seven

ghost of you

Nayeon had spent the day crying.

When her boss had called her to ask why she hadn't arrived to work yet, she just answered saying she was sick and to her surprise he believed her.

Perhaps, her broken voice had been enough to convince him.

All of a sudden she felt lost and the house that she had so carefully cleaned for her lover's return was a mess all over again.

She felt ashamed when she looked around herself and saw everything on the ground broken by her own self out of rage.

A rage that she herself didn't know where it came from.

The first thing she had done the night before, after coming back from her Sunday meeting with Jihyo, was crash her house and everything that she laid her eyes on, not caring about the fact that she was destroying all the memories Jeongyeon and she had built during their years together.

 

She felt broken inside and it was only fair that her surroundings were as broken as her.

 

Even the yearbook that she had let her hopeful tears fall on weeks before, the one hiding all the memories from her teenage days, was now gone like her hope and only some shreds of crumpled papers were left of it.

All of the presents Jeongyeon had gotten for her during their relationship had been crashed against the wall and rested now lifelessly on the ground.

The pictures of them together that she always stared at when she woke up, when she left the house and before going to bed, had all been torn off and it was impossible to find all the pieces in the mess her house became in just a couple of hours.

The space she left for her lover on her bed, where she had spent the early hours of the morning after destroying her house, was now wetted by Nayeon's uncontrollable tears.

 

Tears that she had kept inside for years with the excuse of being hopeful and waiting for Jeongyeon to come back into her life.

 

But now it was all too clear to Nayeon and even if she didn't want to admit it, there was only one thing she had left to do.

 

With broken eyes, an exhausted heart and slow steps, she left the house, ready to see Jeongyeon again.