-13

To protect you

Hongbin was laughing. His heartfelt laugh echoing all over the place, his dimples were deep as the boy curved his body back a little bit while laughing with his eyes completely closed. When he finally finished laughing, he looked towards the boy in front of him.

 

Hakyeon was looking at him with so loving eyes. He loved to see Hongbin laughing, he liked seeing him enjoying himself, he wanted to preserve that smile, he wanted more laughs and smiles like that.

 

"Oh, our food it's here." Hakyeon said smiling as their food was placed in front of them. Hakyeon noticed how Hongbin eyed the plates in front of them, he could see hints of regret on those big brown eyes. "Come on, you promised me you'll eat it!" Hakyeon said.

 

They went to a nice restaurant, it was one of those restaurants with italian theme. Hongbin ordered just a plate of Ravioli stuffed with meat and a lot of white sauce, he also promised Hakyeon he was going to eat the whole plate.

 

Hongbin quickly looked up at Hakyeon and just nodded. He had promised himself he was going to be normal today. He took his fork and stabbed one of the Raviollis. "Enjoy your meal" Hongbin said and Hakyeon smiled before starting to eat his own pasta.

 

"You too." Hakyeon said as he saw the younger boy placing the hot dough in between his lips. Hongbin hummed in enjoyment as he savoured the delicious food. He loved pasta, any kind of pasta, but it's been so long since he last had a bite of any kind of italian food.

 

"Is it good?" Hakyeon asked smiling. Hongbin quickly nodded, face shining brightly with true joy as he did too. Hakyeon smiled softly as he looked at Hongbin.

 

When their managers weren't around, and when they were cheerful enough, MUSE artist could get to be quite bright.

 

Hyuk laughed loudly as he took another sip of his beer. Nuggets and beer was a great combination. Wonsik just remained in silence as he looked at Taekwoon laughing loudly, red cheeks, clearly already drunk.

 

The passed night, they got really drunk too, Taekwoon wasn't good at drinking, he would get drunk extremely easy, but Wonsik didn't mind, Taekwoon was quite loud and cute when he was drunk. He would spend most of the time laughing loudly and joking or playing around.

 

Wonsik smiled as he took another short sip from his beer.

 

"Hyung, you should stop already" Hyuk said as he stopped Taekwoon from continuing drinking. Hyuk seemed to have a better alcohol tolerance. Taekwoon looked at Hyuk like a scolded child as Hyuk took his beer away, he seemed ready to put up a tantrum.

 

But Taekwoon didn't seemed to be the only person they needed to worry about, as Jaehwan had a extremely bad alcohol tolerance himself. Wonsik silently stole Jaehwan's drink without the older one noticing.

 

"Yah! Where's my drink?" The other soloist complained as he looked down at the table where his drink was not at anymore. He looked at the other three boys with an angry stare and Hyuk just giggled.

 

"Hyung, is too early to get drunk, you two better stop drinking and start eating." Hyuk said before standing up. Confiscating the beer's of Jaehwan and Taekwoon and bringing back two empty cups filled with coke and two bars of chocolate. "That's your drink now and eat those." Hyuk said.

 

The two olders pouted and whined but still took the cups of coke as their stuffed their mouths with nuggets. Hyuk sat down next to Jaehwan again. "They both are so different but so similar" Hyuk said.

 

While living with Jaehwan, Hyuk noticed multiple things, he noticed how Jaehwan was completely different from the other soloist. Jaehwan was loud, he was hyperactive and loved to get tons of attention, while Taekwoon got tired easily, was calmer but childish and preferred to not be the center of attention.

 

Still he noticed how both of them had low alcohol tolerance, how both of them find immense joy in singing and performing, also he noticed how both of them were so funny to tease and bully.

 

Wonsik took another nugget, he looked towards Hyuk, maybe he judged him wrongly, well, yeah, probably he judged him wrongly. "So, you like Jaehwan hyung?" Wonsik finally asked and Hyuk choked on his nuggets.

 

"Ah?!" He said loudly, confused by the sudden question.

 

"Do you like him?" Wonsik said signalling to the drunk boy next to Hyuk.

 

Hyuk turned to look at Jaehwan. He hasn't thought about that if he was completely honest.

 

Does he likes Jaehwan? He wasn't sure? Yes, he loved how the older was so nice and kind to him, how Jaehwan was so empathic and how he was trying so hard to help him and the other two. Jaehwan was an amazing person, but, did Hyuk liked him like that?

 

Hyuk had never had any romantic experience before, he has never put his eyes on women nor men before, he wasn't even sure if he was attracted at all to Jaehwan. "Can I answer you some other day?" Hyuk asked.

 

He needed to think on it. He also didn't want to admit it in front of the two drunk singers.

 

Wonsik didn't answer but he didn't press on the topic either. Instead he stood up, he picked up Taekwoon with ease and started to walk back towards his room, Hyuk followed close behind while carrying Jaehwan on his back.

 

Both of the two drunk boys seemed to be already sleepy.

 

And they weren't the only ones sleepy.

 

Maybe it was that Hongbin, actually, did eat the whole plate, but the younger had fallen asleep quite easily as soon as the car engine . Hakyeon started to drive off towards his own apartment, he wasn't going to take Hongbin back to his dorm anytime soon.

 

Reaching to his building with the sleeping boy on his car. He parked on his usual spot and turned to look at Hongbin. He slowly shook the younger boy. "Wake up" Hakyeon said tenderly. Hongbin slowly started to open his eyes and Hakyeon smiled fondly at him. "Come on, we are at my apartment" Hakyeon said.

 

Hakyeon got out of the car and after some minutes, Hongbin finally walked out of the car too. Hakyeon took hold of Hongbin's arm and started to drag him towards the elevator. "Do you want to keep sleeping? We can go straight to my apartment so you can sleep a bit more" Hakyeon said.

 

"Or..." Hongbin said. The way Hakyeon had commented the possibility of going straight to the apartment made Hongbin think the older had another plan too.

 

"We can go to my friend's apartment for a while" Hakyeon said. Hongbin knew Hyuk and Hyuk was with Jaehwan. Jaehwan just lived a couple of floors under Hakyeon, so they could stop by so Hongbin and Hyuk could talk for a bit.

 

Hongbin shook his head. He wasn't in the mood for social interactions, he didn't want to be with anyone else, just he and Hakyeon for the day seemed to be a nice idea. "Let's go to my apartment then" Hakyeon said.

 

Hongbin looked at the older, trying to decipher if Hongbin's decision has affected his mood, maybe made him upset Hongbin didn't wanted to spend time with Hakyeon's friends, but he didn't saw any chance.

 

The older one kept a faint smile as he waited patiently for the elevator to stop on their destination. When the elevator finally stopped at the floor 26, they walked out and towards one of the doors in the hallway.

 

Hakyeon's apartment was big, two bedrooms, the kitchen, a living room with a TV, and an amazing view. Hongbin could even say he felt jealous of the so spacious and beautiful house.

 

He bite his lower lip. There he goes again with his envy and jealousy. "Do you like it?" Hakyeon asked. Hongbin just hummed as he stepped into the apartment. No daring to say anything in fear his tone of voice would give away his selfish feelings.

 

"You can take a nap on my bedroom or in the guest's room, however you feel comfortable" Hakyeon said as he took off his shoes and coats. Hongbin nodded again, still not trusting his voice nor his feelings.

 

He took his shoes off and made his way towards the rooms. Hakyeon stood on the entrance of the hallway, his eyes following Hongbin's lazy steps. Hongbin entered one of the rooms choosing his place to nap.

 

Hakyeon trialed after him. Hongbin had chosen his room to nap at. Once he walked into the room, he saw the younger one getting under the warm blankets and he walked towards the curtains, closing the curtains to allow the younger one more sleep.

 

"If you wake up and I am not here, I am at the apartment 24 A" Hakyeon explained. "If I leave I'll leave the keys on the door" Hakyeon explained and saw how Hongbin tensed up.

 

Was Hakyeon going to leave him alone at an unknown place?

 

Maybe not unknown for Hakyeon but it was completely unknown for Hongbin. Hakyeon noticed this and climbed on the bed. "Or, I can nap with you" Hakyeon suggested. Hongbin frowned and pushed the older away slightly.

 

At first Hakyeon was taken aback, and also slightly offended, but then, thanks to the light coming into the room by the open door, he saw a pink blush on Hongbin's cheeks and ears. "Why are you afraid of being alone?" Hakyeon asked scooting closer to the younger one.

 

"Who said I am afraid?" Hongbin said. Finally covering himself with the blanket and turning his back to Hakyeon. "I just, it doesn't feels right to nap here if the owner of the apartment isn't here" Hongbin excused.

 

"Yeah, sure" Hakyeon said smiling. He got his phone while resting against the head of the bed. He played games and read some online books as Hongbin was in deep sleep next to him.

 

Maybe it was because of the amount of things he did that day, but Hakyeon didn't even noticed when he drifted into sleep. He woke up just about an hour ago when he heard shuffling around the bed.

 

Hongbin sat up on the bed as he looked around before spotting Hakyeon next to him. He smiled softly at the other and Hakyeon simply smiled back. The older one sat up on the bed too.

 

"Did you rest?" Hakyeon asked. Hongbin did seemed more rested than what he has before. Hongbin nodded before the noise of a ringing distracted them. Hongbin reached for his phone.

 

Hakyeon could see the fear and uncertainty in Hongbin's eyes. He leaned over the other's shoulders before seeing the word Manager on the phone's screen. Hongbin picked up with a bit of fear.

 

Hakyeon quickly pressed the speakers button before Hongbin could take the phone to his ears, but Hongbin didn't complaint nor fight back as the voice of his manager rang through the room.

 

"Where the hell are you at?!" The man screamed. "You better go back to your dorm in this exact moment or you are dead Lee Hongbin!" The man threat him. Hakyeon felt his blood boiled as the man dared to threat the life of the other actor.

 

"Yes, sir" Hongbin whispered. It made Hakyeon feel bad. He was right next to Hongbin, still he wasn't doing anything to help the other one at all. Hakyeon took the phone from Hongbin's hands.

 

"No, sir" Hakyeon said. "Listen here. Hongbin will be back home when I SAY he can go back home." Hakyeon said. His words didn't sounded any better than what his manager said, but Hakyeon was trying to protect Hongbin.

 

Hongbin tried to take his phone back but Hakyeon just kept getting further away from him. "Stop calling to threat." He added. "I'll call the police next time you do that!" He exclaimed as Hongbin followed him while beg him to give him his phone back.

 

Hakyeon hang up before Hongbin's manager could say anything else and then he turned to face Hongbin. Hongbin quickly hit him on the chest. "Are you crazy?!" He exclaimed.

 

"No yet, but I may be going crazy for you." Hakyeon said.

 

Loud and clear.