Goodbyes and Calls

With You [Hiatus]

"Jennie-ssi! The dinner is ready!" Sunbaenim shouted from the kitchen.

"Ne~ Coming~" I sang back. It felt so natural doing that. We might have known each other for such a short while but it felt right when we were together. 

After his reply to my blunt comment my thoughts became such a mess that it took me four dogs to pet to distract myself. While Sehun sunbaenim said he would make dinner he asked me to enjoy with the dogs. Not being rude, I did offer to help him in the kitchen, which he accepted. But after my trial to fry a bit of onions ended up with me burning the whole pan out and almost my hair too he banned me from entering kitchen. Well it is not my fault that I cannot cook, even my mom was vain in kitchen.

I already fed the dogs and made them comfortable in the 'Dog's room' so I padded my way to the kitchen. 

After having some alone time to think anout everything which included Sehun sunbaenim and his kindness I thought, why not be a bit cute when sunbaenim can be such a flirt? Which ended up me doing this.

"May I come in sir?" I asked standing near the kitchen entrance. 

Sunbaenim turned towards me and let out a small laugh, "Yes you may. But stay away from the stove please. I don't want my new house burnt."

"Oh come on. It was just by mistake. I am an ace when it comes to cooking you know." I said. Even I knew that I was a disaster in kitchen but I tried to show only the graceful me to sunbaenim. I wanted to look like a perfect girl infront of my crush.

"Yeah yeah. I could see how much of an ace you are, Jennie-ssi. Come and sit down now I am pretty much done with everything." Sunbaenim deadpanned. 

I just pouted and sat down. I looked at the dishes he made. Almost everything was low fat food but it looked really yummy. Is he a secret chef by any chance? How can he cook with such a perfection?

"We are all men and we live alone in the dorms. So we end up learning how to cook. And Kyungsoo hyung goes to cooking classes so he teaches me a bit." Sunbaenim answered my un-asked question.

"Oooh... but Sunbaenim why is everything so... I don't know how to say it, chef like?" I asked in confusion.

"You mean the way it is decorated?" He clarified. I nodded. "I like it like that. And maybe I wanted to impress you with my cooking skills." He said the last part with his oh so very ý loopside grin. And of course my traitor blush crept its way to my cheeks. 

"I purposely made low fat food thinking you might be on diet... Is that fine?" He asked.

"Of course! Thank you for your concern."

I didn't even realise that it took us more than two hours just eating and talking about everything and nothing till the time my phone started ringing. I went to the living room where I kept my phone. It was Jisoo unnie. 

Jn: Hello?

Js: Yah! We are at the dorms. Where are you? The rain already stopped. 

Jn: It did? Sorry I didn't check. 

Js: Where are you? I am coming to pick you up.

Jn: Eh?! Why are you coming? I will come on my own. 

I started to panic. How can I tell them that I am at Sehun sunbaenim's home? I will never hear the end of it if that happens. 

Js: Are you sure? 

Jn: Yup! I am coming in half an hour. So don't worry.

With that I quickly hanged up. I turned towards kitchen only to find sunbaenim already cleaned up the table and was putting the dishes in dish washer.

"I could have done that," I said feeling bad for making him do all the work. 

"It's alright. I can do this much. Was it your unnie​?" He asked. 

"Ne, they are at the dorms now. I think I need to get going." I said in a low voice. To the truth to be told, I enjoyed the time I spent with him so much that I didn't wish to leave so fast. Not only the dinner was tasty but talking to him like a normal person felt so good and right that it felt sad that it ended as quickly as it started. 

"You might want to change." Sunbaenim said. 

"Ne. I will take them with me and return it you after I wash them. That is the least I can do." I said with a pleading look. This way I can meet him again. Oh God! Jennie you are turning into a ert. 

"Sure." Sunbaenim agreed way quickly than he should. Maybe he wanted to meet again too. 

"Shall I drop you near your dorms?" Sunbaenim asked. 

"No!" I quickly. And that made sunbaenim's face a bit dejected. "I am not trying to avoid you or something. It is more like trying to avoid my members. I will never get to see the end of it if they get to know that I was with all this time." I quickly blurted trying to make him feel better. And it really did. And that made me smile. 

"Alright then. I will see you around?" Sunbaenim said a bit nervously. Wow this man can feel that emotion? I thought it was just me.

"Yes. Of course, I mean I do have to return your clothes." I said. By this time I was blushing and even sunbaenim's cheeks were slightly flushed. It felt as if we had our first date and were looking forward for the next. I really wanted to ask his number with an excuse of trying to contact him when I wanted to return his clothes. But I was too shy to do that. 

"Can I get your phone for a second?" Sunbaenim asked suddenly. 

"Ne? My phone?" I asked in confusion. 

He nodded in return. I warily gave him the handphone. He opened and did something which I don't have any idea about but after a minute I heard a phone ringing. I looked at him in question. 

"Now you have my number and I have yours. You can contact me whenever you want." He said with a proud face. As if he achieved a big task which he had been struggling to do. I just smiled at his instincts. He was really cute. 

"Ne. I surely will." I replied.

______________________________________________ 

"Yah! What took you so long?" Jisoo unnie asked while opening the door for me.

"Nothing~" I sang.

"Eh? What happened to you? Why do you look so... happy?" She asked in confusion. Well how could I not look bright when I had such a wonderful day. God bless rain for its timing to descend on earth. 

"Yah! Who are you? What did you do to our RBF Jennie?" Jisoo unnie continued.

"Aish! I am having a good time and you are trying to spoil it. Aigoo~"

"I seriously think you ate something wrong."

Ha ha ha ha! What could be wrong with the perfect dinner made sunbaenim? It was just too good. 

"Are trying to say that the chef who made the food didn't cook well?" I asked her in an serious voice, although I was just joking around.

"Of course. How can you be like this if there is nothing wrong with the food you ate?"

"How can you have the heart to question a skill of a perfect chef? You, including all of us can never make a dish as perfect as he could. I hereby give an order to never demoralize the chef who made the perfect dinner!" I said it a king like tone with one hand forward like a king giving an order.

"Oh god! She is even joking around? Lisa! Rosè! Something is wrong with your unnie!" She shouted. And on cue both the maknaes came running with a worried expression. 

"Wae? What is wrong?" Lisa asked looking back and forth at me and Jisoo unnie.

"It is nothing. Relax." I said. Seriously? How childish can unnie be? "By the way I bought gifts!" I exclaimed. 

"Yah!" Both the maknaes shouted.


I kept the bag with sunbaenim's clothes under my bed and laid on the bed thinking about what all we talked about. We talked about everything! Me living in New Zealand to how I got selected as a trainee. What my father does and how much of a vain me and mother are in kitchen, about my dogs, my home in korea and in New Zealand, my trainee days, my members, my favourite food, colour, music, clothes, brands, everything. And he did same. What shocked me was that he actually did honours in psychology and was going to do masters soon! I never expected him to be this highly educated. I mean of course doing graduation, I could see that coming but in psychology? No way! He potrays himself like a dumb person to the world but hided the fact that he was infact extremely talented. If it would have been me, I would have right now made banners around the whole world.

His love for music and dance was really admirable. He knew how to cook, has done graduation and was going to post graduation, one of the best dancers, a real beauty, and a really respectable person. What more can a girl expect from a man? No wonder he has such a big fan base. OSHBar was it?

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Who would message me at this time? I opened the phone to find a message from...Sehun oppa❤?! My cheeks immediately became tinted. 

I shot up to open the message. 

Shocked? It read. 

J: Seriously, sunbaenim? Oppa❤? 

S: Hee hee! How was it?

J: I am changing it!

S: No! You can not!

J: But why? It is embarrassing. And since when did I called you oppa?

S: Now. 😎

J: Oh boy! You are being childish sunbaenim. 

S: Oppa!!!

J: No! It is embarrassing. And by the way my members will tease me! >////<

I couldn't believe that I was actually talking to sunbaenim so casually. And it felt so good.

S: Don't care. It doesn't matters. Just call me oppa!!! 😡😡😡

J: To think the maknae of one of the most popular band is being this childish... what will the world think? 🤭

S: That's a secret between you and me, Jennie-ssi. 🤫

A secret? Between me and sunbaenim? I could keep one.

J: Still won't call you oppa. It is tooooo embarrassing. 

I waited for a reply but it didn't came. Did I replied rudely? Should I have tried calling him oppa? I mean it is still a bit embarrassing but... he really asked. I was pouting and waiting for a reply when Lisa and Rosè walked in and fell on top of my bed.

"Why are you pouting unnie?" Rosè asked.

"I am waiting for a reply," I sighed. 

"Reply? Whose reply?" Lisa asked. Shoot! I just blurted it out! What am going to say? I was about to formulate a reply when my phone started ringing. I jumped to to see who it was. 

Sehun oppa 

I quickly picked up before Lisa or Rosè could see the caller Id.

"Hello?" I greeted.

"Call me oppa," came a velvet voice. Sunbaenim's voice sounded just perfect even through a call.

"Just a second," I said to sunbaenim and turned to the maknaes, "Bye bye both of you. Its an important call." I said trying to shoo them away. 

"Important? Who is it from?" Rosè asked while getting up. I needed a strong person to make them go away fast.

"Yang depyunim!" I quickly replied. Immediately they ran out of the room closing the door behind them. 

"Do I sound like your CEO? I didn't know that I sounded so wierd on cellphone," Sunbaenim said.

"No you don't. Infact your voice sounds y!" I blurted out. My God! Where in the hèll has my brain to mouth filter vanished?!

A full hearted laugh came from other side making me blush hard.

"Shall I say thank you?" 

I just stayed quiet trying to control my heart which was on its way to leap out of my chest.

"Well, what are you doing?" Sunbaenim asked trying to distract. 

"Is that why you called?" I asked him back.

"You are no fair, Jennie-ssi. I asked you first."

"I am just sitting in my room. Now your turn."

"I was bored. That's why I called you."

"Am I an entertainer for you?" I was slightly hurt by how he said it.

"No, but you make me feel better." He said with a sigh. It sounded as if something had happened. Although what he said made me feel happy but at the same time his voice made me concerned. 

"Did something happen?" I asked softly.

I heard a small chuckle from other side and he said, "How do you know?"

"Just figured out from your tone." I said. "Are you okay?"

"I will be fine," he said. And it made me feel more restless knowing that something actually happened. 

"You can say it you know. I will hear it for you," I said. 

"I am already feeling better Jennie-ssi. Talking to you has its own benefits you know." He said the last part with a fake amused voice.

Now it made me really concerned. What could have happened to make a person like him sound like that? I stood up from the bed and walked towards the balcony as if it made me closer to him.

"Oppa..." I whispered. If that would make him feel better I would call him that as many times as he wishes. Even if its embarrassing. 

I heared a deep sigh before he spole again in a very timid voice, "Say it again."

"O-oppa," I repeated. I could feel the blush creeping its way again.

"You have no idea how happy it makes me when you call me that, Jennie-ssi," he said this time in a better and natural tone. 

"Stop it, its embarrassing," I mumbled. 

He just laughed in reply. We just stayed for a silent for a minute or so when I heard a sniffle from other side. Was he crying?! 

"Sunbaenim?! What happened?!" I nearly shouted. I didn't know that something that bad had happened which could make him cry.

"I-its nothing Jennie-ssi. It was really good talking to you." He said. His voice cracked a bit. Before I could say anything he whispered, "Thank you. Have a good night, Jennie-ssi." With that he hung up the phone. 

I stared at the phone not knowing what to do. What happened? Why was he crying? I didn't even know how to console him. It scared me knowing that the man who stayed as rock for me is now so crumpled. Only one way was left, for me to support him. Though it was a great risk, I was ready to take it. I immediately ran to take my mask, glasses, cap and the muffler. I covered myself making sure no one could recognise me and took off to the front door.

"Jennie?! Where are you going at this time?" Jisoo unnie asked.

"Unnie! Chebal! Just this once. I will be back quickly. It is really urgent." I said while wearing my sport shoes. If I have to reach him faster I have to put my athletic skills in test today. 

"Do you realise what time is it now? It is 10:30 for the f**ks sake! Just come back! Don't be foolish!" Jisoo unnie screamed which she rarely did. 

"Unnie listen to me. And listen to me very clearly!" I said while grabbing her shoulders to get her attention. By this time both the maknaes came out see what is the commotion about.

"Unnie?" Both Lisa and Rosè said at the same time. I just smiled slightly at them and turned towards Jisoo unnie.

"Unnie, a real bad thing happened to a person I deeply care about. I cannot tell who he or she is for n number of reasons but trust me this once. Please. That person is crying and I never imagined that person can get this week. I will explain everything to you when I come back and don't get worried about my safety. There is no other place than there where I can be safer. Please?" I begged her. Unnie sighed and nodded lightly.

"Promise me you will call me as soon as you can. That is the least you can do." Unnie said.

In reply I just nodded and took off. I ran through the streets to reach his house. Although I passed only once through this road I already remember it like the back of my hand. By the time I reached his apartment complex I was out of breath. The security looked at me as if I am some saesang fan but I ignored him and pushed the buttons. To enter you needed password which I knew because I saw sunbaenim doing it. It was Exo sunbaenim's debut date. Seeing I know the password which meant I am someone who knows someone from the building the security gaurd backed off. I ran to elevator and went to his floor. The moment it dinged when it reached his floor I ran to his apartment and pressed his doorbell. After a minute or so the door opened only to find a red faced sunbaenim. I gasped at the sight before me. There were tear stains on his porcelain skin and his eyes were glassy, showing how much he cried. It broke my heart that someone made him like this and it me angry at the same time. 

On recognising me his eyes widened in shock. I made my way inside and closed the door. I stood beside him looking at him not knowing wetehr I should say something or not. He stared at me for a while trying to figure out what just happened and then suddenly his eyes became teary and fresh wave of tears made their way out of his eyes spilling over his cheeks. To see a strong person like him so week made me almost cry. My eyes stinged with tears which threatened to spill out. He bowed his head and came closer to me and bent down to lay his head on my shoulder. If it was in any other situation it would have made me laugh at our height difference but now it scared me. It scared me to see him like this. And I did the only thing I could think of. I pulled his head closer and hugged him to dear  life, showing him I was there for him. His cries only worsened making my tears slowly and quietly flow like thin silver threads with beads. Like that we stayed as a support for each other for God knows how long, not knowing what was wrong. 

And that day I realised that he was not just a simple crush anymore. He way more than that.