eight

ghost of you

It didn't take much for Nayeon to arrive at her destination.

Silence was all she could hear when she fell soundlessly on her knees, tears flooding down her face, the wind in her hair, the sun setting in the distance, her lips trembling while she reached with an open, shaking hand what was left of her once lover.

 

The grave was cold to the touch and reading Jeongyeon's name followed by the date of her birth and of her too early death brought to Nayeon much more pain than she had thought it would on her way to the cemetery.

 

For four years she had convinced herself that Jeongyeon would come back and they would be together.

For four years she had clung to all the memories they had made together not to forget about her love for the younger girl.

Finding signs of Jeongyeon in every place she went, every little thing she did, had become such a habit for her that she started believing that doing so would eventually bring her lover back to her.

She left that space on her bed with the hope that one day she would wake up in the arms of her biggest love again.

 

She had spent four years of her life running from reality, living in a dream that her mind had made out to be real so that she wouldn't have to accept Jeongyeon's death.

She had hoped and hoped that they would meet again and have their happily ever after, but now it was time to wake up and face reality, no matter how hard it would be.

 

Even if it would kill her to admit it, but she had to.

 

She owed it to Jeongyeon and herself.

 

It was time for her to start living again.

 

To realise that Jeongyeon was gone and she had only been chasing after a ghost.