five

ghost of you

Staring mindlessly at the leaves falling from the old tree, Nayeon wondered how her lover was doing.

It had been a while since she had last gone to the park near her parents’ house and she was left amazed when she realised that the tree her lover and she used to sit under, covered by its big shadow from the blinding light of the sun in the summer early mornings, was still there, high in the sky, steady on the ground.

 

Just like four years ago.

 

She remembered that they would often go there to walk Jeongyeon's dogs. Every time they would play with them, her lover would have the biggest smile on her lips. 

That always made Nayeon's heart fill with joy.

 

Knowing she was happy was enough to make her day.

 

And after four years, the mere thought of her lover's smile was so vivid in her mind that it seemed like Jeongyeon had never left, and it was still able to make her heart flutter like the first time she had seen it.

 

Now, sat under the big tree, summer was only an old memory that she still tried to hold on to, with the slightly cold air of autumn on her clothes, making her shiver from time to time, while she could see from the corner of her eyes the sun setting in the distance.

 

Maybe, tomorrow would be better.

 

Maybe, her lover and she would finally meet.