Controlled

The Society [HIATUS]

 

Kyuhyun gazed down into the tear-filled eyes that peered out from behind thick, sweaty bangs.  The smell of sweat mixed with blood filled the bathroom, making him want to gag.  The whole situation was too much; Giyoung’s laughter rang through his ears, taunting him.

“Ha! Hit him again. never learn. He isn’t even human, anyway,” Giyoung laughed.  Kyuhyun wanted to punch him in right in his sick, twisted face.  He hated the way Giyoung treated people, yet he didn’t seem to be able to hold himself back when it came to bullying others himself.  It was like some innate force within his mind took control of his actions and used him to do its bidding - like a puppet. His actions were not his own.  His mind screamed at him; pleaded him not to listen; to turn around and help the poor man that lay at his feet; he did the opposite.

Kyuhyun nodded imperceptibly and aimed a kick at Leeteuk’s head.  His foot and the victim’s head met with a sickening thud, the crash of bone on the tiled floor following the action. Leeteuk’s yell of pain echoed through every stall, bouncing off the tiled walls, and bringing more laughter to the man egging Kyuhyun on.  The ghost of his pained groans hung over the trio, settling into the already tense atmosphere.

His resolve faltered.  Why was he doing this?  Why was he not immune to the terrible orders that he seemed to always have to follow?  He took a deep breath to calm himself; to attempt to bring a stable, cohesive thought to his reeling mind.  He couldn’t show Giyoung how weak he was.  He had to prove that he was strong.  That he was a man.  That he knew how to be in control.

As he looked down into the painfully contorted face of his victim, Kyuhyun’s mind flashed back to when he was still in middle school.  Cowering in a dark corner, hands covering his ears, watching his drunken father hit his beloved mother over the head with an empty soju bottle.  Standing motionless in the doorway to his parents’ room, eyes wide as he watched his father his mother, again and again.  Going to bed every night, crying, feeling empty and alone.  Always unable to get rid of the memories of his mother’s agonized, painful screams.  Forever haunted by the image of his mother, bloodied and broken, at the feet of his laughing father.  The father who he could never again refer to as a relative.  The father that he was turning into with every obeyed command, with every victim he tormented.

Kyuhyun was sick of it all.  Sick of constantly feeling helpless.  Sick of the way he bullied people who were just as helpless as himself to feel in control of something.  Sick of knowing that he was going to end up just like the murderer of the one person whom he had loved. Sick of feeling powerless, having no control over his actions.

“He’s stinking up the bathroom,” Giyoung muttered, jarring Kyuhyun from his thoughts.  “Let’s get out of here.  We gotta get back to class, anyway.”  

“You,” he said, gesturing almost lazily towards Leeteuk.  “Get your ty off the school grounds.  We don’t need you stinking up everything you touch.”

Giyoung left, signaling with his hand that Kyuhyun was supposed to follow him.  Leeteuk coughed violently, splattering more blood across the red-stained tile of the floor.  Kyuhyun flinched at the wet sound of the contact between the floor and Leeteuk’s blood; it reminded him, brought him back to places within his past he didn’t want to revisit. Ever.  With the disappearance of Giyoung, Kyuhyun’s cold expression melted into one of utter regret and conflict.

“Aren’t y-you going to go, t-too?”  Leeteuk’s voice was thick with accusation, muffled somewhat by the continuous flow of scarlet red that seeped down from his nose into his mouth.  

Kyuhyun immediately tore his eyes away from the mess that he had inflicted on his innocent victim.  He hated himself for being unable to say no; to refuse the awful requests of his puppet master, Giyoung.  At the same time, he wanted to escape reality.  He wanted to believe that it wasn’t his fault.  He followed Giyoung’s path out of the bathroom, blood staining the bottom of his shoes.  Before exiting,  he turned to Leeteuk, who looked passively after him, and his gaze was met with a cold stare; a stare that bore through his being, staring directly into his soul.

“I’m so sorry,” Kyuhyun whispered.  And he was.  He was sorry that he wasn’t in control of himself as much as he was in control of other people.  He was sorry that, despite his best wishes, he was turning into the very person who had ruined his life. He was sorry for ruining another life, and tormenting yet another that he wanted to help; sorry that he couldn’t heal the pain he caused.

Leeteuk laughed humorlessly, causing Kyuhyun’s forehead to crease in confusion.

“You should know better than to apologize for something that you’re not sorry for.  But for the record, I accept your apology.  Because I pity you.  I pity how you’re throwing your life away.  Let’s see where you are in ten years, and let’s see if bullying people like me will really have gotten you anywhere.”

Kyuhyun ran out of the bathroom, wanting to escape the all-too-accurate accusations.  Wanting to escape the painful truth of Leeteuk’s words.  He could feel his heart beating within his chest, the pumping filling his ears.  Kyuhyun felt like puking.  What kind of monster was he becoming?

Like father like son.

Kyuhyun yelled in frustration, letting his fist collide with the cold, brick wall of the hallway.  His voice, so filled with resentment at his own weakness, bounced off every surface of the empty school building.  The sound pierced the silence, the echo fading quickly, leaving Kyuhyun standing up against the brick interior of the school, panting heavily, eyes squeezed shut.

“Dude, are you okay?”  Kyuhyun looked up to see Giyoung approaching, a thin mask of worry covering his features.  His face, so filled with hate before, was kind and concerned.  Kyuhyun laughed quietly within his mind, knowing how much of a fake this guy really was.  How much of a fake he himself was.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun muttered, straightening up, quickly plastering a small smile on his face.  “I’m okay.  The smell just gave me a big headache.”

You’re such a bad liar, it’s a wonder he hasn’t figured you out yet.

“Oh,” Giyoung said dismissively, emphasizing how unnatural his kind facade really was.  “Well, I have a note for you.  Not sure who it’s from.  I don’t even know who gave it to me.  the guy was pretty sketchy, so I doubt the note is legit.”

He held out a pale pink piece of paper.  Kyuhyun reached for it, not concerned with what could possibly be written on it.  A confession?  Definitely not.  A detention slip?  Most likely.  Kyuhyun had been skipping classes left and right, so it was inevitable that he got called out on it sooner or later.

“I’ll see you later.  I promised Seohyun I’d...well, she’s pushy.  I gotta give her what she wants.”

Giyoung walked away, laughing to himself.

Kyuhyun barely noticed that he was standing alone.  All he could comprehend was the contents of the note.  Panic and relief flooded his senses simultaneously as he reread the thin, neat writing that covered the crisp sheet of paper.

 

We know why you’re doing this.  We know how much pain you’re in.  We also know how to help you.  If you wish to take us up on the offer, come to the basement of the school on Friday night.  Come alone.

-S



Finally, someone was willing to listen.  Finally, someone would let him break free of the painful memories that had taken over his every action.

Finally, he would be free.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: SOOOOOOOOO Unnie wrote this chapter and POOR KYUNNIE! Well...sorta...well....I dunno.....gbvlksfklfjelf....*dies* prolly a good thing I didn’t write this with the way my brain is being all demented and . SOOOO te gusta? Hold on a sec *pulls up the 5 other chat windows she has open and types “LEMME TEH ALONE FOR A MINUTE! I’M TRYIN TAH WRITE AN AUTHOR’S NOTE!”* kay back! :) urrrrmmmmm........so yeah......... I don’t got much to say besides what do y’all think of M’dear Kyunnie?! HMMMM?!!!???!!?!?!!! Didn’t unnie do a great job with this chapter? Cause I think she did! ^^ That’s all for now folks, see ya later.
~Key


A/N: OMG I HAVENT UPDATD THIS IN FOREVERSSSS! FORGIVE ME, ALMIGHTY SHISUS!!! T^T Well, at least I did this now and not later...I’ve been pretty busy slacking on this and writing randome oneshots and updating BSB. I’m crazy.  Why do I do this to myself???? So....did you guys read the lates chappie of GofC?  Raise your hand if you’re gonna get nightmares from images of Kangin’s chest exploding and Loki Teukie’s mouth and HeeChul all deformed...CUZ I KNOW I WILL D;; UGH the frustration....Anyhoo, hope this chapter wasn’t complete and utter cuz it kinda seems like it. love you!
~aegi-unnie