Day 0.5

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud banging can be heard from the bathroom all the way to the dining hall of Shin Se Kyung’s apartment complex, followed by several muffled curses and audible sighs. Then it repeats, all in the same succession. One would wonder if the well-lighted room is haunted or something.

“Yah. Are you not done yet? You’re in there for like 30 minutes already.” Seo Kang Joon knocked on the door. “If you’d rather stay there, that’s fine. But please stop with the banging and the cursing and the sighing and then repeating it all in that scary voice. You are scaring the neighbours and their dogs and cats.”

“Klmfghkljdihflnskhhdgueoagfeyfphff...”

“Speak in Korean please and can you come out now?”

“.  .  .”

“Ji Hyunnah, I’m actually really, really hungry right now and I might just bite your cheeks off if you don’t come out of that damn room.”

“maijidohfefbigfo…”

“Yah. Nam Ji Hyun! Come out! Now!”

“.  .  .”

“Aish. You’re really hopeless.” Kang Joon gives up and called for the owner of the house. “Noona!!! Jihyun is being stupidly stubborn again. Can I just break your bathroom door and drag her out?”

Se Kyung playfully slaps the younger guy’s shoulders and said, “Leave her and my bathroom door alone. Go!” She pushed him towards the dining room. “Dinner’s all ready. Wash your hands, help them set the table and eat!” Kang Joon smiled and sauntered out.

She then looked at the tightly closed door and whispered sweetly, “Hey baby. Whatever it is, take your time.” Sniffs. She smiled knowingly and continued, “You know, I cooked your fave food; Haemultang (Seafood stew) and Pork Bulgogi.” Gasps. “I even had Soju prepared outside and ready to drink...”

The door slightly opened and a tiny voice can be heard from inside, “Um. Let me just finish up here unnie, please save some for me. Kang Joon oppa might finish it all.”

Satisfied that the younger girl took the bait, she rapped on the door and said, “Don’t worry. Like I said, take your time.”

 

Inside, Ji Hyun is looking at her reflection in the mirror and starts mocking it. “You are a loser and an embarrassment to all women.” She raised her eyebrows at it as if expecting a response and continued her tirades. “How dare you carelessly t-touch a boy and an EXO at that? An EXO you crazy girl! You could have touched his hands or shoulder or even his back. That would’ve been much better and you wouldn’t be in this mess, but no. You, of all people, dared touched his... his... Why the hell did you have to touch his lips? And why do you have to mention it to him again?” She closed her eyes as she remembered everything that happened earlier at the script reading.

 

An hour and a half ago, right after 100 days My Prince’s first script reading, a fidgety girl doing some crazy ahjumma dance moves was waiting for someone in the car park basement. That someone is actually watching her act silly from his own van and is very amused at everything she’s doing at that moment. He can watch this all day but due to his schedule, he stepped out of his ride and decided to approach the actress.

“Nam Ji Hyun-ssi.” Kyung Soo cleared his throat, startling the already very nervous actress.

“Y-you scared me.” She clutched at and looked at the idol-actor. “D-do Kyung Soo-ssi, you’re finally here.”

“Uh. Nope. I was already here.” He raised his eyebrows at her and smirked, “I didn’t know you could bust some moves?” He then proceeded to copy her hilarious dance moves, complete with the hip-jerking action.

Ji Hyun started pointing her finger at him, “Y-y-y-y-y-you…”

“Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-yes.” He copied her stuttering and winked at her. She can only open at his boldness. “So, why have you called me here?”

Feeling utterly humiliated and defeated, she starts explaining. “I called you here because I want to apologise again.” Ji Hyun looked at the boy in front of her and in a serious tone that’s very unlike her, she slightly bowed and continued, “Do Kyung Soo-ssi, I’m really, really, REALLY sorry about what happened two weeks ago. It’s really inappropriat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter