[2/7]

Sanatorium

A nurse guided me to the ward, then she left me in a room for two people. A small room with two single beds and two small closets. There was nothing special about the room.

I sighed while looking at a patient clothing that was left by the nurse on my bed. In one night, I turned from a sane man to an insane man. All thanks to my beloved Lu Han Hyung.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door being opened. I turned my head to the door and found a young man, maybe around my age, walking leisurely toward my direction. He then stopped when he was two feet away from me. At that time, I realized that he was few centimeters taller than me. Too bad, I thought I was the tallest person in this crazy kingdom.

"Who are you?" He asked me in a flat tone.

Ah, I just remembered that I was in an asylum, and this person in front of me, with his patient clothing, absolutely was one of the crazy people here.

"The nurse told me that I could use this room to sleep," I tried to replied calmly. I was sane enough not to create any commotion with a crazy person.

The mad person inspected me from head to toe, then his eyes fixed on my eyes once again. "Then, you're my new roommate," he said calmly. Unexpectedly he stretched his right hand out and added, "Name's Oh Sehun."

I dumbly stared at his hand and back to his eyes. This crazy man wanted to shake hand with me?

Didn't want to make an insane young man wait any longer, I hesitantly grabbed his hand for a brief moment before I let it go quickly. "Kim Jongin," I said.

The crazy man... I mean, Oh Sehun, nodded his head slowly. "So, you're crazy, huh?" He asked bluntly.

I frowned. A crazy man just called me crazy? Oh yeah, it was a crazy kingdom.

"I'm not," I said firmly. "I believe that I'm the sanest person in this place."

To my dismay, Oh Sehun laughed so hard. His flat face gone without any trace. "You're funny, Man," he tapped my shoulder friendly. "Just change your clothes to the patient clothing, then I'll take you around. I have a feeling that you'll stay here longer than you think."

I wanted to protest, but his long hand pushed me harshly toward my patient clothing so I didn't have any other choice.


The patient clothing had stupid look. It was white with vertical blue strips. Just a typical patient clothing, but I was thankful that this stupid clothes fitted my body perfectly.

"Have you stayed at this place for so long?" I asked when I and Sehun walked together in the building’s corridor.

"No. Last month my mother sent me here. It's not so long."

"Why did your mother sent you here? You seem... normal to me."

Sehun chuckled before he answered, "I am normal, of course. But my mother believes that I need a treatment for something in my mind that I can't control."

"And, that something is?"

"Obsession."

I stopped and looked at Sehun confusedly. He also stopped and looked back at me.

"Obsession?" I asked for confirmation.

Sehun nodded and sighed. "I have this crazy issue called Obsession Love Disorder. There were times when I felt an overwhelming attraction to one person, had obsessive thought about the person, felt the need to protect the person, also had possessive thoughts and did possessive actions to that person."

"Did that obsession ever harm yourself?"

"It did. The last crazy thing I did before my mother sent me to this place was kidnapping a high school student because I was obsessed with them."

I stared at him in disbelief. That obsession was sure dangerous. But, was this Oh Sehun also a e? How could he fall for a high school student? I was pretty sure this guy was around my age.

"The police managed to catch me back then, but my mother told them that I have a mental disorder. They asked us to prove my mother's defense, so my mother sent me here for further examination. After the examination finished and they got the proof that I was abnormal, they left me here."

I shook my head. There were many kind of mental disorders here. We then continued our steps and finally we were in a big room full of screams, tears, and laughter. I started to feel afraid of this place.

"This is the playroom in this sanatorium," Sehun explained as if he was the good tour guide here. Yeah okay, he was indeed good. "We usually gathered in this place to play with the nurses or doctors. The doctors said that playing was a good treatment for us."

If I didn't see some adults crying, laughing, and screaming in this place, I definitely would mistook this place for kindergarten. There were so many toys; kids' toys, I mean. I didn't know what those kids' toys could do to help the healing process. But, I had to admit that this room was so comfortable. This room was clean and colorful.

I looked around the room and indeed, this was a sanatorium for mentally ill. Other patients (I was sure there were more than 10 patients in this room) were crazier than me and Sehun.

"Do you know about all patients here?"

Sehun nodded beside me. "That man with blonde hair." He pointed at a very tall man (taller than me and Sehun) sitting quietly in the corner of the room. "His name is Kris Wu. He's been here for a year because his fiancée passed away in a robbery. You better stay away from him since he's quite dangerous, especially if you touch the photo frame of his late fiancée."

I nodded quietly. I also didn't want to get close to anyone here.

"And that one is Park Chanyeol." Sehun continued to point at a very tall man (again), jumping happily with a Barbie doll in his embrace. "He lost his entire family in a bus accident, all in one day. He was in that bus as well, but miraculously he was the only one who can stay alive until now. He's quite annoying because he continuously mistook us for his family. Don't be surprised if he suddenly call you Noona."

I felt pity for the people here. They must be so shocked for losing precious people in their life. I was so thankful because I was strong enough when the people I loved left me alone one by one.

Sehun continued his explanation. He told me about how Kim Jongdae couldn't accept the reality of losing his voice permanently because of an illness. He was a musical actor, anyway.

Sehun also explained about other patients, but I didn't really listen to him. "So, that's all." He finished.

I nodded. My head turning around the room to examine the condition when I found an unknown patient. I was so sure Sehun hadn't explained anything about that loner who was crouching in the corner. What the hell he was doing?

"Hey, you hadn't explained anything about that guy." I pointed at the unknown guy.

Sehun squinted his eyes at the said guy. "Oh, that owl," he said. "I know nothing about him. Case closed."

I turned to Sehun with confused expression. "What do you mean you know nothing about him? You said you know about all patients here, didn't you?"

"I said, almost. Almost."

"I didn't hear your Almost, though."

"Of course you didn't. I said it in my mind."

I shouldn't have believed asylum patient 100%.

I left the matter with Oh Sehun and turned back to the unknown guy in the corner. But it surprised me when I saw no one on the spot. The guy had gone, but it didn't matter for me. I didn't need to know that guy since I would get out of this place soon. Very soon.


But, three days of course couldn't be included in the 'soon' term. It had been three days but I was still in this sanatorium. The doctor did the examination. But for me, it was just like school examination when we needed to answer some questions. I didn't know how the doctor would make conclusion from my answers.

But, unfortunately, I thought the doctor still needed more information because he asked me to meet him again tomorrow. For sure, I would stay here longer than I expected.

I came back to the playroom. Like usual, the room was so noisy. Jongdae screamed without any voice came out (it was weird, I know). Kris giggling like a school girl while looking at a photo frame in his hand (oh yeah, Sehun said that the tall man rarely giggled, so it was a new sight for me). And Chanyeol, oh, what was this giant doing with me?

"Honey~" His deep voice sounded so close. Of course, he was standing right beside me.

But, what was the 'honey' thingy just now? He did call me Noona yesterday, and he also called me 'dad' this morning. But, why 'honey' now?

"Honey, I missed you so much~" He said again. This time he hugged me so tightly. What the hell.

"Mister Park, please let me go." I tried to be polite with him since he was 2 years older than me (credit to Oh Sehun). And yeah, Sehun and I were indeed same age.

But, the giant man didn't even budge. I sighed tiredly. It gonna be a long day.

"Honey, we just got married last month, but how come I never see you around? I missed you. I really love you, you know?"

That statement startled me. So, this Park Chanyeol not only lost his family, but also his wife in that accident? Sehun surely forgot to tell me about that.

I sighed then responded, "You sure had a hard life. Be strong, okay? Stay strong." While patting his hand in my torso.

I didn't hear anything from Chanyeol again, so I turned my head to see the man. But, I rolled my eyes instantly when I saw that dumb man sleeping comfortably while embracing me. Stupid unlucky man.

I tried to drag this man to the couch inside this room, then I proceed to throw this man to that couch. That tall man still didn't budge and still sleeping peacefully.

I stretched my hands while looking at my surrounding. It was a cloudy afternoon and some patients had their beauty nap in the room (despite the noisy atmosphere, they still sleeping like babies).

My sight suddenly be stolen by a petite man that was busy with his drawings on the table. Oh, that was the unknown man. I quietly walked toward that man. I tried not to disturb him and made him runaway. He was a loner, so I thought it was better not to surprise him. On the last three day, I didn't have chance to be near him. Not that I mind, of course.

I was right behind him and tried to steal glance at the drawing in front of him. Did he just draw himself on the paper? Seriously? I thought this guy had serious narcissistic issue. I had my own reason to say that. He drew himself not only on one paper, but he did that on all papers on the table in front of him. That was an issue for sure.

I shook my head then quietly sat beside him. I looked at him to see his reaction, but he was too busy coloring his drawing with crayon. Was he 5 or something? I knew he was short and kinda cute, but I thought it was impossible if he was just 5. At least he was 20, in my opinion.

"Hi," I tried to greet him carefully.

He stopped his motion and turned his head to face me. Wow, he had a pair of wide eyes. Now I understood why Sehun called this guy owl.

But sadly, he didn't respond to my greeting. He ignored me and went back to his work. I sighed and leaned closer to him, once again looking at his drawing, but this time I could see it closer. It was indeed the drawing of himself. I had to admit that he was a good artist.

"Are you a painter or something?" I asked carefully.

Once again he turned to me, but once again he didn't respond. What the hell was wrong with this tiny guy? Was he mute or something?

Instead of giving me any answer, that guy starting to collect his belongings and left me alone. I stared at his moving figure dumbly. Seriously, what was that? How could a tiny peasant ignore this great Kim Jongin?

"Hi, Jongin."

That greeting startled me for a bit. I turned to my left and there I found Oh Sehun sitting like a statue. Since when did he sit beside me?

"What?" I asked lazily.

"That guy." He pointed at the tiny man who just left me with unanswered question. "Who is he?" He added after that.

"You must be kidding. I asked you on my first day here but you said you didn't know him. But, just now you asked me—"

"Now I know who he is."

I frowned. I thought, the longer I stayed in this place, the crazier I would be.

"Do Kyungsoo. His name is Do Kyungsoo. He's been here since two months ago. He's quiet and doesn't have any friend here. He's the loner, the loser."

This Oh Sehun for sure was detective or something. Two days ago he said he didn't know anything, but now he knew everything.

"Where did that information come from?" I asked him curiously.

"Easy. I stole the patient's file in the doctor room and sorted out the information that you need."

I shook my head. This guy was indeed crazy.

"So, now you know why does he here in this asylum, right?"

Sehun nodded. "Yes. Of course I do know."

I smirked. "Wanna tell me something? I promise I gonna keep it as a secret."

I knew that stealing information about other's mental health condition was illegal, but I couldn't help my curiosity. I had known about other patients' condition, and I wanted to know that Do Kyungsoo's condition as well.

Sehun frowned his eyebrows. I thought he was thinking about whether or not he let me know about that information. Ah, this ty boy.

After at least three minutes passed, this dumb pale boy shook his head. "I can't let you know. The information is illegal, y'know?"

Now the thief said that something he had stolen was illegal. Interesting, but I was too tired to play dumb with this real dumb guy.

"Ok, you don't need to let me know. Keep it as your own secret. I'll find out about it myself."

I stood up and ready to go when Sehun's voice stopped my motion. "Are you sure you wanna know, Jongin?" He teased me annoyingly. "Too bad, I didn't only steal Kyungsoo's information, but I also stole yours. I know your 'issue', Jongin."

I clenched my fists tightly. What the hell did this stupid guy say? Now he knew about me being a homoual? But, too bad, that wasn't my real issue. I wasn't gay, but I didn't need to clarify. In the end, I just smirked and walked away.

To be continued...