4. I Am Getting Used to This... and to You

My First, My Last

Hello~! 

I saw all the comments that you guys left under the comments section and I really appreciate them! 

Thank you for loving the story~

 


 

 

To minimize movements for Taemin, the young couple had a stay-in Sunday. Minho made lunch while Taemin was lying on the couch with his phone, a little frown appearing on his forehead because of the Candy Crush game level that he has spent a week trying to crack it.

 

“Damn it! Come on I just need 3 more moves and I’m done with this level! Come! On- AHWOO” as the smaller called out due to the pain from his leg that he triggered with his frustration.

 

“WHY WHY WHY TAEMIN WHAT HAPPENED” came Minho running in his mint apron, his eyes widen.

 

“Ahwoo... I’m okay just... still trying to get used to this pain in the leg I have to live with for quite some time... Haha...!” 

“TAEMIN! You made my heart dropped back there! Can you please! Take care of yourself! While I make us lunch??”

 

Minho was furious.

 

Taemin kept silent. This was the first time he has ever seen Minho so mad. 

 

“I am sorry, okay...” calming his trembling heart down before slowly making his way to their bedroom, refuse to even take a look at Minho at all. 

 

“Taemin...” ignored the younger.

 

 

.

.


Minho soon finished setting up the table before walking to their bedroom to get his small husband. 

 

“Choi Minho, you idiot,” Minho scolded himself before as slowly as he could, he turned the handle of their bedroom door and entered to see a lump under their blanket.

 

He slowly made his way up their bed as careful as he could before placing a hand on his younger husband’s arm over the blanket. 

 

“Taemin-ah...” 

No respond. 

 

“Sleeping...?” 

Silence. 

 

Minho could see the quick flickering of his husband’s eyelashes from the side.

 

“I guess Taemin is asleep... Maybe if I do this, he would probably not know too since he is sleeping...” whispered Minho by Taemin’s ear. 

 

Minho slowly moved closer to his husband’s cheek, about to tease the younger with a light blow to tickle him when Taemin flipped over

 

“Hmph” Taemin held his breath the moment a pair of lips landed on his. Both pair of eyes gradually widens as they stared at each other before Taemin literally jumped and hit his head against their bed rest while Minho hopped off the bed.

 

“AHWOO” screamed Taemin as he held his head.

 

“Oh my god Taemin!” exclaimed the older before finding himself taking his small husband’s head into his arms as he gave the hardest rub he could to prevent it from getting swollen. 

 

Instead of the pain he should be feeling, another feeling took its place in Taemin’s mind.

 

He is in Minho’s arms. They just kissed... It was Taemin’s first kiss... And it was with Minho... Minho stole his first kiss.  

 

“You!” as he pushed Minho away that made the older fell off their bed. 

 

“What? asked Minho peeking up from the ground.


Minho saw Taemin pinching his lips and recalled what just happened a few minutes ago. 

 

“Oh my god, what have I done...” thought Minho with a stunned expression on his face before recalling the feeling of the younger’s lips on his.

 

It was soft and most importantly...he liked it.

 

 

.

.


Seeing as to how Taemin was just sitting there, seemingly deep in thought, Minho could guess that his husband was not totally hating it or else he would have lost his hair by now. Going by his instinct, Minho climbed up to their bed.

 

“Taemin...” he called out. 

No respond. 

 

“Taemin... Are you... like angry...?” 

Nothing either. 

 

“Well, if you don’t respond again, I guess I will have to do the same thing-“

 

“NO WAY YOU ARE TAKING MY SECOND KISS AWAY!” Taemin exclaimed before using his hands to cover his mouth.

 

“Second kiss...? Oh... That was... Your first?” asked Minho with a hint of happiness in his tone.

“And you are proud about it?? Well done, Choi Minho! How could you-“ 

“Why can’t I?”

“Who said you could??” 

“The law says I can.” 

“The law-“ 

 

Right. Minho is legally his husband.

 

Taking Taemin’s silence as an opportunity to soothe out their fight, Minho took the younger into his arms again before carrying him out to their kitchen. No words were exchanged throughout lunch, mostly because both of their minds were busy reminding them about the kiss before.

 

The whole afternoon was awkward. In fact, awkward was an understatement. 

 

Taking the extreme ends on their living room couch, they just watched, or more like staring at whatever that was going on in the rectangular screen.

 

It was only when Minho heard a soft breathing to his left that he knew it was safe enough to take a glance at his small husband that fell asleep amongst the silence. 

 

.

.

 

Taemin woke up to an aroma coming from the kitchen and it was already dark outside. Minho heard a loud yawn before looking over to see Taemin rubbing his eyes, sleep still lingering around him. 

 

“You awake? Nice timing, I was just about done with dinner”

 

Taemin was about to get up when he realized his legs were still asleep.

 

“I-I will eat in a-a while.”

 

“Hmm? Why would you? Eat it when it’s still hot, come on” while Minho transfers the eggs to a plate before bringing it over to their table. 

 

“I-I am not hungry yet...”

“I am sure it’s about time you are. It was hours since you eat.”

“...Ican’tmove...”

“Wh-”

“I. Can’t. Move.”

“WHY? WHAT HAPPENED YOUR LEGS ARE HURTING AGAIN?? HOSPITAL!!! HOSPITAL!!!” while Minho ran to Taemin’s side in a flash.

“MINHO. CALM DOWN. My legs are just... asleep...” 

 

Minho stared at him before glancing down to his leg cast again. 

 

“Oh... You should have said so earlier...”

 

After carrying Taemin to take his seat at their dining table, Minho realized how deep in thought the younger was when he was just poking his chopsticks into his bowl of rice. Minho didn’t want to pry but he just can’t help it.

 

“You can tell me you know... Whatever that is on your mind... That is bothering you...” 

 

Taemin didn’t realize he was out of it until he heard Minho. 

 

“Wh-what? Oh... It’s just... I am just worried about school tomorrow... This,” pointed to his cast, “is really hard to move in.”

 

“I got your back, don’t worry” Minho assured, even more glad at the fact that they share the same class now.

 

After making sure they have everything they need for school tomorrow, the young couple went to bed with hints of shyness lingering in the air. 

 

“Night, Taem”

“N-night”

 

.

.

 

Monday morning greets. 5:25 am when the alarm sets off to wake up the two sleepyheads. 

 

Hardly able to open his eyes, he felt a sense of ticklish under his jaw. That tickle came in a form of a boy’s hair. More specifically, Taemin’s hair.

 

Minho’s eyes widened to its fullest in a heartbeat before looking downwards to see Taemin in his arms. No one knew what happened during the night but Taemin is now, in his arms, wriggling a little at his refusal to wake up.

 

Taemin started to fidget more when he realized his movement was limited by something... or someone. Slowly opening up his eyes, only to see Minho’s lips just a few centimeters away from him.

 

Before Taemin could react, Minho lifted his arm that was on his younger husband. 

 

“I-I am s-sorry” before dashing off to the bathroom in a flash. 

 

If he had only stayed a little longer, he would have personally witnessed the blush that was slowly forming on Taemin’s cheeks.

 

.

.

 

Their walk to school was quiet as most of the focus was placed on Taemin’s injured leg. Taemin had his arm over Minho’s shoulders the whole way and only when they were able to see their school gate did the pair of crutches Minho carried in his other hand was being put to use.

 

“You sure you okay?”

“I should be? I mean I have to... I am on my own now since we are at school...”

“You are not, you have me.”

“But no one else is supposed to know that ‘I have you’ right? Remember?” 

 

A little struggle with his crutches, Taemin made his way through the gates.

 

The mumblings that sounded from his classroom as Taemin made his way to the door could be heard from miles away. That immediately died down the moment they heard the door opening to reveal a Taemin with a pair of crutches and a leg cast.

 

Ignoring the stares, Taemin made his way to his table at the back. Some showed genuine concerned looking expression while some... just couldn’t let it go. One of the girls’ that landed Taemin in his current state decided to stretch at the moment Taemin walked pass.

 

Due to the sudden interruption, Taemin lost his balance to avoid the girl’s arm. However, the fall didn’t come but instead, he felt a pair of hands holding onto him by his arms. 

 

“You okay?” Minho asked in a low voice, loud enough for Taemin to hear. 

“Y-Yes...”

 

Minho was right on time to see how the girl that nearly made Taemin fall, side-eyed his husband, waiting for the right time to stretch. Minho was boiling on the inside but Taemin was the priority at the moment as he helped the younger to his seat.

 

.

.


Break time came and Taemin didn’t really want to go all the way down to the cafeteria that would take him 30 minutes and another 30 minutes back when they only have an hour’s break. 

 

“Let’s go” he heard Minho.

“Hmm? Let’s go? With me? To where?”

“Does it seemed to you that there are other students left here?” turning right and left to indicate the empty classroom. 

“‘With you?’ What kind of question is that? Not with you then who? ‘To where?’ Break of course!”

“Where are your friends? Don’t you normally have your meals with your friends? And, I don’t really want to anywhere with my state right now, it’s tiring..” 

“I sent them off and I would have guessed so since you showed no signs of moving at all. So we are going somewhere else.”

 

Thanks to the empty hallway, Minho was able to help Taemin all the way to the ‘somewhere else’ he was referring to. It was a room at the corner of their building. 

 

“This is the old basketball room and other than the principal and me who has the key, no one comes here anymore.”

 

Minho retrieved the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door before helping Taemin in. After Taemin was settled down on a chair, Minho went off to their cafeteria to get them food. Taemin took this time to observe the room he was in. It was not that big, but cozy.

 

“Here’s your pork cutlet and this is mine”

 

“Wait you are having rice noodles? Can we exchange? Let’s exchange!” went Taemin when he saw Minho blowing into his noodles.

 

“We can just share then” before Minho started to scoop some noodles for Taemin.

 

Minho proceeded to cut the pork cutlets while Taemin digs in. 

 

“Is this how a date feels like...” thought Taemin as he looks at Minho who was so focused in his cutting.

 

“Eat up!” announced Minho once he was done before placing a piece of the pork cutlet on his husband’s dish.

 

.

.

 

The rest of the week passed by with the young couple spending their break time together and it soon became a routine. They would head to school together, separated at the school gates and reunited at exactly where they parted ways after school.

 

It was during right before break time on Friday when their P.E teacher dropped by to tell the class that he will be expecting them at the basketball court today.

 

“And Taemin? You can just call it a day after your lessons end.”


Minho and Taemin were in their usual break time room when Minho asked, “You can manage your way home yourself?” while munching on his cheeseburger. 

 

This was when Taemin realized that he won’t be going home with Minho today because he was permitted to leave early.

 

The first thought that went through his mind was, “I don’t want to go home alone” that he let it slipped out of his mouth. 

 

“Oh.” 

“A-ah I mean it’s going to be very difficult for me to go home myself, don’t you think so?” while avoiding the glance Minho was having on him.

“But I can’t go home together with you though I still have P.E-“

“I will wait.” 

 

Taemin was turning into a tomato at every sentence of his response. 

 

Minho was trying to hold in the happiness that was grumbling in him before smilingly went, “Okay, we‘ll go home together then.”

 

Taemin arrived at the basketball court earlier than his classmates who went to change before he could slowly see them strolling him one by one into the court. Eyes fixed at the entrance before he saw who he was looking for. Minho, in his basketball jersey.

 

Taemin had never once seen Minho in his jersey but he is glad that he did now. Minho’s muscles and shoulder line looked beautiful with the jersey and with the hairband he wore to keep his hair neat, Taemin couldn’t stop staring.

Taemin met eyes with Minho from his bench when the latter was scanning the court to find him before letting a smile that made Taemin heart skipped a beat when Minho found him.

 

The class was spilt into half and Taemin can’t help but roll his eyes at every scream the girls made when Minho got the ball or did a pass. 

 

“Minho’s ear is going to bleed at this rate... Argh... ”

 

Other than that, Taemin was deep in the game, more on Minho actually and before he knew, the game and the class has come to an end. As the school’s basketball team captain, Minho‘s speedy moves earned his team their win.


Taemin waited for Minho at their usual spot by the school gates as Minho got changed.

 

“Taemin!” called out Minho the moment he saw Taemin before he even stepped out of the school compound. 

 

“What do you think you are doing??” whispered Taemin harshly when Minho reached him.

 

“Do you want the whole world to know that we are married??” whispered Taemin again. 

 

“I was just... happy to see you...? And besides, I only called your name...” a pout immediately formed on Minho’s face. 

 

Right, he was just calling my name, thought Taemin.

 

“Sorry, I guess I got too sensitive-“ when he recalled the first part of Minho’s sentence. 

 

'I was just... happy to see you...'” recalled Taemin and soon his gaze turned soft as he turned to look at his husband who was still pouting like a kicked puppy.

 

Taemin nudged Minho with his pair of crutches when the older looked up. The younger placed his own arm over his husband’s shoulder before taking Minho’s arm over his waist. Minho was left flustered at the touches. 

 

“Home we go!” cheered the younger.

 

.

.

 


Minho was preparing their dinner when Taemin called out from the living room while going through his bag. 

 

“Oh right, we have a class field trip 2 weeks from now... Minho, are you going?”

“Taemin... It’s a class field trip... It’s compulsory...” 

“Oh really? Damn...”

“I guess it would be fun?”

“Ya right... Fun...”

 

In fact, Minho can’t wait for the field trip. It’s his first field trip with Taemin. 

 

“Wait, oh my god. Minho! Oh my god!” 

 

Minho dashed to the living room in a blink. 

 

“What?? Why??” looking around to see if Taemin was hurt.


“We need to fill in our address!! ADD. RESS!!” Taemin frantically waved the paper in his hands. 

 

Minho retrieved the paper from Taemin’s hand and saw what his husband was panicking about.

 

“Oh...” the address. THEIR address.

 

Minho knew that having them writing the same address would basically be telling everyone that they are living together but if they were to write a different address, it won’t match the school’s system either. 

 

“We can’t not write our real address...” pondered Minho.

 

“So let’s just make sure that we hand in this form separately and not back to back. Sure... No one would notice... right?” Minho voiced out. 

 

Taemin definitely looked stressed out because of this but he can’t help but go with what Minho said. 

 

.

.

 

It’s common to feel nervous when handing up your exam papers but this wasn’t their exam papers but a field trip form and the young couple was about to freak out in their seats. They made sure one of their forms were slotted in between the pile and the other right at the bottom.

 

They gave each other a firm nod before passing on the pile to the next person. 

 

.

.

 

The day went on with the worry is gone and the form forgotten until...

 

“Choi Minho? Lee Taemin?” called their homeroom teacher the next morning.

 

“Yes?” they both responded in sync

 

Immediately, all eyes were on them. 

 

They have no idea why they were pointed out but the attention that they were getting just welcomed the nervousness back.

 

“Who copied who?” 

 

Oh god, the field trip form. 

 

“Taemin why do you even need to copy someone’s home address?” asked the teacher, clearly jumped into a conclusion that it was Taemin who copied.

 

“It’s just an address. How is that so difficult for you to do it yourself? Do you really have to make things hard for everyone?” 

 

Mumbles sounded the room with judging stares from the busybodies. 

 

“Do you want to be sent to detention or do you want to correct it this instant?”

 

Taemin was lost. He can’t scream that it was indeed his address in front of the whole class neither does he want to be sent to detention. Minho couldn’t bear to look at the fear that was on his husband’s face and definitely was not about to let these idiots shame him.

 

Taemin retrieved his crutches from the floor and stood up from his seats to proceed to the front. 

 

Before he could walk any further, he felt a hand grabbing his wrist, making him stay in place.

 

“Minho...” the moment he saw who does that hand belongs to.

 

Minho stood up from his seat, hand still not leaving Taemin’s wrist.

 

“Taemin didn’t copy”

“... Are you trying to say that you did then?”

“Neither did I. We live together” 

 

“Minho...” called out Taemin, clearly didn’t see it coming.

 

“What do you mean you live together-"

“We are married”

 

The classroom turned silent.

 

“What? What nonsense are you talking-“

“You can proceed to check the school system or ask the principal if you need solid proof.”

 

Always known to be a model student, this Minho was new.

 

Minho and Taemin sat back down onto their seats while the teacher went to check with the office. The class remained silent during the absence of their teacher minus a few who couldn’t keep their mouth and eyes to themselves.

 

Minho had Taemin’s hands in his and the younger didn’t pull back at all, instead he felt safe. Minho had his eyes only on his husband with his back against the class.

 

“It’s going to be fine, we didn’t do anything wrong.” 

“Hmm..."

 

.

.


The attention was back to the front when a door opening sound could be heard.

 

“So it’s true...” said the teacher with her eyes fully focused on the young couple at the back of the class. 

 

“I believe Taemin was clearly, falsely accused teacher,” 

“Taemin, I am sorry.”

 

.

.


Soon, word spread and by the end of break time, not a single person was not aware of the married couple in the school.  Minho was kinda glad that the fact was now out so he could openly care for his husband and not afraid of getting caught.

 

Minho moved his table next to Taemin and was basically sticking to the younger 24/7 from then on. Taemin was kinda afraid at first but after the care and love he could feel from his husband, he was constantly in a shy and fluttering mess.

 

.

.


Class went by and soon school was done for the day. With their relationship now known, Minho no longer has to leave the classroom later than Taemin or do they need to do their routine reunion at the school gate.

 

If the attention they got in class was a toast, the attention they got just from the walk from their classroom to the school gate was a foot-long subway. Mumbles filled the hallway while stares were sent their way, obvious that they were waiting to witness it themselves.

 

Taemin was on both his crutches while Minho had both of their bags. Unlike Minho who is used to the attention, Taemin could literally hear most of the comments, word by word.

 

“Sure it’s for the money”

“Bet Taemin forced Minho into this”

“Minho ended up with someone like him?”

 

It was tough trying not to mind them when they sounded as clear as a summer day sky to him. Not one who is good at controlling his expression, Minho could see the sunken look on his husband’s face.

 

Minho puts his focus a little on the mumblings he could hear to only get fired up inside when he realized what they were actually saying. Lips pressed into a thin line, Minho stopped in his tracks to have Taemin looking over from a few steps ahead to wonder why he stopped.

 

Minho dropped down to tie his shoelaces that obviously doesn’t need a re-tie. 

Nothing Minho does was predictable to Taemin and what he did at that very moment easily topped the list. 

 

“Yeobo!” shouted Minho as he looked up from his spot.

 

Taemin’s jaw went wide opened along with his pair of eyes. Before the younger could even register and respond, Minho was up on his feet again. 

 

“Yeobo! Wait for me!” and Taemin could only stare when Minho jogged a little to rejoin him. 

[Yeobo: Term of endearment, ‘Honey’]

 

Taemin could hear a few gasps down the hallway when Minho was making his way to him. Minho gave his signature smile when Taemin was literally staring at him, still dazed at what happened. 

 

“Yeobo” called Minho once more while looking at his husband and only at him.

 

Taemin would be lying if he said he was anywhere near angry. He was shocked yes, but not mad. 

 

In fact, he was really trying to process and think how was he supposed to respond to this. Seeing as to how Minho showed no intention to move, Taemin figured that it’s his turn.

 

That 5 second felt like 5 long hours to Minho as he tried to read Taemin’s expression. 

 

“Was that a bad choice...” thought Minho as he felt a sense of panic greeting him until...

 

“Y-yeob-bo” he heard in a small voice while reading the lips where the voice came from.

 

Taemin was calling him. His husband was calling him and... He was freaking stoning right now. 

 

“Y-Yeobo,” he heard the voice again. 

 

"Oh? Oh! Le-let’s go” and Minho took one of Taemin’s crutches in his hands before having the younger’s arm over his shoulder.

 

Thinking that that was enough to prove that their marriage was nothing near to numbers neither was this a forced thing(at least not his side), Minho supported his husband out of their school.

 

‘Yeobo’ in Taemin’s voice was the only thing that filled his mind the whole way home.

 

.

.


Minho noticed that Taemin was quiet all the way and couldn’t help but starting to get worried if it was because of what happened at school today. Taemin didn’t react badly but silence was what Minho couldn’t bear.

 

Seated at their dining table, Taemin was chewing on his meat when he could feel not-really-subtle glances coming directly from the person seated in front of him.

 

“Minho” 

“U-uh?”

“Are you okay? Is there something you want to say to me?“

 

Taemin asked while looking at Minho with a genuine curious look on his face.

 

“....” Minho definitely looked like he has something he wants to say but not saying.

“So? Are you going to say it or are you just going to peek at me throughout dinner?”

“I-I didn’t m-mean to-“

 

“So?” Taemin prompted again, now with a palm supporting his jaw on the table as he had his focus fully on his husband.

 

Letting out a breath he was holding, Minho adjusted his chair so he could lean closer to Taemin over the table.

 

“I am sorry for all the rush decisions and things that I made and caused today at school. I know I should have discussed this with you first before doing it my own way b-but at that moment, they were all too mean to say those things to you! And I j-just couldn’t let it go without doing anything. You are my husband and your well-being comes before anything. I know you may feel uncomfortable with me sticking so close to you and calling you... ‘Y-yeobo’ but I just couldn’t let them see you in that light when you are the purest, cutest, loveliest, precious thing that has ever happened to me. I am sorry Taemin it’s okay if you want to get mad at me and keep a distance from me but please don’t ignore me... I can’t-“

 

“So you think I am cute?”

“W-what..?”

 

Seeing as to how flustered Minho was at that moment, Taemin now supports his jaw with both palms and did a speed blinking while looking at the older. 

 

“And you think I am precious too?”

 

After the long dialogue he just said in one breath, Taemin actually only caught that part.

 

“N-no, I-I mean I am trying to say that I am sorry-“

“So I am not cute neither precious?” asked Taemin deadpanned as he leaned back into his chair, arms crossed. 

“YOU ARE!! I-I mean y-you are... Just that that wasn’t what I was trying to say...”

 

Clearly finding this whole conversation interesting and adorable, Taemin decided to tease Minho, who had his eyes set on his plate at the moment.

 

“Yeobo?” called out Taemin as he curved slightly, wanting to look at Minho.

 

Minho instantly looked up, with both eyes widen.

 

“Yeobo~?” called out Taemin again when he got Minho’s eyes on him. 

 

“Ha... I am sorry... I know I shouldn’t have-“

“Are you saying that you regret it?” 

“... I don’t...”

“Then say it again” prompted Taemin.

 

Okay....? Minho thought with his eyes fixed on his younger husband. It doesn’t look like Taemin was teasing him neither does he looked like he was testing him. 

 

“Y-yeobo...?”

“Yeobo!” responded Taemin in higher tone now, with a wide smile, eyes still not leaving Minho.

 

“Taemin? Why are you doing this...” asked Minho when they resumed their meal. 

 

“Doing what?” Taemin responded with his hands working on his food. 

 

“This... All of this...” 

 

“I don’t get you Minho” Taemin finally looked up with his mouth full.

 

“Hmm...” Minho let out a long breath before putting down the spoon in his hand before repositioning his posture.

 

“Guess it’s now or nothing,” thought Minho before he started.


“You, being... like this... Being okay with this marriage... You, being so sweet, you being okay with me, living with me, looking at me... Instead of rejecting me, divorcing me... hating me...” Minho was at the brim of breaking down, he didn’t know he had this much piled in him.

 

Minho didn’t dare to look up not until a pair of smaller hands landed on his bigger ones. The moment Minho looked up, the older felt the pair of hands repositioned itself by both his cheeks, holding onto it.

 

All Minho could see was the love of his life looking at him with a gaze he couldn’t quite put a word to it before a pair of the softest lips landed on his. 

 

“Do you normally do this with your eyes opened...?” asked Taemin when he pulled away, just to enough to talk to Minho.

 

Minho didn’t realize his husband was talking to him, not when his heart was so close at popping out from his mouth at that moment. Taemin went in for another peck on his husband’s lips, loving the flustered face before leaning back into his seat.

 

“Now, I have mute husband...?”

 

Coming back to reality, Minho immediately held a palm in front of his lips, looking really surprised. 

 

“Why did you-“

“Do you not like it?”

“NO! N-no, just that I thought you hate me...”

“So you kiss someone you hate? Cause I don’t though-“ said Taemin, eyes fixed on Minho.

“Of course not! I would never!” exclaimed Minho as he stood up from his seat. 

 

Taemin was really enjoying the effect he has on his husband. 

 

“Okay okay sit down and finish up your food, Yeobo” as he resumed his meal. 

 

Minho couldn’t really digest what he was eating.

 

Other than the few glances they stole from each other with Taemin having a smug look on his face and Minho who didn’t bother to hide his flustered look, the dinner ended peacefully.

 

.

.


Nervous was an understatement to what Minho was feeling at that moment. Minho didn’t spend one more second at the table after having his last bite before standing up to bring the plates to the sink. He avoided all the stares Taemin was giving him and started running the water.

 

At the rate of how Minho was doing with his scrubbing, it won’t be surprising to see a hole in the middle of the plate. 

 

Minho heard the chair scraping across the floor behind him before a plate was being added into the sink as he felt a warmth radiating from the other person.

 

Taemin was standing unnecessarily close and didn’t move off immediately even after he was done clearing his plate. mInstead, Minho was glad that he managed to put the plate down on time because Taemin decided to tip-toe himself up on one leg to leave Minho a peck on his cheek.

 

Minho froze in place with the water still running in the background. 

 

“You-“

“Thank you, Yeobo~” cheered Taemin before proceeding off to wash up. 

 

Holding onto his kissed cheek, Minho was determined to make things clear with his husband as it’s now or never.

 

.

.

 

Minho waited for Taemin on their bed while trying to tidy things up in his head on what he was going to say to the younger. 

 

“Taemin... I think... No... You might not... Argh.. Nooo... Taemin-“ 

“Yes?” 

 

Minho was so engrossed in his lines that he missed the door opening.

 

“You called me?”

 

Minho immediately looked away when he realized Taemin was just in a towel wrapped around his waist. 

 

“U-Uh, I will wait ou-outside-“

“For what?”

“S-so that you can ch-change...”

“But you have seen everything the last time I fell though? Besides we are a married couple, what’s there to hide?” 

 

Taking Minho’s no-response as an ‘understood’ sign, Taemin proceeded to change his clothes and the older thought that he should use his time well.

 

"Now where’s my grey boxer...”

“Found it!

“It’s at the bottom second drawer to your right. Erm, Taemin?”

“Ya? Where is my blue-striped pajamas-”

“Taemin?”

Eye-level left drawer. So I was thinking...”

“Ah ha!”

“Taemin-”

“I know what you are going to say Minho”

 

Minho was taken aback with Taemin’s respond. 

 

“You do?"

“It’s about the kisses I gave you today, isn’t it? You are uncomfortable about it, aren’t you? I went over the line?” 

“No! T-that’s not it... In fact, I love them... Every one of them...” 

 

Minho’s voice softened.

 

“I love them so much that I am really afraid that this is all just a moment kind of thing. I don’t want to have these now and lose them the next second. I just want to know... I just want to know how do you exactly feel about me right now... How-”

“I love you.”

“What? Taemin, like I said if this is just a moment kind of thing you are feeling... please... don’t do this to me... I really don’t wanna-“ 

“But I am starting to love you...”

“Are you sure that’s love you are feeling for me? And not just a sense of comfort at the moment?"

“I-I...”

 

Minho’s heartdrop at Taemin’s hesitation but he really couldn’t blame the younger because it was indeed because of him that they are in this marriage. 

 

“I think we need time... and distance too,” said Minho before he was out of the bedroom.