Post-It

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 17

This has got to be one of the worst pains I have ever experienced. The back of my mouth and throat burns. My doctor told me to stay away from hot and spicy foods.

So does that mean I get to eat ice cream three meals a day? Wouldn’t that be lovely? Strawberry for breakfast, mint chocolate chip for lunch, and rocky road for dinner and dessert; what a great combination.

My doctor also said that it wouldn’t be rare if I start bleeding from where the incisions were made. Nausea is a symptom too.

My life is just great isn’t it? I just pray to god I don’t vomit blood. I think then I’m going to have a problem.

I don’t want to swallow because I know it’ll hurt but I can’t help it. It’s like when you have a sore throat whenever you swallow food or just air it hurts like a , but my body does it anyways.

I also cut myself off from talking, the unpleasant feelings is enough to drive me up the wall. I don’t want to snap at anybody.

“AMBER!!”

“What? Why did you scream in my ear? I’m right next to you.” I rubbed my ears they kind of hurt too.

“Well, I called your name a thousand times but you didn’t respond.” Luna said pinching my cheeks.

“I’m sowwy! It’s nwot mwy fwault.” I felt a tear threatening to roll down from the corner of my eyes.

“Luna, she’s right. After tonsil surgery, you might have a chance of earache. It’s not severe but bad enough to mess up her hearing.” Onew explained prying the girl’s hands off of my face.

“Fine, you win this time.” She glared at me.

I’m confused, did I really do something that bad?

“I’m sorry? Did I do something to anger you?”

“…..figure it out yourself. “ She said getting up from her seat to go to the bathroom.

I looked over at Taemin; he just shrugged his shoulders and continued eating his breakfast. We all had noon classes so we decided to grab some breakfast before class.

“She’s on her rag….” Onew whispered.

“ooooooh….if she heard you say that, your head would be rolling on the ground.”

Onew freaked out and immediately turned around to make sure Luna was nowhere behind him nor anywhere near hearing distance.

He then sighed in relief and patted his chest trying to calm his panicking heart down.

“Why do you have a bunch of post-its?”  Taemin asked as he started on his stack of pancakes.

“Well, my painkillers are going to wear off soon and Victoria only gives me two doses worth so I need to conserve. And when they were off I don’t want to be talking so I bought post-its.”

“Oh, so like text messages on paper?” Onew said making an “o” shape with his mouth and pounded his fist on his palm as if he just had an epiphany.

Both Taemin and I stared at him before looking at each other; giving that look. You know, that look you give to one another when you know what the other person did is way off or too stupid that isn’t even worth a comment.

The rest of breakfast was uneventful. Well, sort of. It was rather entertaining seeing Onew cower in fear of his own girlfriend.

Good thing my painkillers are still in effect because if not laughing at the moment might actually kill me.

XxxxxX

I bid my friends goodbye and found a nice bench outside my classroom. It was still too early to enter the class.

I looked around not seeing a certain blonde in sight.

“Where did he run off to?” Key never stuck around for long. Makes me question were he actually goes. I know he’s somewhere keeping a close eye because once the day is over he would ask me how so and so went.

Still find it rather creepy; he’s literally like a stalker. But hey, I mean he kinda has to be. I just hope he doesn’t peek in the bathroom….

While sitting outside the classroom I pulled out my iPod and inserted my headset.

I went down my playlist until I found a suitable tune.

Like always bass up, volume on high, and head rockin’.


My own little world void of all outside distractions. Just the way i like it.

I decided to doodle in my sketchbook. Not anything too artistic though just a few cartoons here and there.

I then decided to draw a picture of a stuffed llama plush. Why a llama? I don't know, I've always liked llamas. Don't know The reason or can't remember why. I've been having a lot of de ja vu lately so I wouldn't be surprised if It's just something from my past.

I winced in pain when I coughed; the torture is starting up again.

I it up and continued shading in my sketch.

I was almost done when I Felt someone sit beside me. I didn't need to look over because her strawberry scented shampoo was already enough to give her away.

She then stuck a pink post it on my notebook.

‘It's cute.’

I looked over and chuckled before pulling out my blue post it notes.

‘Really?’

‘Yeah, it looks like you.’ She gave me a soft smile

‘Are you saying that I'm cute?’ I smirked

She blushed

 ‘yea. You're cute.’

I just laughed forgetting about the pain.

‘Well if I'm cute then you're adorable.’

Her shade if pink turned into a dark shade of red now.

Haha this girl, she acts all high and mighty but when it comes down to it she's just a shy little girl.

‘You're so much fun to tease.’

‘Shut it llama breath.’

After a while I noticed that she wasn't the person that I thought she was, all sweet, cute, and innocent.

She's a fire breathing dragon with a snobbish wit, a personality that will freeze you on spot, and surprisingly an evil smirk that captures your heart and locks it inside her dungeon.

Well at least that's how she treats everybody else. Sometimes it pops out when she's talking to me and then when she realizes she tries to cover it up saying it was a joke.

She's hiding her real personality from me. What is so scared of? That'll run away?

No way, I actually find it rather attractive. I like aggressive women. Don’t ask me why.

My preference for guys is just whoever I fall for. But for girls I do actually only fall for certain types.

The most dominate types of girls I like are ones that have cold demeanor on the outside but with the sweetest smile that will send you over the edge, and a fitting personality to fit.

The whole idea with the post-it notes is my way of communicating to her since I won’t talk when the pain surfaces.

I told her of my plan last night and she agreed to it.

I gathered all my things in my backpack and without even having a chance to zip it closed, Krystal grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me inside.

‘Oh, Jung Soojung, you don’t know how you make my heart turn, with one look you are the only one I yearn. Any free space in my mind is occupied by you and for you I’ll gladly be true.’

I recited the little poem I made last night in my head. Corny, I know.

But…

Just let a girl dream.

 

 

 

(A/N: Like promised, here's the next chapter. I actually have a change of plans on where this story is going to don't be surprised if things turn out faster than it was originally planned. Or maybe not. My mind can't make up it's mind sometimes.

Anyways, i got the post it idea from a youtube video which you guys should all check out. Not the whole concept of the video was copied actually none of it. Just the using the post it as a way of communication.

There's actually two version of the video but I'm going to post the REMAKE of it.

The original is calle love language. It's quite a popular video i wouldn't be surprised if most of you already saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmq321zjkvs

Thanks for reading and i'm loving the comments; makes me happy reading them.

like always, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and SMTOWN LA in a little over a month EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!