Special 1: Not on My Watch

My First, My Last

 

 

The young couple had a hard time waking up the next morning, recalling their long night talk with them digging into the days they missed of each other. The morning ray peeked through the couple’s bedroom window, greeting the two good morning.

 

Feeling the heat that was building at the back of his head, the younger started to wiggle in his position.

 

However, he was restricted in his movements only to look up to realize the reason for it which came in a form of a human being, more specifically, his husband. Holding the younger as if his life depends on it, Minho held Taemin in close. Taemin could smell the unique scent that Minho has and that he is used to now, thanks to the distance before he snuggled further into his husband’s embrace.

 

With Minho’s chest in sight, Taemin planted a kiss right at where his husband’s heart is before placing his cheek against it as he pulled the older into his arms too. Taemin could feel himself being squeezed gently before a kiss landed on the top of his head.

 

“I could really wake up to this every single day...” 

 

Taemin looked up to the owner of the deep voice before smiling at the said owner. 

 

“Morning my love...” 

 

Eyes wide, the younger slotted his head back in the embrace, trying to hide the blush that was exploding his cheeks. Minho let out a light laugh at his little husband’s actions before holding the latter’s chin in his hand to lift it up. 

 

“Where are you looking my love~” 

“Th-that... calling...” 

“What calling? ‘My love~?’” 

 

Minho felt a little nod. 

 

“What’s wrong with that?“

“I-It’s embarrassing...”

“Do you not like it? I can change it back to Taemin-“

“NO! I mean... It was ‘Yeobo’ previously and now...”

“Well, all seems fitting don’t they?” 

 

With Taemin’s constant drilling to hide his blush, the older was so close to having a hole in his chest. Taemin looked up again before he saw Minho about to lean in. 

 

“Stop!” Taemin exclaimed as he held both hands in front of his mouth. 

“I-I might have bad breath...”

 

Minho laughed again at the pile of cuteness in his arms.

 

“It’s okay-“ and before he could lean in close enough, his husband was gone, off to the bathroom. 

 

Minho followed after and stood by the younger’s side as they openly stared at each other in the mirror, sending smirks and smiles to one another.

 

.

.


Breakfast was made by Minho while Taemin tried to help. He tried.

 

“WAIT!” as Minho managed to grab his younger’s husband wrist on time.

“That’s sugar! You don’t put sugar into eggs Taemin!” 

“Oops, both look alike though...”

 

In the end, Taemin was escorted to the table while Minho makes them breakfast.

 

If emotions had colors, their kitchen would’ve been filled with pink clouds the whole time. Other than the time they needed to cut their sausages and eggs, their eyes were fixed on each other.

 

Minho brought his and Taemin’s plate to the sink and was running the water when he felt a pair of arms circling his waist. 

 

“Hmmm” 

“What is it~?” 

“Nothing... Just...” 

 

Minho turned off the tap before turning around to face his little husband. Taking the smaller into his arms, Minho looked down, staring into the pair of eyes that showed him nothing but love. 

 

“Well, my love... I feel like hugging you too but I need to be done with these dirty plates so we can go for your hospital check up... So-“

 

Minho went in for a peck on the younger’s lip, “This will have to do it, for now, okay?” 

 

Taemin let out a pout before puckering his lips which Minho got the hint to leave another kiss on it, this time longer. 

 

“Okay now? Now you go get ready and I will be done soon.”

 

.

.

 

The couple set out for the younger’s hospital appointment. It was time for him to remove his leg cast. Minho held onto Taemin as if the younger was a human size porcelain. Unlike their first hospital visit, they held each other closer with no signs of awkwardness.

 

Minho settled Taemin down on a seat and was about to go the counter to register his husband for his appointment when he couldn’t even step out even a half step before he felt a pull at the edge of his shirt.  He turned around to see a dull pout from the younger.

 

“Why? What is it?”

 

Minho held Taemin’s face in his hands and asked, eyes looking right into the pair of beautiful orbs. 

 

“You do remember what happened when I last let you go off to the counter for me on your own? You came back with a nurse’s number...”

 

Minho warmed up on the inside as he let out a wide smile that surprised his husband. 

 

“Wha-Why are you smiling so brightly like that?”

“Nothing~ I just love how you are so frank with your feelings right now... Especially when it concerns me.”

“Choi Minho, this is not the time for this... Just remember, you have a husband here. If I may add, a hard to come about one too!” before letting go his grip on the older. 

 

And that made Minho laughed even harder.

 

“So you DO know that you are hard to come about don’t you~”

 

Minho moved his hands upwards and lightly pinched the chubby cheeks he adores. 

 

“Even without you saying, I, more than anyone else, should know better than that, Mr Choi. You aren’t going anywhere.”

 

Seeing how Taemin blushed at the new nickname, Minho tilted his husband’s chin up and sealed a deep kiss against the younger’s lips.

 

“I supposed this is enough to show...”

 

Minho tilted his body for the younger to see past him when he saw a crowd behind the counter, in shock. Leaving Taemin to blush, Minho was finally able to register his husband in.

 

They didn’t say having a husband was easy but Minho was enjoying every bit of it. 

 

“Choi- I mean, Lee Taemin please. He is here for his cast removal appointment today.”

 

After the solid proof show Minho gave, not a single soul tried any funny business at all, instead, they became really careful of their words.

 

“Y-you just need to sign h-here and h-here and you are number 10. When you hear your number just go into that room.”

 

The moment Minho was in sight, Taemin found himself straightener up, excited to have his husband back in his parameter.

 

“Woah woah haha okay okay calm down my love I am not going anywhere ha!”

 

Taemin was hugging him like a koala hug hugs its tree. Paused his actions, Taemin looked up to his husband with his chin against the older’s chest. 

 

“So... Any number today?” 

“Well, I did receive a num-“

“WHAT WHO HOW DARE-“

“It’s your doctor’s calling number...” 

“CHOI MINHO”

“Patient no. 10, Lee Taemin? The doctor will see you now”

 

.

.

 

“Ah ha! There’s my lovely couple! How is your husband doing?” 

 

The doctor looked at Minho as she asked when Taemin, the patient himself was in front of her.

 

“Erm... Doctor? I am just right here though?”

“Oh yes yes I can see you but last I remember, your husband here, answers faster than you do!”

 

Minho laughed before he swallowed it back in when a death stare was shot right at his way.

 

“I, the patient who is capable of answering myself thinks I am fine to have my cast removed now, doctor.”

“Hmm... Will that be fine by your husband? What do you say Mr. Choi?”

 

Once again, Minho was being asked instead of Taemin. 

 

“Doctor??”

 

Minho was standing behind Taemin so the younger had no idea how red has the older turned after the mention of him being the younger’s ‘husband’ coming from someone else. 

 

“It-It’s fine doctor” 

 

The doctor who witnessed it all could only laugh.

 

“Well then let’s get started!”

 

 

.

.


No one can actually blame Taemin for freaking out now. No one actually warned him that cast removal involves blade. 

 

“Don’t freak out don’t freak out” he chanted in his mind as the instrument got nearer to his cast. 

 

Minho had his face just by Taemin’s to watch the process. It was when the blade was only 2 centimeters away when Minho felt an arm circling his face and a cheek sticking against his after a ‘WAIT!’ was a heard. 

 

Minho blushed at the intimacy before he met eyes with his husband who was literally freaking out. The older frown with worry when he saw the fear in Taemin’s eye. 

 

“Ican’tdothis” 

 

Minho heard in the softest voice. 

 

“You have to... I am here. It’s painless really.” Minho consoled his little husband in the most gentle tone he could afford.

 

It was then when he felt a smaller hand grabbing his, pulling him to his side from behind. Taemin’s grip was strong on his husband before he looked at the doctor once again.

 

“Okay. I am ready.”

 

 

.

.


No words could describe how embarrassed Taemin was after the cast removal because it was literally nothing at all. The doctor was typing into the computer when Minho realized how quiet the younger got. He knew that look too. 

 

“It’s okay you know...”

“Don’t talk to me..not yet”

 

Thinking that this might be the only way to sooth the younger, Minho placed his hands over his husband face before lifting it up to make them meet eyes. Leaning in for a peck on the lips, Minho looked into the younger’s eyes.

 

“If you need to know, I like it when I feel that you need me... It makes me feel important in your life and that I am actually part of it...”

 

Taemin was still stunned by the peck before he could register the words and just as he was about to respond...

 

“THIS MUCH OF A PROGRESS ALREADY?”

 

This doctor’s scream brought them out from their own little bubble when they remembered they were having an audience. Minho can do all the smiling at the fangirl-ing doctor because Taemin was about to find himself a hole to hide.

 

 

.

.


After the doctor was done with the prescription she bid the couple farewell.

 

“I don’t wish to see you guys here anymore but I will miss my favorite couple! Take good care of your beautiful husband Mr. Choi!” 

 

“I will! Ahwoo-!” Minho shouted when he felt a hit on his arm.

“Your volume Choi Minho!” 

“Sorry...”

 

Taemin hurriedly walked off to the nearest bench before he heard quick footsteps following right behind. 

 

“Yeobo~ I know you are shy-“

“Wh-who said I am?! I am not!”

“I think I have known you enough to recognize that look~”

 

Minho took his place next to Taemin before tilting his head a little to peek at the latter who was looking down.

 

“I really meant what I said back there... I am very very happy that I am able to feel like I am of an importance to you now... That I am actually your husband...”

 

Taemin noticed the decrease in tone from his husband and realized that he might have minded too much of what others think that he didn’t consider how Minho might have felt. Minho felt a pair of arms circling his waist before the ends match when he felt a squeeze.

 

Surprised with the sudden gesture, Minho looked down to see his husband on his chest. 

 

“Ta-Taemin-ah”

 

The said owner lifted his head up to show a frown he was having. 

 

“‘Taemin’?? I am here hugging you in public and all I get is a downgrade? What? ‘Taemin’?? Well, YES MINHO-“

 

Eyes widen when he was being cut off with a pair of lips on his. 

 

“Sometimes my love... You just talk too much... But who is to be blamed? My ideal type is someone who talks A LOT. I can handle this” 

 

This effectively made the younger laughed.

 

“You no longer have a choice!”

 

“I love this hug and of course, would never want to break it but... Yeobo you kinda have to let me go? Your medicines aren’t going grow legs and walk to us you know?”

 

Taemin gave his husband one last squeeze and lean up for a peck before letting his grip go. Taemin’s eyes never left Minho when the older was collecting his medicines, he was at the same time also eyeing the nurses... Just in case. 

 

Feeling at ease when Minho came back to him quick Taemin once again clung onto his husband as they made their way out.

 

.

.

 

“I am kinda sad that your cast is being removed now though...” 

 

Minho said when the couple was having their dinner after returning home from the hospital. Taemin looked up, looking really confused at his husband

 

“Am I hearing things right now...? You actually want me to-”

“NO! Nononono! That’s not what I mean b-but it’s just t-that... You won’t be needing me anymore...”

“Just because I can walk on my own because I don’t need to be carried around anymore doesn’t mean I don’t need you anymore... What are you talking about even??”

 

Minho stayed silent. Taemin caught on that Minho might still be unconfident about his importance to the younger. Taemin took Minho’s bigger hand into his and raised it to cup his own face.

 

“Look at me Yeobo...”

“...”

“Love?”

 

Minho shot up, looking really red at the new name.

 

“Oh NOW you need a new nickname for you to look at me? Guess I will have to prepare a list then-“

“I...”

“Anyways... My love... Please I know we are both still very new in this relationship, in this marriage, and we didn’t start off with love... Wait or maybe you did~?”

 

Taemin left the end of the sentence with a teasing tone that effectively made Minho glare at him. 

 

“How dare you play with my heart Lee Taemin... I shall not. comment on that.”

 

Taemin let out a laugh before he felt another glare coming at him.

 

“Sorry~ As I was saying... this.. all this didn’t start off as something two-way, but now... It is. It might be too sudden but you aren’t one hard to fall in love with... And I am glad I did.”

 

Taemin went in to initiate a deep kiss, showing his sincerity through it.

 

Seeing a smile on his husband’s face, Taemin was proud. 

 

“Also, I might love you more than you do-“

“Don’t dare try Lee Taemin! Do you even know how long I waited??”

“Who knows you know~~”

 

Taemin started walking away before he heard Minho chasing after him from behind.

 

“SAY THAT AGAIN- Come back here Lee Taemin!”

 

 


 

Kinda short? Still, hope you guys like it and once again, thank you for all the comments! I am reading every single one of them, appreciating every single of them.