Don't Know How to Love

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 23

Krystal’s POV:

‘Don’t give up on me’

The same message kept on replaying in my head for the past week now. And for the past week, I’ve been doing the opposite. I want to keep on trying, for her to say that she feels the same way but another part of me is telling me to let go. I’ve been hurting for too long now and my heart needs a break.

To think that all these years apart from Amber would’ve done just that. I feel so cruel; I don’t want to ignore her but I’ve subconsciously been doing just that.

I hate myself for it, I really do. Every time Amber comes up to greet me I would ignore her and brush right past her without any acknowledgement. And every time, from the corner of my eyes I can see the sadness taking over her facial expression.

She would then always let out a heavy breathe and pursue after me. Apologizing for that one night at the park, but I continue to take no notice of her. I felt like crying and my heart aches for causing so much pain for the one I love.

That’s been the past week for me.

And now?

As of this moment I’m in my room, crying into my pillow, hating myself for being such a cold-hearted jerk to her.

 Amber once again approached me but this time bearing gifts. Per usual I walked past her not wanting to hear her pleas. She’s like a broken record saying the same things over and over again. Does she really think that if she doesn’t stop I’m just going to give in so easily?

I’ve already made my decision to let go and move on but she’s making it so hard for me. I’ve already come this far I really can’t give in now.

“Krystal! Please, just listen.”

“….”

“Look I know I’ve said this a million times already but I’m really truly sorry. I’m stupid I know but I won’t give up on you so please don’t give up on me.”

“….”

“I know I’m already too late but I’ll do anything so please, just have a change of heart.

I stopped walking she’s already followed me all the way across the campus. I’m now waiting for my driver to come pick me up.

“What do I have to do, Soojung? I know I’ve hurt you enough already but I promise you that all your hard work won’t be left in vain.’

“….” Please just go…

“Soojung….” She called out dejectedly, her head hung low.

Please, Amber, just stop and let me go as well. You’re not even strong enough to say that you love me. Even after all the apologies and gifts, I don’t need any of those. All you need to do is tell me those words that I’ve been longing to hear and I’ll be in your arms…but you can’t even do just that.

She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I immediately pulled my hand away from hers and pushed her away. She had a shocked expression on her face.

“Amber, just stop! I’ve had enough of this! No matter what you say it won’t work. So, please…just leave me alone.”

“But, Krystal; just give me more time.”

“I can’t Amber; I just can’t.”

“….”

This time she has nothing to say. I can see her eyes glazed over.

“I’m sorry, Amber. I don’t love you anymore.”

When my driver arrived, I turned around leaving her behind. When the door closed I told the driver to immediately drive away.

As we were leaving a looked back, through the window.

She stood in the same spot, shoulders fallen, the flowers and teddy bear dangling by the end of her hands, looking as my car drove away. After a little she finally moved; she walked up to the nearest trash bin.

She took a look at the flowers and bear sadly before tossing them in the bin.

I turned back around, fighting my tears. I then told my driver to turn around and go back to campus. When the car stopped I ran to the trash bin and picked up the teddy bear and flowers.

I had just washed the bear before going to bed and placed the flower in a vase.

‘I’m sorry, Amber.  I hope one day you can forgive me.’

Amber’s POV:

‘I don’t love you anymore.’

That’s obviously a lie. Why are you pushing me away, Soojung? I’m fighting for you aren’t I?

If you think that, that’s going to stop me, you have another thing coming. And what happened today just made my drive even stronger. After contemplating whether or not to go back and pick up the flowers and bear that I trashed, I decided to. Another attempt would never hurt. As I reached the front of the campus I saw Krystal’s car drive away.

Why would she come back? I was thinking as I walked over to the trash bin but to my surprise the items that I had previously discarded was no longer inside. I smiled to me, it clicked in my mind.

She still loves me.

But what to do?

“*sigh*Why do things like this have to be so hard.” I screamed in frustration and started banging my head on the desk of my study.

“Please, young miss, don’t get blood stains on the table. It’s made out of mahogany.” One of my maids said as she brought in my afternoon tea and biscuits.

“Tell me Ms. Oh, what’s the secret to a girl’s heart?” I watched her as she poured me my tea.

She stopped to ponder for a second. “Well, not all girls are the same. Some are simple and don’t ask for much and others are demanding. But they are also similar in many ways.”

“I’m confused, so are they different or the same?”

“Their personalities may be different but the love they feel in their hearts are the same.”

“And the secret? I’ve tried everything to make her forgive me. I feel so lost; she’s been ignoring me and I don’t know what to with myself. I’ve said sorry a million times and giving her presents but it always fail in the end.” I asked feeling like this is getting nowhere.

“Maybe sorry isn’t the word she’s looking for. Instead of showing and telling how sorry you are, maybe you should just tell her how you feel about her. Sometimes it only takes three simple words to fix even the most broken of relationships as long your heart and soul is poured into it.”

“I see, thanks.” I said as I continued to finish some paperwork that I’ve pushed to the side for the past week.

“It was my, pleasure. I will take my leave now. I shall you see you in the morning.” She bowed before closing the door to the study.

I was already busy reading over documents as the door opened once again.

“So did she give you any good advice?”

I looked up to see Vic sitting in the chair in front of me.

“Yeah, now I know why Dad kept her around for so long.”

“Mhmm.” Victoria nodded her head in agreement.

“So did you hear all of it?” I asked curious.

“Yup.” She said taking her iPhone out to play.

“What do you think?”

“I think….” She said but paused as she ruffled through her purse for something.”

She then took out a black box with a red ribbon tied around it and placed it in front of me.

“You just don’t know how to love.” She said smiling before walking out.

I picked up the box examining it.

“You have two weeks to get it right. Make the time you have count.” She popped her head through the threshold. Then closed the door behind her after her last statement.

I then spotted a little tag tucked under the ribbon; I pulled it out and read it aloud.

“Happy Birthday, Mr. Jung. Thank you for all the kindness and generosity you have shown to us. Love, Liu Family.”

I put the present in my drawer and locked it. I grabbed my paperwork and walked out into the balcony and sat on the recliner that’s outside.

I picked up my pen and began finishing up my work; subconsciously a smile had made its way across my face.

‘Mr. Jung’s birthday soiree is in two weeks.’

 

(A/N: HEY! It's been awhile huh? Sorry, i really couldn't seem to get my mind to right the next chapter for this. And i started writing this chapter like a week ago. Why i didn't finish it and update? Well, you see...(Alert: another one of my excuses)

Me: *Typing this chapter*

My Homie: Hey you ship Kryber right?

Me: Yup *continuing writing while eating pocky.*

Homie: Amber's christian, right?

Me: Yup *procratinating, on fmylife.com*

Homie: Is she just normal or is she like super religious?

Me: *Stop laughing at posts* Mmmm, according to people, yea she's super relgious...i guess.

Homie: So...if she's super religious, doesn't that mean she's against homouality?

Me: what are you getting at? *finally got back to writing the chapter.*

Homie: I mean, if Krystal like...confesses or something wouldn't that make her dislike her?

Me: ..... *processing*

Homie: I'm just saying...you don't have to glare at me. I'm not saying it's true...it could be a POSSIBILITY.

Me: *grabs my jacket* Let's go to Tapioca Express...i lost my will to write.

Homie: I'm sorry.

Me: Shut up, your paying.

lol just saying i wasn't all that bothered by it. It just made my ideas fly out of my head at that moment XD

 

 

I'm guessing like 2 -4 chapters left before i end the fic. Thanks for the comments and subscriptions!