.06

in the name of love

Jennie POV:

 

Although they were on speaking terms now, Jennie remained dedicated to her everyday routine of arriving earlier to school to secretly admire Hanbin. 

 

Like every other day, Jennie comes in early to find the sleeping Hanbin in his corner with his window open.

 

Unlike all the other days, however, she’s braver. 

 

Every morning since then, she approaches Hanbin while he’s asleep and does what she had always yearned to do. She slowly reaches out and ruffles his hair around before sweeping the hair that was covering his face to the side. It was as how she imagined his hair to be, light and fluffy, as she plays with the slight curled ends. 

 

Her courage was met with extreme sensitivity to noises, and was always careful to move back over to her desk before anyone else came in walking through the classroom. Before roll call took place which initiated the school day, Jennie would now manage to sneak in a ‘Good Morning’ to him, and he would nod back in response from his desk. 

 

 

 

 

On one rather windy day… 

 

Despite the upturn of the swirling winds, making the windows rattle and clutter against each other, Hanbin still had the windows open and was motionless as ever. As usual he had his head rested on his arms despite all the noise. Jennie who quietly settled down in the seat in front of him, was stuck in a trance, admiring Hanbin’s defined features that were prominent even while he was asleep. 

 

Stray withered leaves from the nearby tree had snuck through the window and landed on Hanbin’s head. Jennie smiles at the new addition to Hanbin’s nest of hair and removes the stray leaf. Jennie begins to the remaining dry little remnants of leaf out from his soft black locks of hair and continues fiddling around with it even after the remnants were all removed. 

 

 

“Is my hair that fun to play with?” a familiar tone mumbled, as Hanbin slowly rises from his arm pillow and desk.

 

Jennie’s heart drops, and the pounding drum in her chest started beating ever so strongly, as if it would burst. Jennie quickly hides her hands behind her back and her cheeks turn another shade of crimson, as she bites her lower lip - she racks her mind to think of an excuse - any excuse.  

 

A whirl of wind suddenly streams through the window, enough to dismantle both Hanbin and Jennie’s hair.

Jennie closes her eyes out of reflex and attempts to tidy her now unkempt hair by wrapping some loose hairs around her ear.

 

Along with the rattling of the windows and the slight rustle of the trees in the distance, Jennie hears a low voice say:

 

“Yours is nice to play with too” 

 

Her attention shifts to Hanbin and she sees a familiar hand gently and running through Jennie’s strands of hair ends. Her focus shifts from Hanbin’s fingers to his face. 

 

A slow, warm smile forms on his face as he continues playing with her hair.

 

 

Jennie could feel her heart beating even faster, it was so loud in her mind it echoed throughout the room. 

 

 

 

//

 

 

Hanbin POV:

 

Hanbin was neither a deep or light sleeper. But the rattling of the windows that one morning was so destructive that he regains consciousness during his routine nap and feels something - or rather someone - touching his hair. 

 

And he freezes up. 

 

Despite his cold exterior, Hanbin disliked confrontations and he hated having to reject people. He was never a quick-to-react type of guy either, and so he makes a conscious decision to deliberately remain completely still and proceeds to peer through his lashes to see who the culprit was. To his surprise, he sees a familiar face. Through his slightly-opened eye and lashes, he sees Jennie with a soft upturned smile with moon-crescent-formed eyes as she carefully and slowly through his locks of hair. 

 

Intrigued by the sight, he remains motionless for a few more minutes before interrupting her:

 

“Is my hair that fun to play with?” He cheekily asks in a slightly muffled voice as he was still resting on his arms. He chuckles under his breath and slyly grins at the flustered Jennie in front of him, whom was clearly rattled by the fact that she was caught.

 

Hanbin slowly sits up and leans towards the girl before him. He rests his right elbow on the edge of the front of his desk before resting his chin on his palm. Hanbin observes the slight backward flinch and fights back his urge to laugh before a gust of wind blows through the window next to him, further rattling the windowsill and blowing Jennie’s untied, long straight hair around.  

 

As Jennie attempts to organise her now-disarrayed hair strands out of the way, a couple of hair strands are blown in front of Hanbin. He reaches out towards the loose strands with his free hand and gently fondles around with her ends.  

 

Appreciating the softer velvety texture, Hanbin teasingly says: 

“Yours is nice to play with too” 

 

 

Hanbin continues gently running his hands through her hair for quite some time before Jennie returns her seat, in a new shade of bright red. 

 

 

 

 

 

/