[5/7]

Sanatorium

Kyungsoo seemed to aware my gaze on him, so he spoke again, "My brother came as my parents' representative. He said that I better stay at the sanatorium forever and never come back to our house. Having a crazy person as a part of their family is such a shame for them."

Kyungsoo's explanation broke my heart. I could feel my heart shattered into pieces. It was so painful to finally understand Kyungsoo's condition.

"But I'm not crazy, I'm definitely sane and normal. I graduated from college as a best student, then I became a painter and got praised by famous artists for my skill, I even organized an exhibition and it was a success. I'm not crazy. I'm just... different."

I still didn't know what to say.

"But I think calling me crazy is just an excuse. From the very beginning, they didn't want me to be a part of their family. Just because I wasn't good at math, physic, or chemistry like my brother, they didn't want to give me their love. I was only good at art so I chose an art major at college. Do you think that was my fault?"

"No! Absolutely a no!"

Without realizing, I shouted loudly, but then I apologized to Kyungsoo for shouting carelessly. All Kyungsoo did was just smiled so softly. Wow, Do Kyungsoo was capable in smiling so softly?

"I was also introvert. I didn't have any friend, and at family meetings, I just kept silent and stayed away from other family members. But, that was me. They thought I was weird with my personality. Too bad, I couldn’t pretend to be someone else just to please them."

Kyungsoo started to cry. Tears started to fall on his chubby cheeks. It was a painful sight to see. I really wanted to hug him, but I didn't want to scare him just like the last time when I asked him to draw me. So, for now, all I could do was patting his arm lightly to remind him that I was here with him. He was not alone, would never alone because I would always stay by his side.

But, a sudden move startled me. I was so surprised when Kyungsoo all of a sudden landed his head on my shoulder. "Please lend me your shoulder." That was all he said, and I would never say no to his request.

The wind getting stronger, and I felt so cold. I thought Kyungsoo was feeling the same because he started to snuggle closer to my body. I took it as a green light to hug him, so I did. I hugged him warmly. I knew my clothes was soaked, but my body heat would give him warmness.

Do Kyungsoo was so tiny, but his body fitted perfectly in my embrace. It felt like we were two pieces of puzzle that destined to be placed beside each other.

"You are not alone, Hyung. You will never be alone."

Kyungsoo didn't respond, but I could feel his body snuggled closer to me. I took it as a 'yes'.

"So, Jongin..." It was the first time he called my name, and I thought this moment was beautiful. "Tell me your story. Why did you end up in the sanatorium? I think you're sane enough."

I chuckled softly because of his question. "It's a long story, Hyung. My cousin trapped me, he accused me as a homoual, then he sent me to the sanatorium."

Kyungsoo suddenly moved away from my body and he stared at me in disbelief. "You're a homoual?" He asked.

To be very honest, I was disappointed to see his reaction. "Are you a homophobic of something, Hyung?"

As if he knew that he just disappoint me, Kyungsoo shook his head violently. "No. I'm okay with... any ual orientation."

I finally smiled again. At least he wouldn't hate me for my orientation.

Wait, what? What orientation? I was a straight guy two weeks ago, but tonight I felt something was not right. Did I change my orientation in just two weeks? Why did I doubt myself?

But my internal conflict was interrupted by Kyungsoo's body heat once again. Once again, he snuggled to my body. He was telling the truth when he said he was okay with any ual orientation, I guess.

The rain still pouring from the sky. Thunder also struck once in a while. The storm still going on.

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo called me once again, and I hummed as a response. "You're not gonna ask me about my disorder?"

"Doctor Kim Junmyeon told me that you're normal without any kind of disorder."

"No, I mean, the one that my family reported to the sanatorium."

Now I looked down at Kyungsoo in my embrace. Yeah, right. I and Kyungsoo were victims of fake reports from our families.

"I..." Kyungsoo started again hesitantly. "They said I'm... Aual."

My whole body stiffened because of his explanation.

"What? But why? Is... Is it true that you're aual?" I couldn't help but asking that question, hoping it wouldn't offend him.

But Kyungsoo only sighed before answering, "I don't know," he said quietly. "I've never experienced any kind of love. I don't even know what love is. My family didn't give me love since I was little."

Once again his statement got my chest tightened. Doctor Kim Junmyeon was wrong, I wasn't same as Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had a complete family when I only had Lu Han Hyung (Oh, I wasn't sure to call him a family after everything he had done to me), but Kyungsoo got no love from them, never got any love from them. I was lucky enough; my mother loved me so much until she wasn't afraid to sacrifice her life for me, my father also loved me the same, and my auntie and my uncle also loved me like I was their own child when they were still alive. I was very lucky even if I was all alone now. At least, I experienced love.

Do Kyungsoo was confused of his ual orientation because he didn't know what love is. He was just an unlucky cute boy, and I felt so bad for him. I tightened my embrace to let him know that I would always there by his side. I still didn't know what I felt for him, but I knew that I wanted to be with him forever.

I didn't hear Kyungsoo's voice anymore after his sad explanation. I glanced down at him and found that he fell asleep in my embrace. I smiled a little and kept hugging him, hoping that my hug would chase away this cold weather.


I woke up when I no longer heard any rain sound or thunder. Oh, it was morning already. My body felt so numb because of my sleeping position the whole night. Ah, it was not only my sleeping position, but also Kyungsoo's sleeping position. I looked down at Kyungsoo in my embrace. He was sleeping like a baby, looked so pure and cute at the same time. I chuckled because of that sight.

But then I realized something was not right. I tried to move my hand and landed it on Kyungsoo's forehead, and yeah, Kyungsoo got a fever. His forehead was damn hot.

"Hyung, Kyungsoo Hyung... Please wake up."

I tried to shake his body softly, but he didn't budge. Oh, God, he fainted because of fever. Hurriedly I lifted my body and positioned myself to carry Kyungsoo's tiny body. He was so light like feather so I didn't find any difficulty when I carried him bridal style. Uh, bridal style. My face felt so warm all of a sudden. But, I ignored that sensation and started to walk back to the sanatorium. I knew that it was impossible to climb up the gate with Kyungsoo in my arms, but please God, gave us a miracle.

And God granted my wish when I saw a doctor and a nurse standing in front of the already opened back gate. That was Doctor Kim Junmyeon. The doctor and the nurse rushed toward me when they spotted us.

"What happened to Do Kyungsoo?" Doctor Kim Junmyeon asked worriedly.

I kept on walking while answering his question. "He got a fever. He fainted, but I think he's okay."

The doctor and the nurse guided me to go back to the sanatorium. It was good that I had great stamina. Or else, we both got fever and couldn't go back to the sanatorium by ourselves. That was bad scenario.

We arrived at Kyungsoo's room. As expected, there was Park Chanyeol in that room since the room was also his.

"W-what happened to Kyungsoo Noona?"

Kyungsoo Noona, he said? I chuckled a bit, but I chose to ignore his question. I laid Kyungsoo down on his bed.

"I'll check his condition," said Doctor Kim Junmyeon.

I nodded and stepped aside.

Five or six minutes later, Doctor Kim Junmyeon finished the examination and turned to face me again. "He's okay. We'll give him some medicines after this," he explain, and I only nodded. "But, what about you? You stupidly running in the rain last night. Did you also get fever?" He asked again.

I shook my head. "No," I answered. "I'm fine, so please focus on Kyungsoo's treatment instead of worrying about me."

Doctor Kim Junmyeon chuckled at my sarcasm, but he nodded in the end. He then asked me to go back to my room so I could change my clothes and get some rest. I didn't object and walked away from Kyungsoo's bed, not before I turned my head to the fragile boy once again to make sure that he would be okay.


It was my twentieth day in this sanatorium, and I started to enjoy my days in here. Not that I turned into a crazy person, but I just enjoyed the moment when I didn't need to worry about anything. I didn't need to worry about my future, my life, and everything. In this place, they treated me as a child, and I was a bit content because of that. So childish, but I didn't care. As long as I could enjoy it, I didn't care if other people called me childish.

There was a new patient in this sanatorium today. His name was Kim Minseok. Sehun once again stole the patient's file to get further information about that new patient.

From Sehun, I knew that Minseok was depressed, and the cause of the depression was bullying case. I didn't believe it at first. Minseok was an adult, he was four years older than me. Then, why did he become a victim of bullying? Sehun then explained to me that Minseok's coworkers bully him for his chubby appearance and reserved personality. He was physically and mentally bullied by those coworkers. I didn't understand. What was wrong with cubby appearance and reserved personality? Those ty coworkers should mind their own business.

I shook my head and left that Minseok's issue alone. That was not my problem, so I shouldn't think about it. I chose to enjoy this shiny day by laying on the grass. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze. I was happy that today the sun shined so brightly, there was no cloud in the sky.

But, I suddenly frowned when I felt a shadow disturbing my closed eyes. I thought there was no cloud, but why did it feel cloudy in front of my closed eyes?

Reluctantly I opened my eyes, but instantly I was confused by a drawing right in front of my eyes. That was a drawing of me, right?

I shifted my eyes to someone who was holding that drawing paper. "Kyungsoo Hyung?" I asked in disbelief.

Yes, that someone was Kyungsoo. That surprised me and I decided to get up and now I was sitting on the grass.

Kyungsoo smiled for a bit then he sat on the grass right next to me. I just realized that I didn't see him in past few days after he got fever.

"Hyung, do you feel better now? I didn't see you around lately," I decided to ask.

"Yes," Kyungsoo answered softly. "I wasn't around because the doctor asked me to stay on the bed for proper recovery."

I nodded, then my sight shifted to the drawing paper in Kyungsoo's hand. "That drawing..." I pointed at the paper. "Did you finally draw me?"

Kyungsoo glanced at the paper and nodded. "Yes, you saved me on that stormy day, and I hope this is enough to pay your kindness."

Kyungsoo was embarrassed, I knew it from his timid gesture. It was so cute.

"Okay, I accept your payment." I took over the paper from his hand carefully. "But, what if this payment is not enough to pay my kindness?" I tried to a bit.

And here he was, frowning with a very cute expression. "What? This drawing is not enough for you?"

I suppressed my laughter. This scene was so funny. I wanted to more, but I canceled my plan because Kyungsoo seemed so desperate and sad. He was about to cry, I thought.

"I was just kidding," I said. My eyes trailed to the drawing in my hand. It was beautiful. He drew me beautifully. I knew I was handsome since forever, but in this drawing, I looked more and more handsome. He drew my face perfectly, and my body proportion looked so real in his drawing. This is the most beautiful drawing I had ever seen. "It’s beautiful," I spoke again while staring at him.

He stared back at me silently. His eyes were crystal clear, they were so pure and innocent. Kyungsoo was an angel without wings. He was too good for this cruel world. And, he was also too good for my heart; it didn't stop beating so loudly, so I decided to look away.

"Hyung, why did you always draw yourself before? You're a painter, aren't you? You also said that you organized an exhibition before. I don't think you only had drawings of yourself in that exhibition."

I chuckled to eliminate tensions between us, but he remained silent.

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes then looked away before answered my question, "Of course I did draw other objects for that exhibition." He sighed softly before continued, "But, after my parents sent me to this sanatorium, all I could see was myself, I couldn't see any other object. That's why I only drew myself."

I nodded, but then I glanced at the drawing in my hand. "But, why did you draw me in the end?"

Kyungsoo looked at me again. His plump lips opened and closed, as if he wanted to say something, but there was nothing came out from those pretty lips. I saw his cheeks reddened, the tips of his ears were also turned into the same color. Do Kyungsoo was blushing. I smiled at that sight. Blushing Do Kyungsoo was more beautiful than the usual Do Kyungsoo. I couldn't tear my gaze away from that beautiful sight.

But then I did tear my gaze away and looked at the blue sky above us. "You were so quiet in the beginning. I thought you were mute. I still can't believe that you're talking to me now," I said.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kyungsoo sighed softly. "I told you that I'm an introvert type, didn't I? If people want to talk to me, they have to approach me carefully. I only talk to people I'm comfortable with."

Quickly I turned to Kyungsoo again. That tiny man ducked his head lowly.

I grinned proudly before I asked, "So, you're comfortable with me now?"

I heard Kyungsoo snorted then pushed my shoulder playfully. "You're so confident of yourself, aren't you?"

And then we laughed together. It was the first time I heard his laughter. His laughter was so beautiful. I would never tired of 'beautiful' word because everything about Do Kyungsoo was indeed beautiful.

"I wonder, where did you get my name? I don't remember I ever introduced myself formally to you," I tried to start new conversation.

"You introduced yourself to Kris when you saved me from his kicks. I got your name back then," he answered, then suddenly he smirked playfully. "I also don't remember I ever introduced myself formally to you, but you do know my name, and even calling me hyung. Mind to explain?"

I was taken aback by his playful question. . It was so dangerous. If I told him the truth, he might see me as a busybody. But, it was Oh Sehun, the real busybody!

And fortunately, the busybody Oh Sehun suddenly appeared in front of us. Did he sense my dangerous state and he came to save me?

"Jongin, your hyung came to see you."

No, of course Sehun would never be so nice to me.

"What? Lu Han Hyung came to see me? But, it's not even Sunday."

Sehun just shrugged carelessly.

I didn't want to see that evil hyung today. He would ruin my perfect mood. I didn't like that idea.

But then, I got a better idea.

I turned again to Kyungsoo and told him that I had a business to take care of, then I excused myself. I didn't forget to drag Sehun with me.

When we were far enough from Kyungsoo, I started to tell Sehun about my idea, "You better go and talk to Lu Han Hyung."

Sehun raised his left eyebrow in confusion. "What? Why should I?" He asked.

"You said you're interested in him. It's a good chance for you and your obsession."

Sehun didn't respond. He furrowed his eyebrows. It seemed he was thinking so hard.

But then he smiled widely. Even without a 'yes' or 'no' as a response, I knew that he was definitely agreed with me. He then nodded and stupidly ran away to see Lu Han Hyung.

I smirked. Lu Han Hyung said he was straight as a ruler, but if Sehun and his obsession was able to bend that ruler, then we could say goodbye to the straight Lu Han.

To be continued...