[6/7]

Sanatorium

I saw Sehun again later in the evening. I just took a bath and I saw him lying on his bed, giggling like a high schooler.

"Are you Park Chanyeol? As far as I know, giggling is his property in this sanatorium."

Sehun looked up at me. He was now smiling ear to ear. "Lu Han Hyung was so nice and pretty. I was so lucky to know him!" He said cheerfully.

I frowned and sat on my own bed. "Nice, you said? He accused me as a homoual and sent me here. He's an evil."

"But you are indeed a homoual, aren't you?"

"What? Why did you say that? Lu Han Hyung had persuaded you with his nonsense, hadn’t he?"

"No. He didn't mention anything about you being a homoual. He told me about many things, but not about that."

"Then, why did you call me a homoual."

"It's because of Do Kyungsoo."

I was dumbfounded, I wasn't able to say anything. I was so surprised because Sehun brought Kyungsoo in our conversation. I also could feel my heart beating loudly inside. What was wrong with me?

I glanced at Sehun and he smirked at me. This bastard was so annoying.

"Lu Han Hyung is not that nice, you better be careful when you're with him," I warned Sehun at the end. Sehun was annoying, but I wouldn't let him fell into Lu Han Hyung's trap just like me.

"He's nice, Jongin. He didn't have any bad intention to you. All he did to you is for your own good."

This time I frowned. I was pretty sure Lu Han Hyung had brainwashed Sehun into believing his nonsense. Ah, now I remembered Sehun's obsessive issue. He had that issue so he was madly in love with my cousin. In the end, I didn't give him any response.


A month, 30 days. I had been in this sanatorium for a month, full 30 days. I didn't expect it when Doctor Kim Junmyeon called me to his room for a talk today.

"You can go home today, Jongin."

My eyes widened at the statement. "What? I thought that traitor would leave me here forever."

The doctor smiled softly before responded, "Your brother tried his best to keep you save, Jongin. Go back home, then say thanks to him."

I shook his head in disbelief. Not only Sehun, but Lu Han Hyung had brainwashed this doctor too. I remembered this doctor told me that he sensed Lu Han Hyung's problem, but just now he told me that Lu Han Hyung just tried his best to save me. That was so strange. This young doctor surely playing with me.

"What if I don't want to go home?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest and asked.

"Why? Is there any reason for that?"

"I don't want to see that traitor anymore. It's better for me to stay here with crazy people."

"It's because of Do Kyungsoo, isn't it?"

My eyes widened. This doctor and Oh Sehun, they were talking about Do Kyungsoo with me. What was wrong between me and Do Kyungsoo?

"Jongin," the doctor called me. "Two weeks ago, Do Kyungsoo's brother told me that they would not care about him anymore. They didn't want Do Kyungsoo to get out of here and ruin his family's pride."

I remained silent. I had known about that from Kyungsoo himself.

"But, an asylum is not a good place for a sane person, Jongin. Do Kyungsoo has a bright future as a painter. Yes, he's introvert and a loner, but that will not ruin his career. He'll be okay outside this asylum."

"Then, why do you let him stay here? Why don't you let Do Kyungsoo out of this place and be free with his career?"

"Because, for now, Do Kyungsoo isn't capable in living by himself. He came from a wealthy family. True, his family didn't love him and didn't care about him. But, they had money to hire people. Those people took care of him in his house all the time. He depended on those people even if those people only cared about him because of money. Now, he isn't independent enough to live by himself."

I couldn't find any proper response to the doctor's explanation. I just knew about Kyungsoo's real condition. That was bad. Do Kyungsoo wasn't supposed to be here, but that man wasn't capable enough to live alone outside this place.

"Jongin, you better get out of this place, join your father's company, and then come back here to bring Kyungsoo with you."

"My father's company? How do you know about my personal life?"

"Hey, I'm your doctor. I know all about you because you're my patient. I have my patients' personal data."

"No, I smell something fishy here. You know more about myself, and you even know about Lu Han Hyung. Who are you?"

I could see the doctor smiled mysteriously. I was right, this young doctor was suspicious.

"Just go home, Jongin. If you really want to know about me, just go ask your brother."

Bull! I couldn't trust this doctor. I couldn't hear him talking nonsense anymore. In the end, I decided to leave the doctor's room.

But, should I leave this sanatorium too? Should I leave Do Kyungsoo?


Yes, I should. I should leave this sanatorium and tried to solve the mystery around me. I needed to know Lu Han Hyung's real intention, and I also needed to know who Kim Joonmyeon is. Also, if that doctor was right, I needed to strengthen myself and go back here to get Kyungsoo out of this place with me. That was right. I had plans.

"So, you gonna leave me alone, huh?" Sehun asked me as he watching me packed my belongings.

"Yes," I answered. "I will not let that evil hyung win over me."

Sehun suddenly laughed. "Just trust me, Jongin. Lu Han Hyung is not a bad person. I really want to get out of this place and meet him again."

I rolled my eyes. Did that evil hyung, the suspicious doctor, and this pale bastard joined force to beat me?

"But, Jongin," Sehun talked again but I ignored him. "What about Do Kyungsoo? Will you leave him here?"

I stopped my motion. I, myself, still wasn't sure to leave Kyungsoo here. In this sanatorium, Do Kyungsoo didn't talk to anyone but me. He opened up himself just when he was with me. If I leave him, what would he do in this place? Would he become a loner again? I sighed and massaged my temple for a bit.

"You better talk to him before you leave, Jongin."

I had to admit that Oh Sehun just gave me a good advice.


Do Kyungsoo was there, sitting alone under a tree. Lately, he liked to spend his time outside, not inside the playroom anymore. He only stayed inside on rainy days.

I plopped myself beside him, enough to make him noticed me. He smiled a little, and continued to focus on his drawing. It was an improvement when Kyungsoo started to draw other objects again. He drew a butterfly, a tree, and other objects. I didn't want to be so confident of myself, but my existence in his life did change him in a better way.

"It makes me happy to see you draw many things lately."

Kyungsoo stopped his hand movement. He stared at me while smiling bashfully. "It's weird, but after I made a drawing of you, I could see other things to draw again. I don't feel lonely anymore."

I smiled sadly. Doctor Kim Joonmyeon was right. Do Kyungsoo was not ready to live alone outside. He needed someone, but I wasn't ready to bring him out with me. I needed more time.

"Hyung," I called him, and he smiled again. "I'll leave this sanatorium tonight."

And that beautiful smile vanished as soon as I finished my sentence. Sorry, Kyungsoo.

"You gonna leave? B-but, why so sudden?"

I saw fear in his eyes. He was scared, scared of loneliness.

"The doctor just told me today. I thought I would stay here longer, but my brother had another idea. Sorry."

I couldn't look at him in the eyes. I was scared, scared of his sadness.

But then I felt a light touch on my thigh. I looked up and there was Do Kyungsoo, smiling again as if he was perfectly fine. He patted my thigh lightly. "Don't be sorry, Jongin," he said softly. "This sanatorium isn't your place. You deserve a better place and better life."

I looked at him sadly. He acted as if he was okay to live here alone.

With all my courage, I grabbed his hand and stared straight at his eyes. "I promise I will be back for you. Wait for me, please."

I hated it, but I saw hesitation in his owl eyes. Just please believe me, Kyungsoo.

And finally, after three minutes passed, Do Kyungsoo nodded his head. The hesitation was still there, but I saw another emotion in his eyes. Hope, there was a hope in his eyes.


I came back to my house in the night. Lu Han Hyung sent a car and a driver to pick me up in the sanatorium. Trying to be nice, huh?

A maid opened the door for me, then I stepped inside the big house. This was too quiet. It was always quiet in the house, but I sensed something was not right here. I dropped my bag on the couch then started to walk around the house. I didn't know why, but I wanted to meet my brother. I checked the rooms one by one, and finally I found him in the kitchen. He was not alone, though. He was with a young man.

Lu Han Hyung noticed me, his doe eyes widened a bit. "Jongin? You are here?"

I rolled my eyes then stepped closer to him. I eyed the man beside my brother. Oh, I just realized that the man just treated my brother's wounds.

What? Wounds? Now I noticed some bruises on my brother's cheeks. "What happened to you, Hyung?" I asked.

Instead of answering my question, Lu Han Hyung turned to the man beside him and said, "You can go home now, Yixing. I'm okay."

The man named Yixing seemed a bit hesitate, but in the end he nodded. That man bowed a little to me and then walked away from the kitchen, leaving me with my brother.

"Who's that man?" I asked again.

Lu Han Hyung faced me again. "A coworker in office," he answered.

"You sure he's not your boyfriend?"

"What's with the accusation? You're jealous or what?"

"Why should I? So disgusting. I just feel bad for Sehun because you play nice with him when you have a boyfriend."

I saw Lu Han Hyung's eyes widened. And what was that? I thought I saw a hint of crimson color on his cheeks.

"No need to pity your dear friend. Yixing is my friend. He's an employee at you father's company, just like me."

I just shrugged and sat in front of him. "So, why did you let me out of that asylum all of a sudden? Have you stolen my legacy already?"

Lu Han Hyung seemed a bit angry because of my accusation. "You still have that stupid assumption in your mind?"

"That's not stupid. You are after my legacy. That's why you sent me to the asylum."

All of a sudden Lu Han Hyung laughed, but the laughter sounded bitter in my ear. "Yeah, right. Living with me for thirteen years means nothing to you. You don't believe me at all," he said ambiguously. "I only tried to save your legacy for you, Jongin. I hid you in the asylum for a month so you didn't need to receive punches on the face."

"What do you mean?"

"Your father's older brother is after your legacy, Jongin." I widened my eyes at that statement. "I noticed it a year ago. He planned something bad for you, and I didn't have any choice other than sending you to the asylum for a month. I'm so thankful that Yixing and his hands are able to collect the proof of his crime in a month. Even if I had to receive some punches on my face before he came to save me today."

"I-I don't understand."

"You don't need to understand. Your evil uncle has been arrested now. He punched me when I refused to answer his question about your whereabouts. But then Yixing came to save me with proof in hand. I'm glad Junmyeon just sent you back home tonight when the problem had been solved."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Why... Why didn't you tell me about everything, Hyung?"

"I don't want you to worry, Jongin," Lu Han Hyung answered. "You didn't know about this, but our parents had a great relationship even before you're born. They lived in different countries, but they're bonded to each other. My parents also knew about your father's illness back then. They really wanted to come here to help him to treat his illness, but he refused. Too bad that my parents just came here after he passed away and you were alone back then."

I could feel my body trembled. I just knew about this truth. Why didn't they tell me sooner?

"Your father asked my parents to be your guardian before he passed away, that's why we came to see you thirteen years ago. We didn't want to burden you with the past, so we didn't tell you anything. My parents loved you, and I also love you the same. I love you as my little brother. Sorry for making your life miserable in the past few months. I had to do something natural to send you away."

I didn't say anything. I just moved to hug my brother. Tears started to fall in my cheeks.

"Stupid Hyung! You even acted as if we had a ! How could you deceive me this way, Hyung? You saved me and kept me away from any harm, but all I did was cursing you and hating you. I'm sorry, Hyung. I'm so sorry, and thank you."

Lu Han Hyung hugged me back. I really wanted to punch him when I heard him chuckled. "You're more stupid than me, Jongin. How could you easily believe that we had back then? It's so obvious that you don't have any experience in ," he said teasingly.

I pushed his body away and stood up. "Yes, right. I don't have any. I'm a good guy. I was in relationships because of my feeling, not because of lust."

Lu Han Hyung laughed again but he didn't object my defense.

Ah, wait. I remembered about something. "Hyung, who is Doctor Kim Junmyeon? He knew so many things about our family," I asked my brother. I was really curious about that doctor.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to explain about him. Kim Junmyeon is your cousin, Jongin. He's the son of that evil uncle of yours."

I widened my eyes. "What? That weird doctor is my cousin?"

My brother nodded and answered, "Yes. His parents divorced five years ago and he lived with his mother. He knew his father's evil plan so he contacted me. We agreed to help you together."

No wonder that doctor knew about my personal life. He was my cousin and had joined force with Lu Han Hyung to save me from his own father. It was really hard to believe.

I was tired, I wanted to go to my room to get some rest, but once again my brother's voice caught my attention.

"How is Do Kyungsoo, Jongin? Is it true that he's so lovely and so cute?"

What the hell. It must be that doctor's fault that my brother knew about Kyungsoo. I chose to ignore him and walked again to my room, but vaguely I heard my brother said...

"It's okay if you're into boy, Jongin. I will not send you to asylum anymore."

And I just smirked at that statement.

To be continued...