six

ghost of you

When Nayeon entered Jihyo's favourite cafe that Sunday afternoon, she was expecting to see anything but her best friend in the company of some other woman.

She later found out that the stranger was called Mina and that she was the Japanese woman that Jihyo was always talking about, the one she had so hopelessly fallen for.

So, she had no choice but to sit on the usual sofa with her vanilla latte and her slice of chocolate cake, while on the other side of the table there were now two people sharing their orders together and looking at each other with love.

Nayeon made an effort to listen to them talking and not get lost in her thoughts like she would always do, even though it was mostly Jihyo who talked, seeing how the other woman was not much of a talker, instead preferred to just look at them and smile adoringly at her girlfriend.

That made Nayeon's heart feel suddenly heavier and at one point she just couldn't seem to be able to stop her mind from drifting away from the conversation and she gave in to her deafening thoughts.

Looking at how the two women stared at each other with such loving stares was a painful sight for Nayeon. 

It reminded her of how she once was like them with her lover, sitting at their favourite cafe with Jeongyeon that would often steal mouthfuls of Nayeon's cake, getting scolded in return by her girlfriend even if her voice was filled with everything but anger, and the two would laugh it off seconds after without a care in the world.

 

Because they were together and that was the only thing that mattered.

 

Now she was left all alone, with no one to look adoringly at, seeing the love story of someone else unfold under her own eyes, while her girlfriend wasn't there to keep her company anymore.

 

Nayeon couldn't help it, instead, she decided to just let her tears fall from her tired eyes and when Jihyo got up to go by her side to comfort her, it was already too late.

 

She had run away from the cafe without a place to go.

 

After all, she had been wandering aimlessly since her lover had left.

 

Because her place was Jeongyeon and now that she wasn't with her, she had nowhere to go.