3: New Family Member!

N.Flying : Family Version

“Hweseung-ah! Time to go home!” the same middle age woman called, interrupting Hun and Hweseung’s play date for the day. Hun understood that it was time for Hweseung to go home, albeit the time was almost late, meaning that he should go back home to his husband too.

Hweseung pouted, looking at the woman and the uncle at the same time. He had so much fun with the uncle, and now he has to go back to the orphanage, like he always does. Hun turn to the small child infront of him, smiling and patting his hair.

“Go home and take a rest. You must be tired.” Is what Hun could say. He felt that longing feeling inside too, but he would have to make it work tomorrow.

Hweseung nodded solemly, embracing Hun before running to the woman to prep himself for the travel back to the orphanage. Hun stood up, watching the little child before pulling out his phone, texting his husband of his whereabouts.

I’m already home. Where are you? I got great news! – Annoying Hubby

Hun grinned. He got great news too, and his by far could be better than his husband’s.

 

“I got the collaboration! It’s a success!” Seunghyub cheered as Hun walk into the house, not even having to take care of his shoes and coat yet.

“I guess your boss didn’t got mad about being tardy?” Hun raises and eyebrow at him, before making his way to the kitchen, preparing to cook dinner, but Seunghyub stopped him before he can do so.

“let’s order take outs. And yes, he was mad, but I impressed the others so he forgives me for that. Again.” Seunghyub grinned. Hun nodded, moving to the couch, followed by his husband.

After both of them take their places on the couch, Hun takes a deep breath and turn to Seunghyub.

“I got great news too.”

Seunghyub stopped tapping on the screen, his fingers froze on their favourite take out place homepage.

“What is it? Is your restaurant finally going to expand into another location?”

Hun shakes his head.

“I found a perfect child to be adopted.”

 

It took Seunghyub a lot of lectures and questions before he followed Hun to the same day care that Hun visited yesterday. Both of the male took their days off work, to celebrate but also to meet the said child that Hun was so excited about.

After greeting the same woman and ask to be meet with Hweseung again (and also Hun introduces Seunghyub as his husband and the woman understood completely to why Hun was so interested in Hweseung), the woman lead them out to the backyard and found Hweseung sliding down the slide alone.

“Hweseungie!” Hun calls, smiling as he pulls Seunghyub to the small playground, with Seunghyub watching.

Hweseung sees the uncle with stranger on his tow. His eyes sparkle and he slides down quickly, almost landing on the flat surface of the soft ground if not for Hun catching him quickly.

“Uncle! You came!” Hweseung grinned, hugging him. When he pulls away, he notices the new face behind his uncle.

“Uncle, who?” Hun turn to his husband, gesturing him to crouch down too to introduce himself to Hweseung.

“H-Hello. Uncle’s name is Seunghyub.” Hun notices how nervous his husband was, finally meeting the said child that his husband was so ecstatic about.

“Uncle Seunghyub is uncle’s husband. Don’t be afraid of him, okay? He is a good person too.” Hun explained, hoping that Hweseung would not be confused.

But in a child’s nature, Hweseung had to ask.

“Husband? Uncle marries a man?”

Hun nodded. “It’s okay, right?”

Oh boy, he hoped that Hweseung would be okay with having two dads as his parents. He could get mocked, bullied for having the same gender parents, and the possibilities is endless.

Hweseung observes Seunghyub for a while, thinking in that cute mind of his before grinning, nodding at Hun.

“I’m okay with that. Teacher said that love can be anything.”

Hun smiled fondly at him, while Seunghyub was just speechless.

After a moment, Seunghyub decided to speak up, confirming Hun’s wishes.

“I love him.”

 

“We appreciate your effort and your request to adopt Hweseung. Judging from your information that you’ve given to us, you have fulfilled the criteria of adopting.” The head caretaker said, flipping through the pages to check it again before putting the paper down, and have a look at a smiling Hun and Seunghyub.

“Are you sure that you can take care of Hweseung with your work schedule on the way?” she asks again, just wanting to make sure of it.

Seunghyub nodded. “My partner and I have flexible work hours. We went to work everyday because we had nothing much to do at home. But I’m sure after we had Hweseung, our lives would be much better. Right Hun?”

Hun nodded, agreeing with his husband on it.

The woman smiled, satisfied with his answer before asking again.

“Are you aware that Hweseung would grow up in an environment without a female companion, given that both of you are the same gendered couple? This could take an impact on his psychological mind, and maybe this could affect him somehow?”

Seunghyub and Hun knew that this question would come. Seunghyub and Hun had quarrelled about his issue the first day after they met Hweseung, worrying about the issues could be brought up when Hweseung was a bit older, and so on.

Hun cleared his throat. “We are aware of that. And we would educate Hweseung about that. We would not limit his experience with female, seeing as he goes to the kindergarten and interact with female classmates and teachers every single day. We would still teach him about everything that he needs to know,”

“They said that having gay parents could be an influence to a child’s uality, so I would want to make him have a choice instead of us being an example for him. He deserves to live as he is, but on the right path for his future.” Seunghyub added.

And that’s it.

The head caretaker agreed and validate their paperwork, and giving them the green light to pick Hweseung up from the orphanage and welcome to their home forever.

Since then, Hweseung started to call Seunghyub ‘appa’ and Hun ‘papa’.