2

The Red Hood

"Nana! I found a bunny, she is hurt!" little Wendy ran towards her house with stubby steps. easily jump between rocks on the river. In her arms there is a white bunny, blood stains on the white fur. Her eyes is shut closed, body slightly shivering as if she doesn't have any more energy left in her.

"NanaNanaNanaNana." little Wendy reached in front of her grandma who was gardening.

"Awwww poor kid." Wendy's grandma carefully took the bunny from her. Wendy sitting tentatively from a distance watching her grandma tend to the wounded bunny. She would run like a tornado whenever her grandma need some extra tools.

The bunny was still really weak after grandma's treatment. Little Wendy begged her grandma to teach her bandage the bunny.

It may looked funny how a wound on a small animal need bandage, little Wendy asked her grandma why do the bunny need the bandage. Grandma just smiled and said the bunny is really weak and need special herb for her to heal quickly.

Little Wendy nodded as she watched heedfully, observing how grandma pats the bunny’s bum when the bunny jolted as the bandage applied over her wounded area.

 

 

“You are getting better little bunny.” Wendy said as she applied the herbs on the bunny. She stopped when the bunny flinched, murmuring apologise as she applies it again in a softer gesture, barely touching the skin afterwards.

The bunny seemed to understand that Wendy was afraid that she might hurt her. She relaxed her stance and still for Wendy until she was bandaged.

Time past as a human and a bunny stay their position. Lights outside the house has been switched on. Snow falls again along with the blend of pink and purple cloud as the yellow light dimmed when the navy blue slowly blends in.

 

 

“Nana! The bunny is gone!”

Wendy cried all day. The bunny has gone while she left to take some snack but didn’t take the bunny along.

“They belong to the wild, maybe she miss her daddy and mummy, maybe her nana even? We don’t want to separate little bunny from her family right?” grandma asked.

Wendy nodded, sob ceased as grandma wipes the snort on her nose. Her eyes still brimmed sometimes whenever she thought that she will not see the bunny again.

 

AN:

Hello readers! This story has been in my draft for several months. Yet I have not complete the full story of this because- no motivation. As cliche and lazy as it sounds but I really posted this so I would get motivation to finally complete the story. I'm sorry if I didn't do a lot update because, well, they are still in my mind instead typed out. I'm having an assignment frenzy this following week and I hope I get through it. If any of you having the same phase, I wish you a good luck! :)