Impossible

The Society [HIATUS]

 

On the furthest outskirts of Seoul, where hardly anyone ever bothered to go, was Seoul Arts and Sciences Academy.  It was a school designated to teach and up-bring either the smartest kids in the area or the most hopeless cases.  It was a school built for both the good and the bad, the smart and the dumb - the normal kids and the freaks.

In truth, the academy merely sorted out the screw-ups from the prodigies.  The gifted kids, who excelled academically and musically, were put in specialized classes that channeled their talent into activities that would give them opportunities to become successful in the future.

The kids that had family problems, drug addictions, alcohol issues - the school’s real purpose for its existence was to give those kids a place to go, to escape the misery of their everyday lives.

No other school anywhere in Seoul would be stupid enough to accept them.  Their reputations - reputations that they worked to achieve since their founding - could not be tainted by the bad names of the kids who simply didn’t try and didn’t care.

Kim Heechul was one of those outcasts.

He walked slowly up the gravel trail that led to the arts building of the academy, nervously plucking at the loose seams of his jacket.  He didn’t want to go back to class.  He didn’t want to have to endure another forty minutes of sitting at the edge of his seat, his entire body shaking in nervousness and anxiety.

Heechul hadn’t always been like this.  He hadn’t always been that one kid that would flinch whenever a door slammed or whimpered whenever the crowds of people in the hallways overwhelmed him.  He hadn’t always been pathetic.

He felt small beads of sweat beginning to form on the nape of his neck.  He shivered, the sudden change in body temperature making him shudder violently.  The reluctance to enter the classroom did nothing to help his anxiety.  His uneven steps down the empty hallways seemed to echo throughout, making him feel more alone than he knew he already was.

Clenching and un-clenching his fists repeatedly, unable to remain still for even a fraction of a second, Heechul drew closer and closer to the dreaded wooden door.  He bit his lips, hesitation etched in every line of his subtly handsome face.  Every nerve in his body screamed at him to run away.  The instinct to abandon the next forty minutes was almost overwhelming.
Despite the powerful indignation of the true Heechul that was hidden somewhere within him, he took a deep breath and closed in on the door of Mr. Jung’s classroom.  Squeezing his eyes shut for a moment, just in case he was really just asleep and in the midst of a nightmare, he lifted his hand and timidly pulled open the door.

Just forty minutes.  He could make it through.

Heechul hated himself for being such a coward.  He hated that he couldn’t stand up or speak for himself.  He hated that he allowed himself to be used and manipulated by everyone.  Why did he have to make it so easy for other people when he himself was struggling to simply get through the day unscathed?

It’s because of him.  Free yourself.  Maybe then you won’t have to be so afraid of the world.

Heechul knew that the best thing for him to do was to break away and finally think independently; finally act the way he wanted and do the things he yearned to do; finally be free of the one that refused to quit controlling his life.

But he also knew that doing so might just put an end to his pathetic life.  He deliberately avoided that train of though.  He knew that if he let his mind wander too far, he might just convince himself that ending his life was the only escape.

Don’t be so stupid.  You don’t have it as bad as some other people.

He did have his own personal troubles, however.  It was because of these troubles that he was unable to be the real Kim Heechul.  He was always on edge, always anticipating the next blow that would send his mind into lock-down and cause tears to spark up in his eyes.  He was always on the alert for the next explosive kick that would deliver to him yet another bruise, yet another tear in his already wounded existence.

As Heechul walked discreetly to his seat, making an effort to tread as lightly as possible to avoid anyone’s notice, his eyes gravitated to the lone figure sitting by the open window.

I definitely don’t have it as bad as him.  At least I’m not hated and isolated by everyone in the school.

The figure sitting by the window had his face hidden.  It was always hidden because its owner consciously covered it.  He hid it from the rest of the school, the rest of the world.

At least I'm not so pathetic that I have to hide my face.

Heechul shot the figure another glance before shrinking down into his own seat and looking towards the front of the room, where Mr. Jung was partaking in an enlightening lecture about the importance of color schemes.

Forty more minutes until I'm not allowed to be me.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N (aegi-unnie): Okay everyone! Here's the official chapter 1! :)  I needed to get my mind off bsb, so i started this way sooner than i had originally thought.  dongsaengie Key is an amazing partner.  Everything's going smoothly so far, so please look forward to chapter 2!

As always, please comment and subscribe!~ We love all your support!

This storyline is different, i know.  It's weird, for sure.  It's unique, kind of.  Despite all of this, please try and bear with us! We promise we have A LOT of ideas that will blow your minds! (*coughcough* Triple C *cough*)  hope you're enjoying it so far!<3 love you always...

A/N (Key-umma): Hey y’all, (yes I AM channeling my southern) unnie wrote this chapter and I think she did a pretty damn good job wbu? So, that’s chapter one. Poor Chullie :( and yes I MAY have had something to do with Chullie’s character BUT unnie confirmed it so it’s not like i’m totally to blame lol. I hope you guys show this story and chapter some love for my unnie. So if you haven’t already hit that “subscribe” button and drop us a comment! <3 Much love,

~Key

Ps. And yes Triple C, I AM writing the next chapter....hehehehehhehehehe.....MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA