5. I Wanna Run to You, Won't You Hold Me In Your Arms

My First, My Last

Hello again~ 

I hate cliffhangers and I try my best not to have any in my stories too so here's a double update! 

Sadly, this is also the last part/chapter of this story BUT I will be bringing special episodes soon after~ 

Thank you once again for loving this story of mine that is really lacking in so much and thank you for walking this journey with me :) 

 


 

 

... “I think we need time... and distance too,” said Minho before he was out of the bedroom.

 

He saw the back that belongs to who he was starting to feel something for before the door close shut. Taemin dropped himself on the bed when a tear sunk by the corner of his eye.

 

“Lee Taemin what have you done...” he asked himself.

 

.
.

 

Taemin was awakened by a door opening before he heard footsteps approaching. Having his eyes shut, he felt his blanket being adjusted as it was placed neatly over him. He could feel a warm breathing by his cheek before he felt it stopped mid-air and as fast as the warmth came, it left in a heartbeat following a cold door click. 

 

Minho knows he said they needed distance but he just can’t suppress the urge to check up on his little husband. Knowing Taemin’s sleeping habits enough, Minho wasn’t surprised to see his husband not properly covered when he stepped into their bedroom.

 

As quiet as he could, he tip-toed over before gently adjusting the blanket over his husband and out of habit, he leaned in.

 

Usually, he would leave a quick peck on the younger’s chubby cheeks but tonight, it just doesn’t seem proper to do so.  He pulled himself backward and left for the room next door where he started off at. 

 

“Guess it’s my turn now” thought Taemin before sleep sinks in again.

 

.

.

 

Dawn came and unlike any other day, Taemin woke up a little earlier to only feel the morning harsher without the warmth he got used to by his side every morning. He his side and stared at the empty side of the bed that belongs to someone who now, owns his heart. 

 

At the sudden turn on the doorknob, Taemin shut his eyes out of instinct. Footsteps approached him before he felt fingers swiping his fringe out of the way that was followed by soft pats on his head.

 

Taemin opened his eyes again only after he heard the shower running.

 

“So this is what happens after I sleep and before I am awake huh...” thought Taemin. 

 

.
.

 

Minho came out of the bathroom to notice Taemin already awake, checking up his leg cast. Minho walked over to their wardrobe to retrieve his uniform before heading to the door. 

 

“Ah!”

 

Minho turned around to the sound and ran over to his husband instinctively. He kneeled by the bedside and hurriedly looked around to see if his little husband was hurt anywhere before looking up. He could hear his heart breaking at the sight as what he saw, was tears.

 

“W-what?? W-why are you?? Are your legs hurting again?? Shall we go to the hospital? Just wait for a minute I will just change and we can-“

“You...”

“Huh..? Me?”

“YES! YOU! YOU ARE THE REASON W-WHY I AM C-CRYING YOU DEER LOOKING IDIOT” 

“W-what did I-?”

“You... are being... (sniffs) so nice to me... (sniffs) and now that I-I am (sniffs)... you... leave me...” as he went with a pout while side eye-ing his husband. 

“I didn’t leave you-“

“YOU SLEPT IN THE NEXT ROOM! YOU SAID WE NEED (sniffs) WHAT! DISTANCE??”

“Calm down Taemin... You sure your legs are okay...?” before Minho moved closer to check up on the younger’s cast. 

 

Minho couldn’t bear to look into the red watery eyes and tried to get free from the grip but Taemin did not Boiling on the inside when it’s obvious that Minho was trying to avoid the topic, Taemin grabbed his husband’s face in his palm, making their eyes meet. bug at all. 

 

“Stay still, Choi Minho. I am just going to ask a few questions and you can go.”

“...” 

 

With Minho’s face in his palms, Taemin’s gaze softened.

 

Not sure if it was the watery eyes or the firm hold, Minho stayed still before attempting to look downwards. Not giving his husband a chance to escape, Taemin held Minho’s face up again and this time, he made sure he had it clear that the older was supposed to only look at him.

 

“Choi Minho...”

“...”

“Did I read things wrong? Was what I think you felt for me not actually what you do feel for me? Is this just a one-sidedthing? Am I just a responsibility to you? You taking care of me... Were all those just because I am your husband on paper?”

 

Taemin let out a sigh while he waited for Minho to respond. 

 

“Taemin...” the older started off. However, he was immediately silenced with a smaller hand over his mouth, leaving him stunned when he looked up to the owner of the hand.

 

“Wait... I need to prepare myself for this... I don’t take rejection that well and we still have school later-" Taemin felt his hand on Minho’s mouth being removed as his husband took his hand in his, before standing up to take the seat beside him.

 

“Who said it was going to be a rejection? And correct me if I am wrong, is this... a confession coming from you Lee Taemin?” Minho asked with a little tease in his tone. 

 

Taemin just realized the situation he has ended up in now and suddenly, school felt more important. The younger stood up and was about to walk away when he felt a pull from behind and the next thing he knew, he was caught in between the bed and his husband. 

 

The room turned so silent that Taemin could hear his own heartbeat and was sure Minho could too. They matched eyes before Minho placed his ear onto his little husband’s smaller left-side chest. 

 

“Is this happening because of me?” 

“N-no... My heart just beats faster than n-normal human beings...” 

“You sure~? Guess we will need to do some experiment.”

 

Minho took Taemin’s palm and placed it against his left chest. Taemin could feel his husband’s rapid heartbeat too. 

 

“Seems similar to me, don’t you think? And, I can tell you that this” as Minho pressed onto Taemin’s palm more, “is because of you.”

 

Taemin flushed and tried to look anywhere else, just not his husband. 

 

“Shy right now? Where did the confident Lee Taemin just a few minutes ago went off to?”

“...If you aren’t going to give me a proper answer don’t give me hope. Now, we have school to attend.”

 

Taemin pushed a stunned Minho aside before getting ready for school. Minho only came to it when he heard the bathroom door clicked.

 

“I wasn’t clear enough??” Minho asked himself in confusion. 

 

.
.

 

“Taemin-ah~” Minho called out when Taemin went ahead of him, refusing any of his help. 

 

Taemin’s entered their classroom first before Minho followed up right after, paying no heed to the attention they were getting. 

 

“Taemin-ah~” Minho whispered the moment they were seated.

 

Taemin gave him a glare that sent a chill down Minho’s spine before leaning forward. 

 

“Choi Minho, we are at school, household matters we settle them at home and turn to the front!” whispered Taemin harshly. 

 

“But-!”

“Good morning class!”

 

.

.

If there’s anything Minho hated more than Taemin being mad, is Taemin being mad at Whatever that was being taught today better not be for their test because Minho was literally having them in one ear and out in the other. 
him.

 

Minho reached backward as quiet as he could and touched around to find the smaller hands he was searching for. Taemin was eyeing the wandering hand before giving it a hit with his pen. 

 

“Awoo!”

“What is it Minho?” asked the teacher, clearly unhappy with the interruption.

 

“N-nothing” and once class resumed, Minho turned around to show Taemin a pout that nearly broke the younger.

 

Nearly. 
 

.
.

 

It was their ‘date’ break time again but as expected, Taemin had no intention of going to the old basketball room with Minho today. Minho noticed that there are students from the other classes gathered by their classroom window, wanting to personally witness the young couple.  

 

But that was the last thing on Minho’s mind. Right now, he had something more important to handle.

 

“Can we talk...?”

“I said household matters, we settle them at home...”

“But you are just going to avoid me again when we are home” 

“Glad that you know”

“Taemin-ah~ Why are you being like this... You cried this morning when I slept in the next room-“

“We are at school Choi Minho-“

“The better so I know you wouldn’t run off. So... you asked if your feelings were just one-sided if what I did was just because you are my husband on paper... I am sorry if I wasn’t clear enough but you are way more than that.”

 

...(Sniffs)(sniffs) 

 

Minho’s head shot up to see his little husband weeping.

 

“Wh-what?! O-oh my god w-what did I do this time?! Taemin-ah!! Taemin-ah?? Don’t c-cry...!”

(Sniffs) If I am (sniffs) more than that then (sniffs) WHY DID YOU SLEEP IN THE NEXT ROOM LAST NIGHT WHY?!”

 

Minho froze at the loudness before hurriedly stood up and went to Taemin’s desk to hold his husband in his arms.

 

“Shhss I am sorry!! Oh my god! Please stop crying” as he hugged his husband tighter, “and Taemin you do know that... there are many eyes looking at us right...?”

 

Taemin pulled away a little, just enough for him to move. He wiped the tears off his swollen eyes and took a quick peek outside of their class before leaning in a little.

 

“... Was I too loud...? Could they have heard that you slept in the next room yesterday night...?”

 

Minho cooed at the soft sight of his husband in his arms, eyes were swollen and nose red while keeping his eyes on the window. 

 

“Taemin...”

 

The younger diverted his attention back to Minho upon hearing his name being called.

 

"Ye-“

 

The next thing Taemin heard was the loud uproar outside the classroom as he felt a familiar pair of lips on his. 

 

Minho is kissing him... IN THEIR CLASSROOM.

 

Eyes wide, Taemin softly push his husband anyway before looking down hoping to cover his blush. 

 

“I would ask the same thing though... Do you do this with your eyes opened...?” before letting out a gentle laugh that made Taemin looked up. 

 

“... Arewelikeacouple n-now?”

 

Minho laughed.

 

“Look at my little husband here... Taemin-ah, we already are legally a couple. Do you need me to bring out our marriage cert to remind you...?”

 

And then he remembered.

 

“Are you guys going to stand there till the end of break time? I would appreciate if you guys would give me and my husband some alone time though?”

 

Mumbles sounded as the crowd dispersed before...

 

“IM SO SHIPPING!” could be heard.

 

.

.
 

Everyone could feel the difference in the atmosphere the moment they returned from their break and intuition tells them, it’s because of two If the sun wasn’t shining bright enough, the pink light at the back of the room would have lit the whole area anyway because of the two somebodys.

 

Minho was back to sitting beside Taemin in class and the teachers couldn’t even be bothered to ask, they were already being well-informed by now. A smaller right hand in a bigger left hand, it was a firm hold on the older’s lap. 

 

At every squeeze Minho did, Taemin blush.

 

Occasionally, Minho would hold the small hand up to his mouth and land a kiss on it before rubbing it against his cheeks whenever the teachers had their backs towards them. Taemin couldn’t be any redder than this.

 

.

.

 

Even though it’s the same route they took every day, the way home feels sweeter on this day. Their hands never left each other and more than ever, they could feel the reduce in distance between them when Taemin supported himself on Minho.

 

“That was a short trip back,” said Taemin the moment they entered their house. 

“Exactly, it’s a lucky thing we live together or else, we would be going through the ‘I will see you in first before I leave’ and you will go ‘No~you go first’ drama thing” laughed the older.

 

“Hmph, you think too much. What makes you think I would go ‘No~you go first’? I would have just closed the door on you.”

“Oh rea~lly?”

“Wait what do you think you are doing-“

 

With Taemin still in his arms, Minho settled himself on their couch as they both catch their breath and as if there’s a pull in between, they Minho scooped Taemin up in his arms and did a turn that made the younger laughed uncontrollably. leaned in before the two lips met. Unlike any kisses they had, this was a little more wanting with them aware of each other’s feeling.

 

Despite knowing that their feelings are mutual, it’s obvious that the two has never been in a relationship, and that makes it even more special. He may have been brave enough the night before, recalling his bold kiss over the dinner table but things are different now.

 

Taemin craves for Minho’s touch, he does... But he just can’t bring himself to make the first move. 

 

Unlike Taemin who has much free time to think and get nervous over thoughts like these, Minho, as usual, would be occupied with house chores and now, he was making them dinner.

 

If stares could burn, Minho’s back would have been on fire by now. The older was checking the stew when he heard a soft sigh from behind him. Minho let out a chuckle before turning off the stove. He turned around with the pot in his hands when he caught his husband staring.

 

Taemin quickly looked away before slowly turning around again when he sensed that Minho was nearer. Minho placed the pot of stew down before pulling a chair to sit by Taemin’s side. 

 

“Oh-!” exclaimed Taemin when he was being scooped onto his husband’s lap.

 

Minho held Taemin as if he was made of glass, making the younger melt into his arms. Minho pulled Taemin closer and placed their forehead together.

 

“Now, what is it that is making my little angel here, sigh so loudly that I could hear it from the stove?” 

“It wasn’t that loud..”

“Come on, you can tell me, right? Hmm?”

“...”

“Taemin-“

“IhaveneverbeeninarelationshipbeforesoIreallydontknowwhattodo”

 

Minho laughed at the little pout he saw on Taemin.

 

“Taemin, it’s my first time too... We can do this together-“

“But you seemed like you know what to do and I am here wanting to hold you but I can’t because I don’t know if I am doing it right. Is it even right to be wanting to hold someone this bad and so often-“

 

Minho pulled Taemin in for a tight hug and that silenced the younger.

 

“You wanna hold me huh?” making Taemin blushed at the soft whisper Minho did by his ear. 

 

Minho pulled away and gave Taemin a frown with his head tilted slightly. 

 

“Do I really have to take out our marriage certification so you know that I am fully yours to have right now?”

 

That effectively made Taemin redden before he drills his head into Minho’s chest that tickled the older. Laughter filled the room and soon dinner was over too.

 

 

.

.

If dinner was an appetizer,
bed time was a huge meal for Taemin to swallow. It felt like a whole new place to him, from him tripping over things to knocking things off the table, Taemin couldn’t be himself.

 

Taemin was done washing up but his mind was in a huge mess.

 

With his hair still yet, Taemin sat by the side of his bed, deep in thought. “Lee Taemin come on, pull yourselves to-together... It’s not like we are sleeping on the same b-bed for the first time h-how is it diff- Who am I lying, OF COURSE, IT IS DIFFERENT- AH?!“

 

The younger was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t hear the opening of the toilet door, neither the approaching footsteps.

 

Now in the embrace of his husband, he could hear the deep chuckle let out by the latter. 

 

“Thinking of me~?”

“Who’s thinking of-OMG!”

 

Taemin turned around to notice Minho was only in a towel wrapped around his waist before turning around again. 

 

“C-can you pu-put ON something??”

 

Minho let out another laugh before turning Taemin over. 

 

“You are embarrassed by something that’s yours?”

 

Minho leaned further in, stopped by the younger’s ear to feel the smaller freeze under his touch and let out a smirk. 

 

“This,” gesturing to his glorious body at its perfection, “is yours, my love... So don’t be afraid to look at them...”

 

However, instead of the blush he expected to see on his husband, Minho was caught by surprised when Taemin grabbed him to allow a distance in between them.

 

“I am starting to doubt if what you said about me being ‘also your first time’ was even true. You seem to be very good with your tactics and words huh Choi Minho?! ‘My little angel’? ‘My love’?? You have done some practicing Choi Minho?! HUH?!”

 

Oops.

 

“Eh?? What are you talking about?? You are really my first-“ 

“Hah! With those smooth lines you had there, I don’t think so!” 

 

Taemin moved away from Minho only to walk over to the bathroom to dry his wet hair.

 

He was about to close the door when he saw hand blocking him from doing so. 

 

“Some privacy here Choi Minho? Or were your previous ones okay with you coming into the bathroom when they are in here-“ 

“Lee Taemin!” 

 

Minho shouted, making Taemin stop in his trail of words.

 

Minho settled Taemin down onto their bed with him kneeling down by the The older let out a sigh before taking Taemin by the wrist to pull him out from the bathroom which the younger showed no resistance to, mainly due to shock. bed side.

 

He looked at Taemin to check for signs of refusal before taking the pair of hands smaller than his into his own, holding it against his heart. 

 

“Lee Taemin... I told you that this right here” holding Taemin’s hands further in against his heart, “is for you didn’t I...”

 

Taking the silence as a yes, Minho cupped Taemin’s face on one side to make the younger look at him and what he saw was a gaze filled with unsureness. 

 

“Let me tell you a secret that I have kept for who knows how long” Minho laughed a little.

“It’s a secret I meant to tell you sometime later after we are more stable in our relationship but I guess there’s no other time better than now to say it.” 

 

Minho stood up and sat beside Taemin on their bed before cupping the younger’s face once again, now, with both hands.

 

“Do you remember the day we first met? At grandpa and grandma’s kindergarten?” 

“Y-yes...” 

“Do you remember the day I fell during morning assembly, the one that I fell hard on my ?”

 

Taemin laughed a little at the recollection of those memories. 

 

“Yes”

“Well, I obviously did too and I definitely remembered what happened next because it changed my whole life ever since.” 

“The part where you shouted and looked like you were about to cry?”

“NO! Not that part! A little fast-forwarding, please?... Never mind... But that day was the very day that I saw something that shone so bright that I knew it would be the only thing that will light up my life forever...”

 

Minho leaned in, “and that was you.”

 

Taemin looked into Minho’s eyes to look for signs of teasing, but there was none. 

 

“But that doesn’t mean that you have never had anyone before me though... I mean it’s kinda hard to believe... Since you know you are...”

“I am what?” 

“You are... ARGH DON’T MAKE ME SAY IT”

 

Minho laughed hard at his flustered little husband. 

 

“I mean I tried to- Uh uh, I. said. I tried to...” Minho explained when he saw Taemin about to blow up again at his words. 

“But I couldn’t... My heart wouldn’t work that way for anyone else...”

“...”

“Hmmm wait maybe I do-“

“YOU SAID-“

“Haha! I was just pulling your leg, nope Lee Taemin you are my first and will be my last, got that clear?” 

 

Taemin was a whole lump of redness right now and went back to being the shy little husband he was the whole day. The older pulled the younger in for a tight hug which Taemin naturally returns. He couldn’t express how much he is feeling right now, to be able to finally pour everything out that he has kept only to himself for years, to the right person.

 

One thing he is sure of is that this ball of cuteness in his arms at the moment, he wishes to have it for life. 

 

“Yeobo~” Minho called and that made Taemin look up before Minho leaned in to seal the deal.

 


-End- 

 

(Special chapters will be here soon~!)

 

- 2MIN4EVER