I’ll be glad to give a beautiful girl like you my number.” I smiled as I took her phone from her hands.

As I punched in my number in her phone, I took a quick glance at her. Is she blushing? No, must be the cold.

I handed back her phone, “Done.”

She took her phone back but her hand remained touching mine. I don’t know if my heart stopped or not but I can’t breathe.

She stared into my eyes until she realized that we were just standing motionless.

“Um…sorry.”

“No, that was my bad.” I said scratching the back of my head.

“Thanks, I’ll text you later?” She said as she gave me a shy grin, slowly walking away backwards.

“I’ll be waiting.”

With that she turned around, her hair and backpack flipping as she did so.

“What? You guys are friends? Hook me up!” Minho pleaded.

“No.” I told him flat-out.

“Aw, don’t be like that. We’re buddies aren’t we?”

“What was that all about?” Luna asked with a knowing grin as she saw our interaction.

“Nothing, nothing at all.” I smiled before pushing them to go to class.

 

(A/N: Another update! Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, i do enjoy them oh so much. And as thanks for all my supportive readers i rewarded you with yet another chapter. Hope you like it and if you do, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! RAWR!!!)