9

The Red Hood

Joohyun chasticized herself for being careless about the symptoms of the cardiac arrest and let herself relax.  When she retract herself from Wendy’s hug, the loss of warmth can’t be compared to the anxiety she’s having when Wendy didn’t have any respond to it.

Wendy doesn’t have breath left and so does her heart beat.  

She doesn’t even have time for the grim reaper which is now sitting at the opposite of the capsule with a new face she never saw.

If the grim reaper is here then she has no more time to spare.

K98XotA.png

“I want to repay Wendy!” little Joohyun said.

“But sweetheart, she doesn’t even live long enough for you to repay her anything?” Sooyoung brushed Joohyun’s head, for a dragon for her ferocious reputation among the forest, she treated the daughter of her friend full of gentle, like a mother to her child. In her opinion, the savior of her daughter doesn’t have a long life line. What can Joohyun do to repay the girl when there is no one to repay?

“What do you mean, aunt Sooyoung?”

“Wendy girl will not be able to live long enough for you to even repay her, she will die to cardiac arrest when she was 20 years old. Her borned weak heart condition will not get better any soon.” Sooyoung shakes her head.

“Joo-joohyun can save her!” stutter but firm, little Joohyun doesn’t know how, but she  doesn’t want her Wendy to die so early. Wendy is kind and she shall enjoy her life fully before it ends. 20 is too early, it would just feel like few weeks if Joohyun were to describe them.  

Taeyeon looked at her sweet little girl. She knew how stubborn her baby girl is and she knew there is no way to stop her if Joohyun really decided to sacrifice herself for Wendy.

K98XotA.png

“Wendy, Wendy.” Irene taps on Wendy’s cheeks. Her other hand placed at the neck to check for the pulses. There are none. Her heart sank upon the situation they are in, she are not even capable for bringing Wendy to hospital given the speed of the ferris wheel!

So this was what aunt Sooyoung meant when she said there is nothing Joohyun can do to help Wendy.

Her hand slides over and placed on top of Wendy’s heart. The heart has stopped moving and if Wendy’s soul came out her body after the memory replay there is no more way to revive her.

If the heart is the source of the problem.... I can just replace it…

Irene looked at Wendy, the face which is already pale gone paler, blood stopped pumping upward and all. She looked over to the grim reaper with no emotion on her face, with the new grim reaper who waits patiently with curious eyes.  

She didn’t think she was ever grateful that she can cast magic until now. She closed her eyes as she leaned close to Wendy, her lips pressed against Wendy’s as she cast the spell to gives her life essence to Wendy’s heart silently in her head. When the transfer is complete Joohyun heaved a deep sigh as she sluggishly slackened her body on Wendy’s. She didn’t have much energy left in her after she did that spell.

I guessed I did it.

That's the last thought when all energy flows out from her and pure might would not keep her conscious anymore.

K98XotA.png

Seulgi doesn’t know what to say for the scene unveiled in front of her. The girl surely not normal human if she can do this kind of spell. She sat there and waited as the scene went by as she is not to interfere with anything happened on the living world.

She looked as the exhausted woman became a light and fly further into the sky and wondered why a magical creature would even bother to save a human being but when Joohyun successfully transferred her life essence and the heart of her target was beating again she knew there is nothing for her to do here anymore. Taking the list from Eunae, she crossed Son Seung Wan from the list. She step out from the capsule door and disappeared into the abyss with her new assistant.

 

 

 

 

A/N: HAPPY WENRENE DAY AND CONGRATZ TO OUR BABY YERIM FOR REALEASE HER NEW SONG