Think About All of the ICE CREAM

Don't Give Up On Me

Ch. 16

"Awwww...but vic! I don't wanna go!"
"Too bad. You have to and you will!"
"Butbutbut! It’s scary!"
"I don't care...we all have things we're scared of."
"But...they're gonna rip my throat out...."
"They not gonna rip it out; they're just going to make some minor adjustments."
"No! This has got to be the worst day ever. I didn't get to talk to Krystal and now you’re sending me to my death sentence!”

I screamed aloud as I tried to escape back up to my room.

"Amber! Stop being a baby and let's go! Trust me! You'll enjoy the all you can eat ice cream later!"

Victoria screamed after me as she chased me up the stairs. Every time she would almost catch up to me I would sprint ahead again.

This is one of the times having short hair is a positive. If you ever get in a fight or someone is chasing you they can't grab and pull you by the hair.

"*huff, huff* really amber? Really?!"
She yelled stopping in her tracks as I tipped over the basket of folded clothes.

I was happily running down the stairs, relieved that I know have a huge gap between her and myself.

I was so close on making my escape until I felt someone pick me up from behind and threw me over their shoulders.

“KEY!”

“…..” he ignored me and continued walking towards the front door.

“You’re supposed to protect me not send me to my doom! What kind of bodyguard are you.”

“First of all, I’m not sending you to your doom. You’re just going to have your tonsils removed. Second, I’m doing it for your own good.”

“Thank you, Key. Now we can finally make it to our appointment.” Victoria said grabbing her purse and the car keys from the rack.

“Yea, thanks a lot Key.” I sarcastically sneered at him once he closed the door to the passenger seat.

In the waiting room:

“Stop looking like you’re being put on death row.”

“I hate the doctors. I hate hospitals…” I said looking down; me eyes fixed onto the white tiles of the floor.

“It’ll be over before you know it.”

“I’m not scared about the operation.”

I felt tears roll down my cheeks and watched as they dripped from my chin and stained the floors bit by bit.

Victoria scooted over next to me and pulled me into a comforting hug. When I needed her the most she was always there and now is no different.

I hate hospitals because they are only filled with bad memories and sadness for me. I don’t blame anybody for it happening but, it did. And there was nothing nobody could’ve done to prevent it. To rewind time, so that maybe things would be different.

If only, time could’ve saved my father from his unjustifiably early death.

I am sitting in the very seat that I waited for my father to come out of the operation room. Though in the end, the only thing that came out of that room…was lost hope.

No, I can’t have this state of mind. How I wish I could void myself of all emotions but then that wouldn’t be living now would it?

Be strong, Amber. There’s no point in crying, it’s all in the past. There’s a saying that my friends would always tell me when I was back in the states.

“Every second you spend being angry or sad is every second of happiness you’ll never get back.”

So, right now, what makes me happy?

My friends, Victoria, my uncle, and of course the person who makes my heart melt with every smile.

The person whom I would go to war for just to see her stunning face day in and day out. The only one to  ever make me fall so hard in such a short amount of time.

Krystal Jung, you really are something.

I wonder if she would answer back if I texted her now.

 

Krystal’s POV:

*ACHOOOO!!!*

“Wow, that was a pretty loud sneeze. Bet someone must be thinking about you.” My mom laughed as she handed me a tissue.

“Yea, and I bet I know who it is too!” Jessica butted in. I just glared at her to shut up.

‘I wonder what Amber is up to.’

I should text her apologizing for early and maybe we can hang out later.

 

Amber’s POV:

*ACHOO! ACHOOOO!*

“Double sneeze, you know what that means.” Victoria laughed as rubbed my nose.

“What?” I asked her confused.

“Really? You know when you sneeze it means that someone is talking or thinking about you.”

“Oh, well….”

*BUZZ, BUZZ*

“See, what did I tell you?” Victoria smiled and tossed up a victory sign.

“Coincidence.”

“HI! Sorry I didn’t reply to your message! I was busy. Hope you’re not too mad.” -Krystal

“Don’t worry about it, I totally forgot about it. :P” - Amber

“ TT__TT sorry that I’m such an easy person to forget about. “

“I was just kidding. Don’t be sad! I’m here! \(^_^)”

“Hello?”

“ t(-_-)t”

“Victoria? What emoticon is this?”

I handed her the phone so she could take a look.

“I think that’s her flippin’ you off.”

“Ooooh….that’s new.”

“I’m really sorry! Please don’t be mad!”

No reply….

“ TT__________________TT ”

“I’ll take you out to dinner to make up for it!”

“Sold!!”

“What?”

“I was just playing but since you offered I will gladly accept.”

“It’s not nice to play with other people’s feelings like that.”

“I never said I was nice :P”

“….”

“So what are you doing?”

“Getting my tonsils removed.”

“.”

“Yea…kill me now.”

“How about I bring you ice cream instead?”

“I’d like that.”

“How about tonight?”

“mmmm….sorry. I have a dinner meeting.”

“Tomorrow after school?”

“Sure! But I probably won’t be able to talk tomorrow.”

“That’s okay, you talk too much anyways.”

“ :( “                                                 

“I think it’s cute.”

“ :) ”

“Amber Josephine Liu?” A man in a gown called as he read the name on the clipboard.

“Right here.”

“Are you ready?” He asked me.

“Yea, just give me a minute to sign my will.”

“….okay…”

“Victoria, if I don’t come out of that room alive. I want 50% of my belongings to go to you, 35% to uncle, and 15% to Totoro.”

“What about your friends?” She asked sarcastically and rolled her eyes not really expecting an answer.

“Give them the company.”

“I got to go get cut open on the operation table now.”

“Okay! Have fun! Don’t bleed too much. I don’t think blood will be drawn…will it? OMG Don’t die!”

I chuckled to myself before following the doctor into the room.

I’ll live if I just think about Krystal feeding me ice cream.

 

 

(A/N: I don't have an excuse for not updating in almost 2 weeks...okay i do. I was catching up on anime, playing video games, listeing to S.H.E, sleeping, and indulging in the deliciousness that is crawfish :D~~~~~ Is that a valid excuse? I have a life outside of AFF OKAY?! LOL XD

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and IT'S SPRING BREAK ES!!)