Chapter 3

The Second Prince's Bride (Yunjae)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Un-beta 

_____________________ 

Chapter 3 

 

 

The lights from the main royal estate shone brightly, illuminating the reception party, all the guest stood around almost in groups, mingling together with chit-chat. But when they were really interest was the bride. To Jaejoong the occasion felt so strange to him, maybe the reason for this was because it was his wedding reception, he wasn’t a guest people were looking at him as if he was on display. Instead he felt like the guests where more like specters, due to the fact, it was only announced to the public of their short engagement, if that was what you could call it. Jaejoong couldn’t stomach much of the food as they sat down to eat, still so nervous he was more afraid he may make do something make a show of himself. 

 

 

‘Jaejoong dear, can I get you something to drink?’ Yunho mother offers him, or something to eat you haven’t eaten much from the meal. 

 

 

‘Thank you but I'm alright?’ She smiled at him. 

 

 

‘Dear there is no need to be so reserved, this is your wedding day.’ she told him, ‘let me introduce you to some  important people?’ Jaejoong followed Yunho mother around bowing, speaking politely. Jaejoong felt inferior to the people speaking to him, he was so out of place it was almost as if they were speaking down to him. Jaejoong eyes traveled around and found Yunho not to far away, he seemed to be at ease with the crowd area, able to talk about anything.’ Jaejoong excused himself from the crowd after the introduce to like the twelfth person that he was sure he wouldn’t remember their name, heading to the bathroom, he needed a moment to himself. 

 

 

*** 

 

 

‘Umma where’s Jaejoong?’  Yunho asked, just realizing his new spouse was not in her company at this time. 

 

 

‘He gone to the washroom dear,’ she told him, ‘What miss him already?’ she smiled as she held the champagne glass to her lips.  

 

 

‘No, it just....’ Yunho looked out to the distances. 

 

 

‘He doing remarkably well if you ask me,’ his mother spoke, ‘it’s not easy facing a crowd like this, as well you know, not all of us where brought up with the education to deal with certain gatherings.’ She wasn’t saying it to be offensive, Yunho knew his mother well she just wanted to make it aware, that Jaejoong was out of his comfort zone.  

 

‘I’ll find him....’ Yunho told her, of course Jaejoong was out of his comfort he was two after all that was lay before them both. The hadn’t spoken in years, seen each under until a month ago.  

 

 

Flashback 

 

‘Appa.....?’ Yunho called out to his father,’ 

 

‘I’m okay Yunho my son....’ His father looked at him. ‘Just a small scratch not to serious.’  

 

 

‘Joongie could you take Yunho upstairs and you can have one of those snacks, make sure you get Yunho one too.’ he needed the kids out of the way so he could tend to the injury.  

 

 

‘I want to stay here....’ YUnho said, standing close beside where his father sat.  

 

 

‘Yunho be a good boy and go with Mr Kim son,’ His father told him, ‘Mr Kim needs to give Appa a checkup, so boring like the conference today right, go on.’ Yunho took a second glance at his father before following Jaejoong out of the room. ’How kept telling him this way. As soon as the boys were out of sight Jaejoong father tended to Yunho father injury.  

 

 

Can you tell me what happen? It there anyone I can call for you? I promised this will all be confidential. It can’t be easy...’ he shook his head. 

 

 

‘No...  having the royal status puts you on public eye, Follow coincidently. Yunho so young I wanted him to experience what it like to be a normal child. Without the high title or people waiting on him hand and feet. Unfortunately, it wasn’t in our favor I was smudged.’ Yunho father told him. ‘I get to spend very little time with him as it is, I wanted him to enjoy the little time we shared so we snuck away to get some ice-cream...,’  

 

‘if you want after I tend to this, I can d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter