6

The Red Hood

Joohyun thinks today is the day she laugh the most in this year.  It is fascinating how the human does all those juggling and jumping from one swing to another swing without having power and magic. She can jump like that, only in her rabbit form, but not if the swing is very far from the ground. Her eyes however, sometimes, just sometimes, her vision will swing sideways to the girl who brought her here spontaneously.

The girl is holding a bag of snacks in her lap, not wanting to let the opportunity of introducing the taste of human food to her.

She lets out a gasp when a tiger was about to jump across the fire ring. Her heart starts beating again when the tiger succeed, she lets out a huge breath and suddenly found her hand holding at Wendy’s arm. She looks over to the owner of the arm and found herself looking at a teasing smile from the latter. Heat rushes to her neck and cheek, she remembered her hand is still holding the arm so quickly she let go. Her hand was however, grip by Wendy, she looks back at the girl, wondering what she is doing, and found her hand placed with another snack, and the girl gave her a wink before turning her attention back to the performance.

The performance ended and there wasn’t much time left before the park closes. And since Joohyun is very against about the fast rides, she suggested that they can try the ferris wheel.

“It’s very slow and you get to see the view from up there.” Wendy said.  

Wendy can see the hesitation in the girl because of the lip bite and some quick blinks of her eyebrow. She was about to retract her suggestion and apologize but she was beaten to it by a meek ‘okay’ from the girl. She doubt she could hear it if she did not had her full attention on Joohyun.

“Are you sure?” Wendy asked. “We can just do other thing if you don’t want to,” she explained, “like, more snacks!” she showed the bag of snacks she have been holding all the time. It is not yet half of them been consumed but who would ever complain having extra snacks?

She is not sure if that sentence has ignite the petty fire in the bunny girl. Joohyun is now staring right into her, “let’s do it.” Wendy shudder with how resoluted the gaze from the girl, she just hope her voice didn’t stutter much when she replied.

K98XotA.png

The duration from the bottom till the top is not that long. Wendy keeps her view outside the wheel but secretly she has been discreetly observing Joohyun since the wheel started to move. It was fine at the beginning but as their capsule rose higher and higher, her hands curled into fists and she looked up to the sky instead of the scene down there.

Wendy bit her lip. This wasn't what she intended when she suggested the ferris wheel. Gathering the thumps on her heart, she reaches for Joohyun’s fists, slowly rubbing them, she did not look up if she has felt the questioning gaze from the girl.  She got a nice hand, slender and long… “You are very warm.” commented the bunny girl. “Can I… hug you?”

Wendy nodded. She went to sit beside Joohyun, opening her arm as the bunny girl slide into her. Shiver went down on her when she felt the whole body of Joohyun is cold and she felt inconsiderate for bring her out at night. She then remember why she started the hand rubbing at the first place. “You can try to look down if you want to, I’ll hold you.” She whispers as she tighten her arms around Joohyun.

 

A/N: Happy New Year :D