[7/7]

Sanatorium

A week after I left the sanatorium, I started to work at my father's company. This is a precious company for me. My father worked really hard for this company. I thought Lu Han Hyung was after this company, but all he did was saving this company for me.

I started as a regular employee. Lu Han Hyung offered a higher position for me, but I declined that offer. Lu Han Hyung also worked at this company, anyway.

I wanted to start working from the bottom just like my father. I worked hard every day, and I learned many new things from senior workers. I loved to learn new things, so I enjoyed my new routine.

But, to be very honest, I missed the sanatorium. I missed the noisy Chanyeol, I missed the scary Kris, I missed the gloomy Jongdae, I even missed the annoying Sehun, and of course I missed the beautiful Do Kyungsoo.

I didn't contact him for a week, I also didn't visit him. I wondered, did he still remember me? Did he eat well? Did he feel lonely again without me?

I really wanted to visit the sanatorium, but I promised myself to work hard first before I could proudly visit him. But it was so frustrating! I realized that my feeling for the little guy was not a common feeling among friends. No, it was more than that.

Friend. I considered Sehun as a friend. I didn't want to hug him when I saw him, I also didn't want to spend the rest of my life with him, and my heart didn't beat so loudly when I was with him. I cared for him, but it was just that. No more, no less.

But, with Kyungsoo was completely different. I wanted to hug his tiny body when I was with him, I was willing to spend the rest of my life with him, and my heart also beat so loudly when I was with him. I cared for him and I loved him. Yeah, Love.

I realized it few days ago when I couldn't sleep because I missed him so badly. I wanted to see his face, I wanted to see his smile, and I wanted to hug him so so so badly. It was embarrassing to admit, but I cried that night. I didn't care anymore if people labelled me as homoual. The sanatorium didn't turn me into a crazy person, but it did turn me into a real homoual. I didn't mind, though.

I finally sighed loudly. It was lunch time, but I didn't feel like eating. I was staying in my cubicle, playing with my pen in my hand, when suddenly a familiar man appearing in front of my desk.

I looked up to see Doctor Kim Junmyeon standing calmly in front of my desk. Instead of his white coat, he was wearing a casual outfit today.

"Please take a sit, Doctor," I gestured him to sit on the chair in front of my desk.

He smiled once again before he took a sit on the chair.

"I'm very happy to see you here, Jongin. You look good in suits."

I smiled politely and thanked him for the compliment.

"You look just fine in this company, but don't you want to visit the sanatorium, Jongin?"

At the mention of sanatorium, my mind automatically created a picture of Kyungsoo. I smiled softly at my own imagination.

"I guess you do want to visit the sanatorium, Kim Jongin."

I snorted at the doctor's conclusion. "Doctor, you really like to make a conclusion all by yourself, don't you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Just call me Hyung, Jongin. Lu Han Hyung had told you about me, right? I'd be so happy if you're willing to take this long lost cousin as your brother."

I smiled a bit. "Okay, Hyung." I saw him smiling back at me. "I do want to visit the sanatorium, but I'm not good enough in here so I need to learn more. I want to visit the sanatorium as a new Kim Jongin."

The doctor in front of me chuckled lightly. "Kyungsoo must be so proud of you, Jongin. You're a better person now."

This doctor really knew how to make me blushing like a school girl.

"I will visit the sanatorium when I'm ready."

Doctor Kim nodded. "Kyungsoo's condition is getting better. Sometimes he's talking to other patients as well." That was a good news to me. "But, Jongin, I'm sure that he misses you so much. When he was alone, he looked so gloomy, and sometimes he silently drew your face on the paper."

I felt uneasy because of the doctor's explanation. My heart fluttered knowing Do Kyungsoo did miss me. Even if I didn't know whether he loved me back or not, but I was happy enough to know that he still remembered me.

"I'll visit him soon, Hyung. I promise."


I said soon, but it took me three weeks later to finally visit the sanatorium. I was away from this place only for a month, and definitely everything was still same here.

I visited Junmyeon Hyung's room first, but it was only for ten minutes because he had an appoinment with a patient. I then walked to my previous room in this building. I heard that Sehun was live there alone after I left this place.

"Hello, Mister Pale Skin."

Sehun startled a bit. He previously busy with something on his bed, but now he was standing in front of me. "Kim Jongin!" He shouted loudly.

This bastard looked so happy when I was here, huh?

"What are you doing?" I asked him while walking toward his bed. I found a paper and a pencil there.

"Oh, I learned how to draw from Kyungsoo Hyung, and just now I tried to draw Lu Han Hyung."

"I think you're obsessed with Lu Han Hyung now. Why don't you just run away from this place and meet Lu Han Hyung?"

Sehun sighed at my question. "I've been here for three months now, and the doctor told me that I can leave this place soon if I don't show any symptom of my issue. I'll just leave this place peacefully. No need to create any commotion," he then answered.

I just shrugged and my eyes moved to examine the Sehun's drawing. "This drawing looks like a minion for me."

My remark left Oh Sehun speechless, and I silently laughed at him.

"You're indeed a good friend, Jongin. Indeed," Sehun said in disbelief. "You better go to see Kyungsoo Hyung. He must be happy to see you again."

Yes, I wanted to see Kyungsoo so badly, but I was not sure about something.

"I come here directly from the office so I don't bring any gift for him."

That was the reason why I wasn’t sure.

Sehun looked at me with unreadable expression, but then he smiled so widely. He walked closer to me and then whispered something in my ear.

God, this pale boy just lent me his crazy idea.


After an hour or so I was with Oh Sehun in his room, then I decided to walk around the building to meet Kyungsoo. I looked for him in the playroom, but he was not there (all I got when I was there was a hug from Chanyeol and a small smile from Kris. Those two different welcomes did surprise me).

I continued to walk around. I left the building and walked to the park. Usually Kyungsoo sat on the grass and busy with his drawings. And yeah, Kyungsoo was indeed in the park. But instead of sitting on the grass, he was lying on that soft material now.

I observed him from afar. That tiny man had his eyes closed. Uh, it strangely felt like a déjà vu.

Quietly I walked closer to that short boy. And when I was right in front of him, I finally realized that it was indeed a déjà vu.

I carefully took out a paper from my pants’ pocket. I opened the folded paper, then I held it to block the sun from Kyungsoo's closed eyes. As expected, Kyungsoo frowned in distaste, then he opened his eyes. He noticed the paper, then he quickly shifted his eyes to me. Those round eyes widened in instant.

"Jongin..." He whispered softly.

I did expect that my arrival would surprise him, but I did not expect that he abruptly got up then hugged me so tightly. His action did surprise me. But, that was not for so long. The next second, I hugged him back with a content feeling.

"I missed you..." He whispered again, so softly again.

God, I missed his velvety voice so ing much!

"I missed you too, so much," I replied in a soft tone as well.

We hugged at least for five minutes before we detached ourselves from each other.

His eyes traveled to inspect my appearance. "You look great in suits," he said sincerely.

I smiled and my left hand patted his right cheek softly. "You will look greater than me if you wear suits like this."

Kyungsoo chuckled lightly before he pulled my hand to sit on the grass again. "I will wear one when I get married."

We sat beside each other like the old days. It felt so perfect.

"Are you getting married anytime soon? I can't wait any longer to see you in suits."

"I don't know, but if someone come and ask me to marry them, I'm ready to get married anytime."

That statement shocked me a bit. Did a Do Kyungsoo just give me a signal? Where did this innocent boy learn how to flirt, anyway?

"Someone will come to you and ask you to marry them. I'm sure."

That was the only response I gave to him.

Silence took over the atmosphere, but it was a comfortable silence.

"How have you been?" Kyungsoo asked.

I turned to him and smiled. "I've been so busy in the office, but I'm perfectly happy and fine. You?"

"I try to live happily in here since this place gonna be my permanent house."

I frowned at him. Why did he have that thought in his mind?

"No, Hyung." I said tenderly. "I gonna take you out of this place with me. Just wait a little bit longer, ok? I promise."

I waited for Kyungsoo’s response, but that tiny guy just stayed silent.

He just stared at me in disbelief then finally responded, "W-what do you mean, Jongin? I'm not ready to live outside all alone, that's why I choose to stay in this place."

I sighed. Junmyeon Hyung was so right about Kyungsoo.

"Who said you gonna live all alone outside? No, I didn't say that. I said, I gonna take you out with me. You gonna live with me. I'm trying to be a better man just for you, so you can depend on me in the future."

Kyungsoo didn't respond. He stared at me with his teary eyes.

Two minutes later, he asked me weakly, "But, why? Why do you want to help me?"

I stared back at him lovingly. "Because I love you, Kyungsoo Hyung."

My answer got him startled. A tear dropped on his left cheek, but I quickly swiped that tear away. No, I didn't want to see my baby cry.

"Jongin, I..." Kyungsoo tried to speak but it seemed so difficult. "I-I don't deserve you, Jongin. I don't deserve your love. I don't have anything, I'm a loner, and even my family don't want to stay with me. I—"

And I stopped his nonsenses with a kiss. Yes, I kissed his lips. I could feel his lips trembling. It must be his first kiss, and I didn't want to burden him with a passionate kiss. No, it wasn’t a passionate kiss, I just let my lips touch his without any movement. It was just a peck on the lips.

Then I leaned back and stared intently through his eyes. He was so beautiful. I was the one who didn't deserve him. Once again I swiped away his tears. I realized his tears dropped when I kissed him just now.

"Hyung, you are the only one for me. I was a straight man, but I fell for you. Only for you, Hyung. You never be loved before, and here I am offering my unconditional love for you. Please give me a chance to love you, Hyung."

And Do Kyungsoo cried. I brought him to my embrace. I didn't want to see him crying like this, it was so painful. Do Kyungsoo had lost everything in his life, and I was willing to give my everything to him.

"I-I love you too, Jongin."

That confession came out as a whisper, but I could hear it, I could feel it. Oh, God. I really wanted to cry in happiness. I hugged him tighter than before, let our emotions blended together in our embrace.

Minutes passed and Kyungsoo detached himself from my embrace. His eyes were so red and puffy. I leaned closer and kissed those poor eyes. "I will never let your tears drop again unless it's tears of joy."

He smiled and nodded. It was the happiest moment in my life.

Ah, suddenly I remembered about something. I leaned back and grabbed a paper lying on the grass. I used that paper to block the sun’s rays from Kyungsoo’s closed eyes before.

"I have a gift for you," I said, handing him the paper.

Kyungsoo examined the drawing on the paper and frowned. "Did you draw a mutant owl?" He asked, and my jaw dropped.

"No! It was you! I drew your big eyes perfectly!"

"What? It's obviously an owl but turned into a monster. It’s a mutant. Do I look like a monster to you, Jongin?"

I jolted. What? Do Kyungsoo started to cry again!

! I SHOULDN'T HAVE FOLLOWED OH SEHUN'S SUGGESTION TO MAKE A DRAWING OF KYUNGSOO AS A GIFT!


.End of story.