Silence

The Society [HIATUS]

 

Donghae stumbled into school that morning, cursing everything and everyone that crossed his path. He was NOT having a good morning. Not only did he have to go to a new school in a new part of the country, but he had no idea how to get there. He ran into a crazy Chinese guy on his way over here and nearly got hit by a bus. Luck really hated him today, didn’t it? The brunette sighed as he entered the building. At least he was here now. He walked down the empty hallways, wondering where everyone was. He glanced up at the clock at the end of the hallway and let out a string of very creative curses; he was twenty minutes late.

What a wonderful way to start your first day at your new school, Hae.  Good going.

Donghae ran blindly through the school. He had received his schedule in the mail the night before, but it wasn’t like he knew where he was going. He turned a corner and ran past a bathroom. As he ran, he could have sworn he heard something; a low groan of pain, from what Donghae could tell. As much as he wanted to just get to class Donghae found himself skidding to a halt and jogging backwards, heading back to the bathroom he had passed. The brunette found himself standing in front of the door, debating with himself whether or not he should go in; he was late to class already, but what if that person needed help? Donghae bit his lip and finally made up his mind. He pushed the door open and was met with the stench of vomit and blood - lots of it.

A teenager, not much older than himself, lay bloody and beaten under one of the sinks and Donghae rushed to his side without hesitation.  Donghae helped the other man sit up, worrying more about his condition than his class, that thought had been pushed to the deep recesses of his brain as worry and genuine concern crossed his handsome features.

The man groaned and hit Donghae, attempting to shove the man away. Donghae ignored the stinging pain in his nose and continued to try and help. The man hit him once, twice more. At the third time, Donghae caught the man’s wrist.

“Aish, will you cut that out? I’m trying to help you,” Donghae grumbled.

The man stopped fighting it and allowed Donghae to help him. Once the younger had made sure he wasn’t going to die from his wounds, Donghae allowed the other to breathe.

“Do you want me to take you to the nurse?” Donghae asked.
               
The man shook his head.

“Do you want me to bring you home?” Donghae tried again.

Another head shake. Donghae let out an exasperated sigh.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Leave me alone,” the man replied.

“In that condition, I think not. My name’s Donghae by the way.”

The other man didn’t reply, merely casting his gaze downward.

“What do you want Donghae?” The man seethed.

“To help you. Is that so hard to believe?” Donghae asked, puzzled.

“Yes.”

What has this guy been through? I’ve seen a lot, but this brutality....

“What’s your name?”

“None of your concern.”

“C’mon man, give me something to work with here!” Donghae sighed in exasperation.

The other man stared at him pointedly, dark eyes clouded with grief and pain.

“No,” the man replied adamantly.

Donghae pulled the other man forcibly to his feet, Leeteuk struggling in his grip, but too weak to do anything. Donghae slung his arm around the other man’s waist and held him upright, supporting most, if not all, of Leeteuk’s weight. Donghae led the injured man out of the bathroom and began to make his way down the hallway. He was leading blindly, but Donghae hoped that somehow his luck would turn around.

“Where are you taking me?” Leeteuk asked.

“The nurse.” Donghae replied curtly.

Leeteuk let out a small chuckle and Donghae raised an eyebrow.

“Why are you laughing?” Donghae asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

“Because the nurse’s office is the other way, you dolt.” Leeteuk replied.

Donghae pouted and turned around. He muttered an “I knew that” as they continued down the hallway.

As they walked, they passed a group of teenagers. Each one pointed and whispered as the two passed. Donghae shrugged off their stares. He was used to it.  He had already learned to let it roll of his back as best he could. They hobbled forward in silence, Leeteuk’s ragged and pained breathing the only thing making noise in the desolate hallway. Donghae let out a sigh of relief when he saw the sign for the nurse’s office and he steered Leeteuk towards it as he committed the directions to memory; he’d probably be coming here often with sports injuries and whatnot.

Donghae pushed past a blond teenager in an effort to get Leeteuk to the nurse’s attention as quickly as possible. The blond man stared after him in confusion, but said nothing as Donghae rushed past, cradling Leeteuk in his arms. The nurse caught sight of Leeteuk and immediately began to bark out instructions to Donghae.

“Hyukjae! Can you help us please?” the nurse called out to the blond.
               
The blond, Hyukjae, better known as Eunhyuk, nodded and walked over to the bed they had placed Leeteuk on. Eunhyuk waited for the nurse to give him instructions, still saying nothing as he waited patiently. The nurse would tell him or Donghae to find her this or that, and Eunhyuk obeyed every command given to him without verbal objection. He didn’t know why he stayed, but in a way, he was glad he did. It meant he didn’t have to go to class; didn’t have to deal with people asking him questions he refused to answer. After ten minutes of tending to the injured Leeteuk, the nurse finally released Eunhyuk and Donghae, giving them both passes to class.

Eunhyuk took the pass solemnly. He didn’t want to go back there. Donghae took the pass with a smile and offered his thanks to the nurse. He even asked if he could drop by later to visit Leeteuk. Eunhyuk scoffed and rolled his eyes. Why did this guy care so much?

Eunhyuk brushed past the smiling brunette, heading to class despite his obvious disdain for the idea. He walked through the silent hallways, completely aware of Donghae following him as he went.

“Hey, wait up!” Donghae called after him.

Eunhyuk pretended to not hear him, that he was oblivious to the younger man that was running after him. Donghae reached out to Eunhyuk, his hand catching the blond man’s shoulder, forcing Eunhyuk to stop walking. The blond turned to glare icily at the smiling brunette, wanting nothing more than to wipe that stupid, -eating grin off of his face.

“Thank you for helping back there. I’m Donghae,” Donghae said, introducing himself happily to the silent man.

Eunhyuk didn’t say anything, didn’t even blink; he showed no signs of having heard Donghae at all. Donghae tilted his head to the side in confusion as he stared at Eunhyuk. The older male brushed him off and kept walking, leaving a dumbfounded Donghae in his silent wake.   Eunhyuk just focused on getting to class. Hopefully people would leave him alone today; leave him in silence.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: HEY GUISEEEEEE!!!! SO I know a lot of you are prolly kinda pissed at me for GofC BUT I love you and so I wrote this (kinda ty in my humble opinion) *aegi-unnie invades and asks what the key umma is talking about cuz her humble opinion is seriously screwed up...cuz this chappie is amazing* *Key shoots Aegi-unnie a look of dissaproval and sighs* Anwhooo I bring you this Chappie!!! Hope y’all liked it, so Hae showed up!!! And so did Hyukkie!!!! Sooooooo erm...yeah....I don’t got much to say besides I love your faces, show this chapter some love wiht a comment. <3 Take it away unnie~!!
~Key


A/N: *currently dying from the death glare received from key-umma*
sorry for that, y’all...im just recovering *points to key umma* so...yup this chapter...was NOT ty...cuz i think we all know how much of an amazing writer key-umma is, RIGHT? :D BUT her lates chappie of GofC....gave me a heart attack. im still considering whether or not to forgive her. what do you think? like key said, show this chapter some LUUUUURRRVVVVVV<3 love you all~~ p.s. double update today ^^ *points to the “next” arrow below*
-Aegi