two

ghost of you

Nayeon wasn’t one to go out during the day. Not anymore at least. 

But she knew better than to refuse Park Jihyo’s offer -which was more like a command- to go out to grab a coffee with her.

Hence why she was now sat on a comfortable sofa inside Jihyo’s favourite cafe, playing with the chocolate cake the younger woman had so kindly bought for her.

She heard Jihyo’s voice say something about some breathtaking Japanese woman stealing her heart, but Nayeon wasn’t actually listening to her.

She swore she had tried to at first, but her mind had started drifting away the moment her order had arrived and she was instantly brought back to when she was just a carefree teenage girl who would go out for coffee every afternoon with her caring girlfriend.

She still ordered the same old vanilla latte and chocolate cake every time, however, the person sitting on the other side of the table had now changed.

It brought pain to her heart, but she was hopeful her lover and she would reunite one day.

 

She had promised herself she wouldn’t give up.

 

And suddenly, she felt a new spark of hope when the barista called out a specific order Nayeon seemed to know way too well.

 

“Chocolate latte and apple pie”

 

That was also her lover’s favourite order.

 

Nayeon found herself smiling happily again.