2: Meeting You

N.Flying : Family Version

Hun step outside the restaurant for a breather, after straining his vocal chord for the whole morning at his staff to ensure that everything was perfect. And now he needs to stay out so that he can be stress free.

He makes his way to the nearest coffee shop, spending his time alone before going back to his restaurant. As he passes by schools (because the location of his restaurant is near with the neighbourhood area accompanied by a couple or two schools along the way.

And it’s coincidental that the school hour was done, causing a rummage of school kids piling out of the school to get back home.

He receives a lot of attention while making his way to the coffee shop, due to his good looks. Hun was well aware of that, but he merely ignores it because he was not interested, and also, he’s happily married.

As Hun passes by a day care, his eyes wandering around to look for cute kids playing around at the backyard. That’s what Hun would always do, watching the kids for a while before actually go to the coffee shop.

Since it could probably be lunch time for the kids, Hun are not surprised if he couldn’t find any kid playing outside. But his hunch was wrong when he found a kid, none older than his neighbour’s son, but definitely not too young either.

That kid was sitting down on the ground, playing alone with the small car in his hand, moving back and forth and repeat it again and again. Hun wondered if that kid would ever get bored repeating the same thing, but also if he was lonely.

‘Maybe he’s excused from the lunch early’ is what Hun thought.

The kid is also cute, with chubby cheeks, full lips and small eyes. He could be like Seunghyub when smiling, which is adorable.

Hun sighed again, dreaming about having a child as cute as the kid that he had encountered. The kid’s cuteness can rival Jaehyun, Hun would be the proudest parent ever to have a child that is as cute as that.

‘His parents would be proud having him as their child. They are so lucky’

And Hun give the last glance to him before moving his way to his destination.

When Hun thought that’s the last that he would see that cute kid, he was wrong, again.

Hun was making his way to the same shop again, and while passing by the day care, he sees the same kid scribbling his crayons on his notebook, and again, alone without his friends.

The other day was the kid sliding down the slide and went back to repeat the same thing, and yet again, he was alone.

After noticing too many familiar situations, Hun decided to step inside the day care on a sunny day to relinquish his curiosity. And of course, Seunghyub didn’t know about it too. His husband would question his motives if he decided to spur it out over dinner, and Hun doesn’t have time to do that.

The middle age woman over the counter stood up seeing someone entered the day care, and seeing a rather attractive guy steps in just makes her day 100 times better.

“How can I help you?” the woman smiled, eager to assist a potential customer, an attractive one for that.

Hun was a bit startled at the woman’s sudden hospitality, but he cleared his throat, focus on his mission.

“I noticed a boy playing at the backyard alone,” Hun paused, but seeing the woman seems to understand what he was saying, he didn’t need to explain more.

“Ah, that boy! He always plays by himself after school hours because the other kid was too young to play with him.” Hun nodded. So that’s why he’s always alone. But something still bothers Hun about that kid.

“Excuse me if I’m asking, if he doesn’t have anyone of his age playing with him, then why his parents didn’t pick him up at school, or kindergarten?”

The middle age woman keep quiet for a while, thinking and hesitating of what to say next. Hun raised an eyebrow at her, gesturing at her to continue.

“He’s an orphan. Since birth. The orphanage would send him to school and then he walked to the day care to wait until the caretakers fetch him by the end of the day,”

Hun was surprised, his mouth opened slightly. Now the mystery is unfolded, Hun felt surreal. He got his chance to expand the family tree, and it was right infront of his eyes for this whole time.

After acquiring more information about the kid, Hun make his way to the backyard, where Hweseung (the kid’s name) was playing by the swings set alone, pushing his foot from the ground and fly.

Hweseung notices a stranger approaching him and he jump out from the swing, running to the back of the slide, startling Hun again. But Hun’s hope did not end there when Hweseung peek his head out from his hiding spot, watching Hun’s movement carefully.

Hun crouches down, giving a soft smile to cute Hweseung. Striking a conversation to him so that it went well in this first meeting.

“Hello Hweseung! Don’t be afraid, uncle just want to play with you,”

Hweseung fidgeted before shaking his head a no.

“Teacher told me to not talk with strangers,”

Hun giggled at that. Hweseung is cute, and also aware of his surroundings.

“That’s good. But uncle knew your name. And the teacher let uncle in because uncle wanted to play with you,”

Hweseung hide behind the slide once more, making Hun sigh and stood up. It’s not easy to make a kid, let alone an orphan to trust you though.

But Hun felt a small hand tugging on his pants. He looks down, noticing Hweseung next to him, tugging on the said clothing material. Hun grinned and crouch down again, meeting his eyes.

“Can uncle push me on the swing?”