~6~

N.Flying : Family Version
Author's note down below! And yes, it is the same Author's note from the other story, don't worry! P/s: Sorry for the messy font!

“Grandma!” Hweseung and Jaehyun rush into the store with their short legs to hug the elderly mentioned. The old lady smiled adoringly before patting their heads, listening to the hyperactive kids chattering to her while the parents entered the mart seconds later.

 

“If only they were that excited to see us when we picked them up from school,” Hun joked, bowing to the other workers that was nearby before unlatching one of the many of the cart, ready to get it done with their list of groceries for the week.

And this week, it was ‘carnival’ week, as Seunghyub called, for the items on the list are mostly filled with every kind of food that was in the pyramid scheme, ranging from healthy to unhealthy. It was not a rare thing that happens in the household, but living in a household filled with male specimen only, everyone had a big appetite for food. And it was Hun’s duty (well, since Seunghyub was still incapable of going shopping without actually picking something expired from time to time, well, it only applied to fresh items) to make sure that all the pantry has been stocked to the max for the week.

While Eunhee had already have the cart rolling through the aisles, wandering around the aisles, already lost at purchases that they should have made. It was not easy since they always made daily purchases, only restocking when a few items have run out, but now following the footsteps of their neighbour to shop weekly instead, she was overwhelmed.

“Oppa, I’m lost. What should I buy?” she whined to her husband, eyes wandering around the racks, trying to remember what they had run out at home, or nearly atleast.

“Uhh…” Kwangjin also scratched his head, not knowing how to figure it out. Then he spotted Hun and Seunghyub with the cart half filled with items, and flag down the younger couple.

“What’s up?” Seunghyub stop next to his best friend, watching his neighbours anxiously looking around the aisles. Hun also stop picking at the can of soups that he intended to give to Hweseung, after his beloved son had requested for soup to be a part of the dinner tonight, as he had seen the soup commercial on TV.

Honestly Hun could have made the soup himself from scratch rather than indulging his son to eat factory made food items, but seeing how he couldn’t say no to his son, Hun obliges, anything to make his son happy.

Kwangjin laughed nervously, almost embarrassed to tell the truth to his best friends. But since they are his best friends, he figured that there’s no use beating around the bush.

“We’re just overwhelmed. We always get our groceries daily instead of weekly like you. So we might need some help in this matter.”

Both Hun and Seunghyub nodded, understanding their matter. As always, the couple didn’t judge or belittle their lifestyle, knowing that their neighbours are exceptionally busier than them, seeing as they had their 9-5 jobs with projects along the way. Their weekends are mostly being used for dine out, or spending their meal at Hun and Seunghyub’s because that’s just what their routine usually looked like every week.

“Don’t worry about it. Nothing beats getting married to a chef that has an unlimited amount of knowledge on groceries and necessities.” Seunghyub grinned, nudging his husband as the latter just rolled his eyes at the statement.

“Sure, sure. I’ll help you out. Kwangjin-hyung and Seunghyub-hyung can shop for other household items, while you and I are going to get some fresh groceries for the next week.”

Eunhee nodded, departing from her husband as she followed her friend while Kwangjin followed Seunghyub with a sigh of ‘thank you’s along the way.

Watching the red numbers ascending on the monitor with each item being scanned was not something that Kwangjin and Eunhee minded, having to shop everyday and accumulating their groceries budget by the end of the week, planning on what they should reduce and whatnot. They do have a growing son after all, so they should be spending wisely for his better future.

But seeing as the numbers summed up in the end gave Kwangjin a second thought of managing their expenses and budget for the week again.

“It’s not that bad.” Kwangjin muttered, pursuing his lips as he hand the card to the cashier, making the payment over and turn to his wife, watching her nodding at his statement.

“We should really shop weekly from now on. We could have save loads, even more with weekly planning!” his wife sighed as they brought the bags off from the counter, walking up to their best friends who was also on the other checkout counter.

“It’s easy to know what you’re going to cook for the week instead of daily. I guess we should change that.”

“Agreed.”

Hun noticed his best friends walking towards them, giving a soft smile.

“How was it?”

“Better. Now we can calculate the budget and save more for the future generation.” Eunhee joked, pointing towards the two kids who are obediently watching the old woman doing her job, sometimes Jaehyun opening his mouth asking some questions while Hweseung just cling to his cousin silently, nodding to his words every single time.

“Eh, you guys made enough for 3 more kids, don’t lie.” Seunghyub chimed in, picking up the bags while Hun took the card and store it inside his wallet (it was Hun’s turn to pay for the weekly groceries, although he is using the money from their joint account together made after marriage.)

Kwangjin chuckled, the talk about having more kids seems to ease up the mood, knowing that until they are ready for another baby again, the couple would be teasing them no matter what.

“I’m sure we can think of that later. Now let’s get the kids.” Eunhee grinned, already missing her son and trudge towards the said person, who is now poking Hweseung’s chubby cheeks with his finger.

“Jaehyun-ah, let’s go.” Eunhee raised the child’s attention, earning her a big smile.

“Mama!” Jaehyun unlatch himself from Hweseung (who was whining for a second before he laid eyes on his fathers, sprinting to hug their legs when they reach him) and proceed to grab his mother’s denim jeans.

“Mama, can we go and eat at Grandma’s house today? Can we? Can we?” Jaehyun proceed to give him a big, sparkling eyes with his mouth turned up into a grin, melting anyone who passes by.

Eunhee laughed, patting his head.

“Are you sure you want Grandma to feed you? You’re a picky eater, baby! You’re going to eat more veggies and less meat because she would want you to eat healthier!”

Jaehyun grin turned upside down at his mother’s statement, already dying at the thought of having to eat green stuff. He was about to burst into tears too, thinking of his sacrifice to the vegetables tonight.

Eunhee giggled at his son’s reaction, with Kwangjin standing next to her chuckling at the playful nature his wife had emitted. For years that they had known each other up until having Jaehyun, the playful nature is what makes him love her the most, balancing his serious, stern self.

“B-but…” Jaehyun turn towards the said old lady, pouting up at her, begging for her to not serve any vegetables tonight.

The old lady, who had known that Jaehyun’s dislike towards vegetables (As any other growing children would) shake her head and sighed.

“You need to eat more vegetables, Jaehyun-ah. How are you going to grow healthy and tall without it? You can’t be like your father if you didn’t eat properly!” she chastised him, patting his head as Jaehyun slumped down as he nodded, understanding her without saying anything in return

The four parents shared a knowing glance, snickering slightly at the thought of a stubborn child lost to the higher power (the old lady)

“We would come back later. Need to store everything back up in the house. Do you need a ride back home, Eomonim?” Seunghyub asks, knowing that the old lady did not have any difficulties in going back home, but it was not hurt to ask.

The old lady shook her head. “Nonsense! I can walk back home easily. Knowing you four,” she pointed towards the couples, “you guys already had so much on the plate with them,” she pointed towards Jaehyun and Hweseung.

She was right. Parenthood is not easy.

Plus, she’s also stubborn. There is no way she would have accepted the ride unless she truly needs it.

Everyone nodded.

“Alright. We’ll be there in a few hours. Eomonim, please stay safe on your way back home.” Kwangjin smiled, juggling the bags back up on his hands before calling out to Jaehyun to follow. Hun and Seunghyub also lead Hweseung out too, after bidding their ‘see you later’ to the old lady.

“What are you going to bring to her house?” Hun nudge Eunhee, as they walk towards their cars.

“Probably some side dishes, I don’t have enough time to marinate the meat now, but I can dish up some bulgogi?”

Hun nodded. “I’ll make some glass noodles and soup. Maybe some other side dishes too.” Still keeping to his son’s promises, he would have to make soup, although they were about to dine at somewhere else for tonight.

Eunhee nodded, agreeing. “We should let the husbands deal with the kids, hopefully they are ready by the time we’re done with cooking.”

Hun let out a soft chuckle, lowering his voice so that his best friend would hear it. “You better be right, we can’t disappoint Eomonim for being late again.”

Eunhee sighed.

“I hope so.”


A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not actively updating like I used to. Usually I updated when I had completed the next chapter for the current one to be posted, so that would keep me going in writing more and more chapters in the future until I deemed that the story wasn't going anywhere anymore. I can promise you updates, but I can't promise that it would be soon. Writing short chapters is tough too when you're overwhelmed by procrastination, lack of motivation etc. lmao. Thank you for all those subs coming in even when I didn't update during my semi-hiatus, I'm happy that this story and others are getting their recognition in their own way. Until then, please do enjoy my stories and welcome to the new and old subbies!

Xoxo