A chance encounter.

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking home from school has become a force of habit now. Feeling the biting wind of spring, while watching crowds scurrying about gives me a sense of peace, of being wonderfully alive. Nothing gives me much happiness than being a part of something whole.  I loved being around people. Whether I know them or they know me, it doesn't matter. I simply loved being surrounded by their warmth.

Just like the warmth of pure, unadulterated  peals of laughter while drinking a draft of beer during winter. Or the warmth of having to look at each other during a supposedly deep-conversations over a sumptous meal. Most of all, the warmth of those hugs, from friends and family, during extremely depressing moments. 

Friends? I have lots of them  that I lost count already. I mean, can one even quantify friendship? Why fall in love when I have all I needed with my friends? I am not lacking anything, relationship-wise. So why am I even thinking about this and debating with my self?

Siiiigh.

Haneul-oppa is getting to me now that I'm even remotely considering what he said about me needing to find love.

What is love anyway?

"Well, Jihyunni, you know, you have to actually fall in love to find the answer to that.",  Am I imagining things now? Why is he inside my head?

Annoyed at Kang Haneul invading her thoughts, Jihyun swat the air and plopped down on the first bench she sees, startling the person munching on what seemed to be a full plate of Tteokbeoki. A man who's only showing his huge and soulful eyes.

 

An hour earlier, at the SM building basement.

"Park Chanyeol, you slowpoke, will you please hurry up?"

"I'm done, I'm done. Let's go!" Chanyeol smiled at his friend then froze. "Chingu, are you going out like that?" 

"Why?"

Trying hard not to laugh, EXO's rapper quipped "I mean, do you actually know what you look like right now?"

"What?"

"Promise me first that you won't hit me."

". . ."

"Is that a yes?"

". . ."

"Chingu?"

Kyungsoo turned his back, leaving Chanyeol hanging.

"Yah. You look like an overgrown, unsliced, gimbap! What's with this all-black outfit and being covered up?"

"Well, I like unsliced gimbap. So..."

"Is that supposed to be a joke?"

Kyungsoo deadpans then head for the exit. Chanyeol doubled over in laughter.

"You've had your fun, Chanyeolie. Now let's go and find a pojangmacha. I'm starving."

"Okay, dinner's on me since you made that ridiculous joke."

"Whatever. Come on!"

They walked for about half an hour and along the way, his friend won't just stop talking about gym, girl groups that it's become too repetitive forcing him to tune his friend out all the way to the food stall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter