Absence

The Society [HIATUS]

 

Yesung sat in Mr. Jung’s chair, twirling lazily as some of the last-minute stragglers entered the classroom.  His head dangled off the back of the cushioned swivel chair, his eyes roaming the worn out ceiling of the room and long black hair falling back out of his handsome face.  All the high school dropouts and hopeless cases got stuck with the ty classes; the ty teachers; the ty lives.

“Mister Kim, would you mind taking your proper seat?”  Yesung looked up into the face of an exasperated Mr. Jung, his left eyebrow raised almost past his hairline.

“You know, I would...but that would require me to move.  Mr. Jung,” Yesung said, as he sat up.  “Don’t you ever feel like doing nothing?  Don’t you ever imagine what it would be like to not have to move, and just sit in your beloved art teacher’s swivel chair all day?”

Mr. Jung’s eyebrow hit the ceiling in reaction to the snickers that followed Yesung’s cheeky remark.  His eyes narrowed at Yesung, who had resumed his frivolous twirling in the chair.

“Oh yes, I think about that every day.  But sadly, this cruel reality has forced me to look past the insolence of young students and merely continue to do what I was hired to do.  So, if you please, Jongwoon, take your seat.”

Smirking, Yesung jumped up from the chair and headed over to his proper place beside an annoying trio of giggling girls, who glanced at him admiringly.  This simply made his smirk grow into a full-fledged grin.

“Thank you, Jongwoon, for that excellent display of pure cheek.  You have just earned the rest of your class an extra five pages to read for tonight’ assignment.”

Yesung struggled to keep the grin on his face as groans filled the classroom and fellow students shot death glares at the troublemaker.

“Sir, even if you assign five more pages, that doesn’t guarantee that anyone will even do the original homework you assigned.  I mean,” said Yesung, feigning a thoughtful expression. “I must admit that art theory is a fascinating subject, but I think five pages is a bit much.  In the time it takes to read those five pages, I could probably go to the store and buy my very own swivel chair.”

The students that were scattered around the room didn’t know whether to laugh at Yesung’s retort, or cower at the icy expression on Mr. Jung’s face.  The silence that ensued was enough to force down Yesung’s cocky confidence and leave his words hanging pathetically in the air.

“Jongwoon, I think I may schedule a meeting with your mother to discuss your refusal to tame your tongue.  Would you like to try and convince me not to?”

Yesung froze, his playful expression hardening into one of malice and bitter resentment.

“That would be a wonderful idea,” Yesung said coldly, “except my mother is dead.”

The whole room burst out laughing at the shocked expression on Mr. Jung’s face.  They believed Yesung’s comeback to be a clever attempt at rendering Mr. Jung momentarily speechless.  He reacted to the laughter by frowning, thunder rolling in his old, deep-set eyes.

“Mister Kim, that is not something to joke about.  Maybe I should mention this to your mother, as well.”

Yesung’s stare was full of pure hate.  His nostrils flared in anger as he glowered down at the teacher.  The fire that burned up inside him was almost visible.

“Are you ing deaf, you damn bastard?”  Yesung ignored the murderous expression that clouded Mr. Jung’s features and the gasps that escaped the mouths of the shocked students.  “I just said my mother is ing dead, and you’re too damn stupid to believe me.”

Yesung’s voice reverberated through the silent room, clawing at the painful absence of a single sound.  He fought to keep the wetness in his eyes from flowing over.  He would not cry.  He was stronger than that.  He wouldn’t let them see how broken and weak he really was inside.  Without a second’s hesitation, he swung his bag violently over his shoulder, jumped over stray backpacks that littered the floor, and stormed out of the room.  He could feel the eyes of his fellow students boring into his retreating back, but was determined to get as far away from that place as fast as he could.

If she were still here, Yesung thought, tears sliding down his cheeks, I’d still be a straight A student.  I’d still be the teacher’s pet.  I’d still have friends.

He clenched his fists and continued on his way out of the building.  He pushed past the doors that led to the courtyard and paused as he caught sight of a thin piece of paper hanging loosely on the door handle by a thin piece of string.  He examined the paper more closely, wiping the tears from his eyes to get a better look at what was written on it.
 

 

To: Kim Jongwoon
From: S


We know your confidence is fake.  We know that your mother really is dead.  We know a whole lot more about you than you do.  Come to the basement of the school on Friday night if you so choose to learn about the real you.  Come alone.

 


Yesung rolled his eyes in disgust.  What a load of .  People probably thought they could lure him down there with just a note. There was no way he was that stupid.  He crumpled the paper up and tossed it to the wind.  He watched the paper float away, drifting carelessly in the light breeze.  Almost as carelessly as he continued to walk through life...without her.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: BAYUM DOUBLE UPDATE! BACK TO BACK AWESOMENESS! not to be like...conceited or anything. so, yup in this chapter, sungie is an absolute badass. i kinda like this image of him. it’s hot...i think from now on im gonna write yesung to be the bad boy ^^ he wears enough eyeliner to pull it off, don’t ya think *winka wink wink wink* kekeke hope you enjoyed this! kinda half-assed, but thats okay! cuz key umma will make up for it with her amazingness!<3
comment, subscribe, and loveeeee!<33~~~~~
~Aegi


A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE BISHES!!!!!! You know you love us and Sungie being a total BAMF. Anywhoo, love your faces and love Yesung the badboy!!!! <3 *swoons* Anywhoooooo love y’all and show unnie some love for this chap! CAUSE IT WAS SOOOOOO WONDERFULLY WRITTEN AND WE LOVE OUR AEGI-UNNIE!!! RIGHT?!?!!?! *gets cheers and claps* THank you, thank you. Only for our dear wonderful unnie!!!! <3
~Key