~2~

N.Flying : Family Version

“We need more eggs, chicken and tomatoes,” Kwangjin muttered, looking through the fridge. He was about to dive into the whole stock when a hand pulls a side of his body away, and he was met with the love of his life.

“Looks like you have to go to grocery shopping today,” Eunhee says, giving him a morning kiss before picking up the pans and pot to start the breakfast. Kwangjin groaned and pull out his phone, making a small checklist to remember.

“Why can’t we ask Hun to get us some stuff? He picks the best stuff,” Kwangjin muttered, sitting himself on a stool, watching his wife mixing a concoction to make a pancake.

“Because Hun is busy prepping for his special menu for his restaurant this month, and also the renovation for Hweseung’s rooms,” she replies, pouring the batter and let it sit on the hot pan before flipping it over.

Kwangjin pursued his lips, scratching his smooth chin.

“Should we do that for Jaehyun too?”

Eunhee turn her head to her husband, staring at him with a knowing gaze. Kwangjin sighed.

“Right... he’s still a baby...”

“He’s not Hweseung. We can do that when he’s a few months older. But right now, he’s as messy as you when you forgot to measure the liquid detergent!”

“It was one time!” Kwangjin tried to defend himelf, albeit blushing slightly when his wife brought that one incident of him flooding the floor with soaps and bubbles for the first time since they got a new washing machine.

Eunhee giggled, putting the fresh batch on pancakes on the table, about to say more when her eyes perked up at the new figure approaching the room.

“Appa! Mama!” Jaehyun’s small figure trot down into the kitchen, hugging his favourite dolphin pillow close to him, his dinosaur onesie clinging to his small body.

Kwangjin turn to his baby, picking him up and peppering kisses on the boy’s face.

“Morning Jaehyunnie! Did you have a good sleep?”

Jaehyun nodded, putting his pillow on the table, sitting himself on his father’s lap.

“I got dinosaur dreams!” he chattered excitedly, closing his eyes to receive his morning kisses from his mother when Eunhee step closer to pepper some kisses on his face too.

“Oh really? Now is my baby dinosaur hungry?” Eunhee place a big plate of pancakes for Kwangjin, and a small, cute blue puppy shaped plate for Jaehyun, with small bits of the cut pancakes on it.

Jaehyun nodded enthusiastically, picking up the small training chopstick for him to use and start eating happily. Pieces of pancakes started to fly away from his plate, making Eunhee raising her eyebrows and give a knowing glance towards her husband.

Kwangjin, admitting that she’s right, rolling his eyes and smiled, enjoying his breakfast.

“I can’t pick him on time today, I have meeting to attend to. Can you?” Eunhee says, wiping Jaehyun’s face with tissue, cleaning up the mess that he made. Kwangjin think for a moment, before nodding.

“I’ll pick him up. Don’t worry. I’ll have to get our groceries anyway, remember?”

Eunhee nodded.

“Maybe you can spend time with Hweseung and whoever is available with him today,” she chuckled. Kwangjin did too, remembering that Hweseung’s parent’s availability varies every single day. Sometimes they would hangout with Hun, or Seunghyub whenever he’s free.

Since Hweseung is also enrolled in the same school like Jaehyun, they would often hang around together, spending time with each other because they are just that close enough. Simple as that.

“Let’s hope that Hun is the one picking up Hweseung today. Maybe he can help with the groceries better since Seunghyub oppa is... well...?” Eunhee shrugged, knowing that it would turn out into a disaster since Seunghyub is as hopeless as Kwangjin was in terms of buying their groceries.

But they are trying somehow.

Kwangjin grinned. “I hope so. I don’t mind anyone as long as they can help me with something.”

“Appa, I wanna poop.” Jaehyun announces so sudden, wriggling his body out from Kwangjin’s hold to free himself, his face contorted in displeasure. Kwangjin released his son to the ground gently, getting up and walking the baby to the bathroom so that all of them can get themselves ready for the day.

“Don’t forget about his shirt on the bed! And his underwear is in the drawers! Let him pick his undies for the day!” Eunhee yelled, loud enough for their neighbours to hear.

“I got it!” Kwangjin yelled back, making a mental note to make sure that he didn’t get distracted by his son’s cute antics again.

“Morning Kwangjin hyung!” Seunghyub’s loud voice hollered across the house, his figure appearing on the window of their bathroom, waving to him, not spotting Jaehyun yet.

Kwangjin waved back, replying to his greetings before ushering Jaehyun to take his shower. He was supposed to take baths in the morning, but the plan backfires when he splashes the water everywhere, resulting in him having a bandaged wrist and a tardy to school.

“Hurry, hurry, hurry...” Kwangjin muttered, quickly scrubbing his son squeaky clean, making sure there is no potential grime or dirt that lingers, although all his son did was lounging around in bed, sleeping.

Kwangjin is a neat freak, and that genes didn’t pass quite well to his cute son.

Maybe Jaehyun got it from Eunhee, but who knows?


A/N: 2 CHAPTERS IN 1 UPDATE? I SAY YES! ENJOY IT BIRDIES!