Smiles and Texts

With You [Hiatus]

"After your stupid supposed to be the promising message, there was no sign of contact. No calls, no message, absolutely nothing" Was the first thing I heard when I entered the dorms.

I was greeted by a very worried looking unnie waking around the room with her cellphone in her hands. Both Lisa and Chaeyoungie gave worried looks standing at the back holding each other's hands getting prepared for what was about to hit.

"I wish I could come through the phone, Jennie," Unnie said in a very calm voice. But her eyes weren't even on the radar of calmness. She looked like she was about to burst. "I wish I could come to kill you then and there!" She spat. I flinched at her anger and hung my head low. I was standing in the doorway with my hands in front.

"Do you have any freaking idea how worried we were?" Unnie shouted. "Did you check your phone?! How many missed calls from me, from the maknaes? Did you check?"

I didn't even dare to open mouth to explain.

"And don't even dare to tell that you messaged me. All you sent was that you reached were going to be late. Was that supposed to assure me of your safety? What were you even thinking? Care to tell me? What was so damn important that you had to stay there past midnight?!" Unnie screamed the last part. God! I think my ears might bleed with all the shouting. But yeah, I deserved all of it. So I stayed quiet. "You didn't even pick your stupid phone! What was so important, Jennie?! Answer me!" I kept silent and looking at the marble floor which suddenly seemed much more interesting to me.

"Did you even check your phone, Jennie?" Unnie suddenly asked in a slow voice stepping towards me. "Check your phone, Jennie." She added when I didn't say anything in response. I knew she called me and messaged me many times, but in my defense, my phone was on silent while I was playing with those munchkins. I checked all of them while I was coming. I felt so guilty about my members being distressed because of me while I was having a gala time.

"I know, I checked all of them, unnie. I am sorry." I said without lifting my face.

"Look at me, Jennie." I didn't dare to lift my face. One thing I was scared of was an angry Jisoo unnie. 

"I said look at me!" She shouted. I flinched slightly and ever so slowly lifted my eyes to meet her hers.

"I asked you something and you answer me Jennie. I am asking you again, where were you? What were you doing that you couldn't even pick up your damned phone?! Who was so important that you had to stay out till 1:30?"

I was about to tell her that I couldn't tell about that she made me shut my mouth the moment I opened it. "I don't want to here that you cannot tell me. Either you tell me who it is or I report this to sajangnim.” She declared.

Oh boy, I think I really pissed her off if she is going this far. I think we are witnessing a new form of ore-Jisoo unnie.

“I am sorry, it is not her mistake. I am the one at fault.” Came a very familiar voice behind me. I whipped my face to find Sehun sunbaenim with a guilty face. He looked at me and gave an assuring smile. “And I am sorry I came here without permission but Jennie-ssi left her phone in the car.” He said softly.

And me? I couldn’t even move a muscle. I was so shocked to find him at my doorstep that by brain just stopped working. And here I was planning not to tell the members about him. And how did he found out where I lived? Oh, it was just my running mouth, I told him while we were in the car.

I slowly turned to my members preparing myself to explain the situation that I almost laughed at the sight before my eyes. Their eyes where as big as saucers and were looking at sunbaenim as if he is an alien. I cleared my throat to gain their attention to show them that are being rude.

“Oh!” Jisoo unnie snapped out of her trance. “Annyongahoseyo sunbaenim,” Jisoo unnie greeted him. And the maknaes followed her.

“Annyongahoseyo,” sunbaenim greeted still standing outside.

“Please come in! Don’t stand outside sunbaenim.” Chaeyong said.

“Animida, I don’t want to intrude. Thank you, but I will get going now.” Sunbaenim said and stepped towards me. “Jennie-ssi?” He called. I looked at him in question.

“Your phone..” He waved it. Ah! Phone, right my phone. But wait a second, whose phone was in my pocket then?

“But I have mine…” I trailed off as I pulled the one in my pocket. Oh boy, it wasn’t mine.

“It got exchanged,” He said in an amused voice.

I just silently exchanged the phone without meeting his eyes because I was too embarrassed, and I knew he would tease me.

There was an awkward pause before he said, “I am sorry that she was out till this late. It was because of me so I will take the responsibility for it, please don’t scold her.” He said to Jisoo unnie. And unexpectedly unnie’s face softened immediately. Wah! How can he calm ore-Jisoo mode in seconds?

“It’s alright, I guess.” She said. “Please do come in, would you like to have tea or something?” She asked.

“Animida, I shall really get going. I have a schedule tomorrow morning. And it is getting late, you all should sleep too.” He said. God, this man is so nice. How can he be so caring? “Please take care and remember to close the door. It is not safe to keep it open at this hour.”

“Ah, ne. I guess we were too caught up in the moment and didn’t pay attention.” Unnie explained. Sunbaenim just nodded.

“Once again I apologize for keeping Jennie-ssi for so long. I needed her.” The moment those words left his moth I turned beat red. “Jennie-ssi, thank you.” He whispered softly to me. All I could do was nod slowly. I was blushing too much these days.

“Well then, take care. Good night everyone.” He addressed everyone this time.

“Good night sunbaenim!” The maknaes shouted. They are seriously embarrassing.

Sunbaenim chuckled at them and waved at them, which they returned excitedly. Sunbaenim gave me a last smile and walked outside closing the door behind him.

We all stared at the closed door not knowing how to react. I was trying to digest the fact that my members just got to know that I spent almost 4 hours with my long time crush and I didn’t tell them. I slowly turned to them to see their reaction. All of them were looking at me with a question written on their face. ‘What was the maknae of nation’s pick band doing at our doorstep?’

The maknaes decided to break the silence. “Did you just see that?” Lisa turned to Chaeng.

“Lisa, Lisa, watch this!” Chaeyeon said excitedly. “‘I apologize. I needed her’~” She mimicked sunbaenim. Oh my God. This is so embarrassing.

“Oh my God! Jennie unnie!” Lisa came hopping to me and spinned me around. “I am so happy for you!” She shouted. Chaeng joined the spinning game.

“Good Jesus, stop it! My head is spinning,” I tried my best to make them stop.

“Ah! Mian! And Congo!” Chaeng said.

“It is not what you are thinking,” I tried to explain.

“Then what in the hell it is?” Jisoo unnie spoke for the first time after sunbaenim left. I turned to her. Is she angry again? But I was taken aback by her expression. “Are you dating him?” She shouted. This time not in anger but excitement.

“No, no, no! Like I said, its nothing like that.”

“Oh God, Jeundeukki! I am so excited! Good for you, you brat! You got one fine man. I totally approve.”

“Me too!” Lisa and Chaeng giggled.

My words are definitely going into deaf ears.

“You should have told us unnie. I am sad.” Lisa pouted.

“Ne! We wouldn’t have been this worried if we knew you were on a late night date with your… hee hee ... crush.” Chaeng giggled.

“Seriously, my energy was wasted for nothing. From now onwards just tell us that you are out on a date with your boyfriend, we won’t bother you.” Jisoo unnie added.

“Unnie! Let’s have the talk!” Lisa pipped in.

“You don’t say.” Jisoo unnie deadpanned and pulled me towards our makeshift bed.

“Yes!” Chaeng danced towards the duvets and dived onto the blankets.

We all snuggled closely. The moment we all were settled Jisoo unnie turned to me. “Now, spill!” Her eyes were sparkling with excitement.

“For your kind information, let me make it very clear. I am dating NO BODY!”

"What?!" Chaeng gave me a horrified look. 

"Then what were you doing with him until this time?" Jisoo unnie asked. 

"Friends with benefits?" Lisa questioned amused. Holy Jesus! This girl has no limits to her imagination!

"My goodness, no!" I immediately retorted. "How many times do I have to tell you? We are just friends,.... I guess?" 

"Friends don't give honey dripping gazes to each other Jennie," Jisoo unnie said as if it is a matter of fact. Well, that is the second time this day, hearing about gazes I mean. 

"Yeah that was quite romantic if you ask me." Lisa chimed. 

"Okay, now leave it!" God, till when is this going to continue?

"Then why did you go running to him, even if it's this late?" Chaeng asked.

"That's different. He was at that time," I paused not knowing what to say. I certainly cannot tell he was crying or something, it is his private life. "I guess, unstable? I don't know. Now enough of this chit chat, lemme sleep, the dogs weared me out."

"Dogs? What dogs?" Lisa asked.

"Pokpak, shut up and sleep," I said.

"You are escaping unnie," Chaeng sang.

"Roseanne, if you have a death wish then keep talking," I warned as I pulled the duvet over me. "Good night, everyone." I whispered. 

"Good night," the rest sang.

Everyone quickly drifted off to dreamland. Guess I made them too tired. Just when I snuggled close to Jisoo unnie to get more comfortable my phone buzzed in my pocket, startling me. Damn, I forgot to change my clothes and the phone is still in my pocket. 

I slowly crept out of our cocoon without disturbing them and walked into my room. 

Pulling on my pj's, I checked my phone. 

Sehun oppa♡ 

It immediately bought smile to my face. 

S: Don't keep your phone silent next time onwards, you worry others too much, Jennie-ssi.

J: Ne, ne. I won't~~😌

J: Are you feeling better now?

S: Way better ~ Thank you^^

S: How did your teasing session go? XD

He knew this would happen! 

J: Oh God, I just made them sleep. And... you know about this?!

S: Of course. I would never get to hear the end of it, if it were my members. 

J: Guess we are on the same ship. :(

S: I won't mind shipping it though😉

J: Bye bye. I don't know who this flirty man is. -_-

S: Ha Ha Ha.. You know me too well, hon.

J: Hon?! Who are you?? Where is the shy sunbaenim??

S: That person is long gone. The devil has taken over. #Hail_to_the_new_Sehun! 😈

I chuckled at his childishness. It was cute.

J: XD What's gotten into you sunbaenim? Go sleep and bring back my real one by tomorrow.

Did I just send that?!

S: I am yours? 

I could practically see his smug face through the phone. 

J: Bye Bye. Jennie has officially left the world. 

I was too embarassed to continue this. 

S: XD Ha Ha. Good night Jennie-ssi ;) 

Although I was embarrassed as hell still I couldn't stop smiling. I danced my way to the hall and snuggled in the duvet with a big smile. For some reason I felt as if I was on top of the world. 

That night I dreamt of two fluffy dogs and a man with glasses staring at me with a smile. I think I never had a better dream than this.


I took a looong time to update this story. I am sorry. I am planning on to complete it soon, so thank you for waiting patiently for this. 

I had few issues with my personal life but it is getting better now. And I was concentrating on my other story Lost. Do check it out if you like^^

Thank you for all the subscribers and upvotes. Lemme know how did you find the new chapter. 

Kisses,

Agent_K

P.S. Stay safe!