~3~

N.Flying : Family Version

“Ah, the dutiful husbands doing their chores of the day.” The same old woman that had catered to Seunghyub and Kwangjin when they were just a single bachelors commented, pushing them to take the carts instead of just the usual basket that the mart provided, given that they would need it more.

“Good to see you doing well too, Eomonim.” Seunghyub grinned, pushing the cart alongside Kwangjin as they walk through the aisles, looking for the stuffs to buy, mainly groceries.

After walking around while nit-picking at the new stuff that arrives in the mart, Kwangjin drag Seunghyub back to why they were there in the mart in the first place.

Unlike Kwangin, Seunghyub always arranges weekly grocery shopping with his husband and son every weekend, the time where they always have time together, and the time where Hweseung have a weekend off from school.

While Kwangjin and Eunhee stocks up whenever they ran out, no matter if it’s weekdays or weekends. They always spend time with their son during weekends, or the whole family bonding days, as per said by Seunghyub.

“Glad to see you finally out of the studio, or the office once in a while.” Kwangjin speaks up, putting a carton of eggs along side the milk and orange juice in the cart, a reminder of stocking up before they ran out of something else and had to make another trip to the mart again tomorrow.

Seunghyub grinned, shrugging. “My career is on the peak of its time right now. I had to take the chances so that I can feed my family well. Isn’t that what the man of the family would do?”

“So, you were implying that you’re the top?”

Seunghyub nudges his friend hard, almost toppling Kwangjin to the aisle of onions and garlics. That made both of them laugh until the same old woman found them and chastised them for playing around with food before moving on with her work.

“Don’t let Hun heard that, he will kill me. But on the other hand, how is your job? I hope someone is getting promoted, or any from both of you?” Seunghyub help Kwangjin with picking tomatoes, picking for the brightest red and pretty ones to be put into the bag.

Kwangjin shrugged. “I’m not sure, Eunhee is earning more than enough, and I’m already earning more than enough. With promotions, I’m just scared that we won’t have enough time with each other or Jaehyun.”

“I’m sure everyone will understand. You don’t have to worry about that. If the opportunity comes, don’t hesitate to take it. It would be better for both of you later on. Say, a retirement plan in Jeju-do?”

Kwangjin smiled, thinking about how he and Eunhee agreed to retire to Jeju-do when the time comes, or when Jaehyun is already in college. Living the old life together, spending time with each other before that time comes for both of them.

“I’ll think about it. But first, help me get the chicken. I don’t know which one is the best looking!”

“You think I know that? I can barely get a decent carrot until Hun came along!”

Both males look at each other, before grinning.

“Eomonim!”

 

“I swear that the two of you could not live without your spouses.” The old woman commented, scanning through the items that Kwangjin and Seunghyub had put on the conveyer belt, grumbling her off as usual at the tactics that the two had done.

“When you’re clueless, ask the lady of the house! You’re our lifesaver!” Kwangjin swipe his card, putting his signature on the screen before putting his stuff in the recyclable bags that Eunhee had provided for their grocery shopping.

The old woman shakes her head at the trouble two, before wiping her hands on her apron.

“next time you better bring your kids here, so they know how useless their dads are in anything but work.”

Both males’ chuckles, not taking the words as an offense because it is true that they are problematic, especially in groceries. They had known the old woman every since they stepped inside the mart, feeling all clueless and desperately in need of something to buy to cook, because they can’t rely on take outs anymore. That’s where the old woman came in, acting as their second mother, chastised them for being hopeless and taught them the simple as picking the right onion to the potatoes.

The old woman is even aware of Seunghyub’s uality, and even Kwangjin’s ‘tragic’ love story. Of course, she was there at both of their weddings, and didn’t even judge a thing. It’s rare to know someone as her to not speak out about their life, trying to change them or anything. Seunghyub and Kwangjin had it worse with people that came and go in their pasts.

Luckily, the old woman stayed.

And yes, she met the adorable duos, being Hweseung and Jaehyun, and adored them completely like they were her own grandchildren.

This is why they love to shop at the mart where the old woman works at, because they feel like home.

“We’ll see you on the weekends, as always, Eomonim.” Seunghyub bowed to the old woman, promising to make sure that Hweseung is healthy and well fed, as usual.

“Thank you for your help Eomonim! Maybe I’ll get my family to come on weekends too, it’s better this way.” Kwangjin in, before waving the old woman goodbye and get into Seunghyub’s car, after loading their stuffs, of course.

“Now, Let’s get the kids.”


A/N: Here you go!!!! I was down with flu this week so like yeah, duty calls aldbafl;

xoxo