[3/7]

Sanatorium

I woke up too early today. It was 6 in the morning when usually we had to wake up at 7 in the morning. I sighed and lazily stood up from my bed. Once I opened my eyes, I would never be able to close it again for a peaceful sleep. I glanced at the bed beside mine. Oh Sehun still sleeping like a log. This obsessive man looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, contrary to his behavior when he was awake.

I didn't really know what to do. It was still so early to bath, so I decided to walk around this sanatorium before bath. I would come back to my room at 7. Sounded good. I didn't have any better idea than that.

This building was almost empty at this hour. I only saw few nurses walking around, they nodded at me and I nodded back at them. Ah, I remembered I had an examination schedule at 10 today. I was so bored with this routine and this environment. I really wanted to get out as soon as possible.

But, suddenly I heard some weird noises, coming from the park behind the main building, I guess? Those weird noises made me turned my heels to the source of the noises. The Doppler Effect worked perfectly. The closer I got to the source of the noises, the louder my ears heard those noises. And, finally I found that source. Here at the park behind the main building, I found a very tall man kicking a midget. Oh, that was just Kris Wu kicking Do Kyungsoo mercilessly.

WHAT?

Realization slapped me so hard and I ran to stop the violence. "Hey! What are you doing? You're trying to kill him or what?" Stupidly I shouted in between the giant and the midget.

But fortunately, Kris stopped his motion and turned to glare at me. Damn, those Angry Bird eyebrows did intimidate me.

"Who are you?" His deep voice came out from his thin lips.

"I'm Kim Jongin. Sorry for interrupting, but I think it's so wrong for you to kick someone like that."

It seemed like Kris sharpened his eyes toward me. Ok, I shivered a bit because of those scary eyes.

"He." Kris pointed at Kyungsoo. "Stole my fiancée," he added at the end.

I turned my head to see Kyungsoo. That tiny guy just standing there quietly. His head hanging so low, hands trembling nonstop. Oh, there was something in his hand, and I thought I knew the reason why Kris turned into a beast just now.

I sighed slowly then stepped closer to Kyungsoo. Carefully I took that something from Kyungsoo's hand and faced Kris again.

"Is it your fiancée?" I asked Kris confidently while showing a photo frame in my hand.

Kris took large steps toward me and tried to snatch the photo frame from my hand but I moved away quickly.

"Don't you dare to steal my fiancée!" Kris shouted loudly, but I just smirked as response.

"I'll give it back to you, but for now, let's hear Kyungsoo's explanation. I'm sure you wanna know why your fiancée ended up in his hands, right?"

I could see how Kris clenched his fists so tightly, but I knew he wouldn't do anything. At least, not for now.

"Ok." Kris finally made a decision. He glared at Kyungsoo fiercely. "Now tell me. Why were you with my fiancée?"

I turned to Kyungsoo again. That poor guy still trembling weakly. I felt bad for him, so I took a step closer to him and squeezed his shoulder lightly. I wanted him to know that he wasn't alone. I was here for him.

He stared at me, a glint of surprise presented in his owl-like eyes. I was a bit dumbfounded by his beautiful wide eyes, but I quickly avoided that feeling and nodded my head to convince him.

He then turned his head back to face Kris. Fear obviously still there in his eyes.

"So-sorry..." For the first time I heard his voice (so, he was not mute). His voice was deep, soft, and velvety. Hot but soft, just like a red velvet cake that just came out from the oven. Uh, what did I just say?

"I-I didn't mean to take your fiancée. It's just... I-I found the photo frame on the ground and I wanted to give it back to you."

Kyungsoo explained softly and slowly. It was like a whisper for me. I wasn't sure whether Kris caught that explanation or not. But, a minute later, I saw Kris sighed loudly. He did catch Kyungsoo's explanation.

Then, I left Kyungsoo's side and stepped closer to Kris. I handed the photo frame to the owner, and the owner gladly accepted it.

"So, it was just a misunderstanding, wasn't it?" I carefully asked the blonde man.

Kris slowly stared at me, and then moved his gaze to Kyungsoo. That fierce guy sighed again. "Yes," he admitted quietly. "Sorry for kicking you so hard, and thanks for saving my fiancée from the ground."

The giant then left me and Kyungsoo in the park. Just saying sorry without helping the victim to treat the wounds. What did you expect from a mad man?

I turned to Kyungsoo and that guy still fidgeting uncomfortably. I stepped closer to him then tapped his shoulder. He was shocked by my sudden action. "Sorry," I said to him weakly. "We better treat your wounds soon. I'm sure the kicks would leave some bruises."

Kyungsoo shyly looked back at me. Why did this tiny boy so timid? I chuckled in my mind. Yes, only in my mind.

"I can treat my wounds by myself," he said timidly. He was about to walked away when suddenly he stopped and hesitantly faced me again. "Thank you for helping me." He bowed then continued his steps.

Wait, this is an asylum, but Do Kyungsoo just now acted like a sane person. Was he a sane person just like me? Or... was that just an acting?

I stared at him until he was out of my sight. I didn't know why, but I wanted to smile so badly.


Right at 10 in the morning, I was in the young doctor's room, waiting for the doctor to give me any question.

"Did you sleep well last night?" The doctor started with something so trivial, just like before.

"I did," I simply answered.

"I often saw you with your roommate. Are you two close friends now?"

I lifted my right eyebrow at the question. "Do you think it is worth to be friends with crazy people?"

The doctor laughed. What so funny though?

"There's something wrong with Sehun, but he's sane enough here." I only shrugged at that explanation, and the doctor continued, "Then, how about Do Kyungsoo?"

I didn't know why, but that question got my heart beat harder. Or, was it just my imagination?

"Why did you bring Do Kyungsoo in our conversation? I have nothing to do with him."

The doctor smiled calmly. Why did this doctor always so calm?

"I saw you two this morning."

My eyes widened in surprise. "What?" I asked dumbly.

"Yeah, when you saved him from Kris, I saw you two together."

"So, you saw Kris kicking him mercilessly but you didn't help him? The doctor here is crazier than the patients."

I thought my words would offend the doctor, but to my dismay, he just smiled calmly like before.

"I did want to help him, but then a hero came to save his . This commoner wasn't needed anymore, right?"

I was too lazy to respond. This doctor just wanted to play with me.

"You know, Jongin?" He initiated conversation again. "You and Do Kyungsoo have similar problem. Both of you don't have any mental disorder and don't need to stay here."

"What? Are you kidding me? So, you do know that I'm definitely sane but you purposely trap me here?"

Once again, the doctor smiled. I was so tired of his smile.

The weird doctor suddenly gestured me to lean closer to him, and I did as he wanted. He then whispered softly in my ear, "I think, your brother is the one who has a problem. Don't you think so, Jongin?"

I leaned back and frowned. "Lu Han Hyung? He has a problem? But, what?"

"He's not my patient, so it's not my job to figure out his problem." That young doctor smirked. "But, believe me. It's better for you to stay away from him in the meantime. I will let you go once your brother's done with his problem."

Seriously, I didn't understand anything here. This doctor seemed to understand the matter so well. He knew about my brother, but he kept all that 'secret' and didn't tell me about it even just a bit. In the end, I only sighed and didn't want to know more about that secret.

I wanted to get out of this room very soon, but suddenly I remembered about something. So, I asked again, "Then, how about Do Kyungsoo? You said that we're similar, right? So, what's his problem?"

Again, the doctor showed his angelic smile before answered, "He doesn't have any problem with himself, Jongin. Trust me. He might be a loner, introvert, and all. But that's not the issue. He's normal. Totally sane."

I didn't respond. The doctor said that Kyungsoo didn't have any problem with himself, just like me. So, why did that guy stay here for two months?

"Jongin." The doctor called me so I focused on him again. "If you really wanted to know about Kyungsoo, go ask him yourself. I have a good feeling about you two."

What the hell. This doctor really wanted to play mystery game with me. But sorry, I wasn't interested. In the end, I excused myself from the room. I was tired of your bull, Doctor Kim Junmyeon.


It had been seven days. Oh, God! It had been a week! I was in this sanatorium for a week now, and the doctor stopped the examination. The last time I saw him was when we were talking bull about Do Kyungsoo.

I didn't care. I knew that I wouldn't get out of this place anytime soon. I better followed the doctor's advice and waited for my freedom day patiently.

But, seriously, I didn't wait for Lu Han Hyung to come visit me. I thought he already forgot about me. I didn’t expect to see him in this sanatorium again, but he did come today.

"You okay, Jongin?" He asked innocently.

We sat on a bench at the sanatorium’s park. This place was quiet enough. I loved this place because it was so peaceful, but the fact that now I was with a traitor, I couldn't find any peace I was craving for.

"Of course. This is my best condition ever."

We sat side by side, but not once we faced each other. It was better like this, to be honest.

"Do you hate me now?" He asked again, and I felt the urge to punch him right on the face.

But of course, I didn't punch him. I didn't want to make any commotion with him. It might be his another trap for me. If I did punch him, it would be a good reason for him to send me to the jail. Jail surely was a worse place than this sanatorium.

I also didn't give him any answer, so silence took over the atmosphere around us. I wanted to leave him alone, but then I remembered about something and I asked, "Are you after my legacy, Hyung?"

That question startled my brother. I could feel his gaze on me. "Why do you think about that?" He asked.

I smirked a little before I answered him, "You sent me to this asylum just eight months before my 25th birthday, and we both know that I'll officially take that legacy once I turn 25. You wanna steal the legacy from me, right?"

I glanced at the man beside me. Ah, he acted as if he was surprised, but I wouldn't ever believe that expression. A week in this sanatorium, I sorted out my mind carefully. I thought Hyung had planned all of these dramas. From the beginning, he was the director of this drama. He trapped me, and then he sent me to this asylum. My family was wealthy enough, and I was pretty sure he was after my legacy. I didn't find any other reason for his crime.

To be honest, that thought of his evil plan did hurt me. He was with me for 13 years, but were all the good things he did for me in the past just acting? He didn't truly care about me? He did all of that just to deceive me? Those thoughts surely hurt me.

"I'll take my leave, Jongin. Please take care of yourself."

My brother didn't answer my question in the end. Gave up already, huh?

"Hyung." My voice stopped his step even if he didn't turn his head to me. "Your parents were so nice to me. They took a good care of me like my own parents. You were also nice to me, being a great hyung you were. But, why did you change all of a sudden? If you are really after my legacy, we can discuss it, Hyung."

From behind, I could see my hyung clenched his fists tightly. I knew he was angry, but I didn't care. I just said the truth.

But, hyung didn't say anything again and just left me without any word.

I sighed, then I decided to go back to my room. Suddenly I felt pain in my head. But, wait. I sensed something suspicious here. I glanced at a tree not far from the bench, and I was sure there was something—or someone—behind that tree.

I quietly walked closer to the tree, and I found Oh Sehun behind that tree. "What are you doing?" I asked directly to him.

And Sehun just smiled bashfully. What? Why did he smile like a school girl like that?

"Who was that?" He stupidly asked me back without answering my question. "A cutie came to see you. Who was that?"

Ah, so this kid talked about Lu Han Hyung. Wait, what? Sehun was interested in Lu Han Hyung? So, Sehun was...

"Gay? Homoual? I don't really mind those labels. To be very honest, I don't mind any gender. If I like them, then I like them."

Wow, Oh Sehun really said that. I was so surprised, and I didn't know how to respond. This kid was one of a kind. But, one thing I was sure about him was: Oh Sehun was not a e, my previous assumption about him was wrong.

"So..." Sehun started again. "Who was he? At least, tell me his name."

I shook my head while massaging my temple. My headache got worse because of this crazy kid. "Will you stop bothering me if I tell you his name?" I asked, and Sehun nodded enthusiastically. "Name's Lu Han. Enough?"

"No! Please give me more information!"

What an ungrateful bastard! I ignored him and continued my step. My head was so painful, I couldn't bear it anymore.

But, I stopped walking when I see a tiny figure sitting on the green grass, twenty feet away from me. Ah, I suddenly got a brilliant idea! I turned back to Sehun, almost bumping into him in the process.

"What the—"

"I'll tell you more about Lu Han if you tell me more about Do Kyungsoo."

And yeah, our deal was sealed then.

To be continued...