Shunned

The Society [HIATUS]

 

Kangin was one of those teenagers people tended to avoid. He was always alone, which only sewed to fuel the rumors spread about him. People thought he couldn’t hear them; that he was blissfully unaware of what they said about him.  How wrong they were.  KangIn heard every bit of it. The rumors ranged from him simply being emo to a crack-addicted serial killer, just because of how he looked. He was tall, burly, and every bit as sturdy as an ox.  At first glance one could understand the origin of the rumors, but the man underneath the rough exterior was anything but what they claimed him to be. KangIn pulled his hood over his head and stalked into the building.  He could hear the whispers as he passed; feel the piercing gazes boring into his back. He shivered under their gazes and pressed onward.

Just keep moving.  Don’t let them see your weakness.

KangIn took a sharp right, darting down a darkened hallway. His heart was pounding, the sound of hushed whispers echoing through his ears. Tears pricked at his red-rimmed eyes as he cursed himself for being weak; he rubbed his palm on his eyes, brushing away the forming tears. The burly man walked out into a courtyard, birds singing in the morning light.  Sun filtered in through the tree leaves. KangIn dropped his bag on the ground and walked over to a tree.  He sat down under the shade that the tree provided and leaned against the tree trunk. This was one of the few places where the rumors didn’t follow him; one of the few places he felt safe, peaceful, and most importantly not alone. He had been alone - exiled - for most of his life, ripped untimely from the custody of his loving, crack-addicted mother and thrown into the cold world of inner-city foster care. He always felt alone. They tried sending him to live with his grandparents, but they didn’t want him.  The only person that truly cared about him was never allowed to see him again.  KangIn took a deep breath and curled in on himself, wrapping his strong arms around his knees; a million questions ran through his mind.

Why doesn’t anybody want to be near me? Am I really a monster?

The sound of a door opening drew him out of his thoughts, KangIn craned his neck and saw RyeoWook standing in the doorway.  KangIn sat up. He knew the younger male couldn’t see him. RyeoWook had an eating disorder. KangIn knew it.  He was a bit slow at times but he wasn’t stupid; all the signs were there. RyeoWook was tiny. He looked like he could break at any second; so fragile, like an old porcelain doll. The younger man was literally skin and bones, and wore long sleeves to cover his arms.  KangIn watched in silence as RyeoWook walked over to the marble bench in the middle of the courtyard. He sat down and buried his head in his hands.  KangIn could barely make out the whisper of self-loathing words; the elder man watched in pained silence.

I should help him, do...something, anything...but he’ll think I’m a monster too, run away and want nothing to do with me...just like everyone else.

RyeoWook let out a choked sob and sat up abruptly, glaring straight ahead. KangIn drew in a sharp breath, scared that the younger man had seen him. RyeoWook ran a delicate hand through his hair and stood up.  He pulled at his long sleeves, drawing the ends over the palms of his hands.

“I’m so ugly...so damn fat, no wonder they make fun of me.”  RyeoWook whispered.

KangIn watched in nervous silence as RyeoWook stood up and began to pace.

“Why can’t I be thin? Why?” RyeoWook muttered as he paced.

KangIn shook his head, couldn’t the younger man see how skinny he was already? It was unhealthy. KangIn guessed he was nowhere near his healthy weight; that RyeoWook probably ate what a normal person would in a day over the course of a month.  He watched as RyeoWook broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.  The younger fell to his knees, crying.

“No...I don’t want to be like her...not like her.” RyeoWook whispered in between sobs.

KangIn couldn’t take it anymore, he stepped out of his hiding place.  RyeoWook looked up at the sound of movement and gasped. The younger man saw KangIn approaching afraid that RyeoWook would crumble to dust if he was too rough.  KangIn offered the younger a small smile and RyeoWook looked up at him in fear.

“No! Get away from me!” RyeoWook screamed.

The younger slapped KangIn’s hands away and ran away from the man that tried to help him. KangIn looked down in rejection. His shoulders slumped, demeanor dark and solemn.

I knew it....

KangIn turned and picked up his bag; he slung the thing over his shoulder and looked up at the quickly graying sky. Storm clouds were rushing in, and the smell of rain was thick in the air.

I guess I should get to class. Not that it matters.

KangIn walked out of the courtyard and headed to class, more whispers followed him as he went. The man found himself wishing, praying for one thing and one thing only. To be forgotten, so he could start anew. To be forgotten, so he could feel human contact just one more time. To be forgotten...so he could be loved.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 
A/N: YAY!!! KANGIN!!! Oh wait...dammit me! I thought I wasn’t gonna be high for this A/N! Jk jk, I’m not actually high or anything just REALLY tired lol. And...wait...did I just....*looks up* oh damn I did....I apologize for my uncharacteristic “YAY!!!!”, *clears throat* anyway, in conclusion: poor KangBear’s alone, RyeoWookie has an eating disorder, it is about to rain AND Triple C and Dobu are gonna kill me for all this I am putting their biases through hehehe. Yes, I have authored this chappie and Unnie did the previous one.....ALSO, be ready for HARD CORE ANGST MUAHAHAHA--dammit I did it again...aish, my life...... REALLY need to stop drinking Dr. Pepper......ummm...yeah, that’s about all I gotta say. Unnie? Got anything you wanna add? *points down/up*
~Key


A/N: *bows* of course, dongsaengie.  thank you for the fantastic intro *claps* *invasion of the dongsaeng says “YOU’RE WELCOME!”* give her a round of applause, everyone!  Anyway...I do believe our Key-umma is extremely close to making us all cry, am i right?  Poor Kangin and Wookie...triple c and dobu, i may have had something to do with assigning her to write about ALL YOUR BIASES, but i can leave that up to you.  I’m hoping you’ll go with “aegi-unnie is too nice to do that” so my angelic rep won’t be ruined....but whatevs :P  use your imagination! :D I’m extremely hyper right naau...cuuuuuz i went to bed at like...2! and i just got back from track practice! and i pulled both my hammys and my left quad!  great day....*invading donsaeng returns and says “GIVE UNNIE LOVE BY COMMENTING DAMMIT!”* Anyhoo! *shoots daggers at key-umma for invading*  *Invading dongsaengs says “EEP! DUN HURT MEH! I LUBBS UUU!” gets shot* *death glare aimed right at key* ANYHOOOOOOO don’t forget to comment and subscribe! i promise this fic will BLOW YOUR ING MINDS TO KIM JONG IL’S GRAVE AND BACK! <3333 (btdubs....key-umma is now bleeding profusely from a gunshot wound.  wasn’t me *looks around obliviously and whistles*)

~aegi-unnie