Favor

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thank God it's Sunday! 

Jinyoung thought as he felt a warm ray of sunlight hitting the side of his face while still comfortably lying on his bed. He is thankful that it's Sunday, meaning he doesn't need to get up early, and head to school. He doesn't need to do anything and has the whole day to just lie down on his bed, or catch up to some reading, or some movies. 

He's thankful that he gets to stay in the apartment, and wouldn't need to go to school where he would see Jaebum. He isn't sure if he could face the older just yet. Jaebum's "I'm happy for the both of you" is still ringing inside his head like a broken cd, and it still doesn't feel nice hearing it. In fact, it could almost make him sick in his guts.

 

Jinyoung stretched his arms but he could only do that slightly, since he could still feel an arm protectively draped around his shoulder, with a hand rested on top of his head. He remained lying with his cheek against Mark's warm chest. 

This is the first time.

For a while now, he and Mark has been in this set-up, the no-strings-attached-relationship. They've been ing around with each other anytime they get and whenever they feel like it. It's almost like, their first rule in their contract was ignored since, it's more often that Mark initiated the deed, and not him. But it's not as if he didn't like it either. Among all those times that they had , never did they cuddle with each other. They just lie beside each other for a few minutes before grabbing their clothes and dressing themselves. It was always like that.

But last night...

"I will listen."

How soft Mark's voice was when he said that, and how he held him close, wrapping his arms around him, playing with his hair until he drifted to sleep... Jinyoung cannot explain it entirely but, it surely felt different... but nice. It's the first time, but he felt comfortable and safe in Mark's arms. It almost felt like he could stay in them forever... that he actually likes to stay there for a longer period of time. Which was weird.

 

Last night, was a mix of emotions and sudden happenings. He was so upset in the morning, but Mark quickly changed his mood by announcing that he'll be coming with him. How they celebrated his mom's birthday, in his hometown, which was Mark's first time to be in Jinhae. How his family accepted Mark warmly and even told him to be back this holidays, and Mark saying yes. And that moment, when he saw Jaebum standing outside the elevator shaft... how he almost felt his heart as it stopped beating, his face turning pale. He was so nervous and anxious about Jaebum and what he just saw. Only to know that Jaebum didn't really care. And why would he? Wasn't it clear enough that the older didn't feel the same towards him? Jaebum likes Youngjae and not him. Why would he be affected by the sight of him and Mark kissing? But anyway, he was deeply hurt. Which is a bit funny now that he thinks about it. In more than two years, Jaebum didn't show any sign of liking him back. So what did he exactly expect Jaebum would say? Did he actually expect that Jaebum would get jealous?

Heaving a long sigh, Jinyoung looked up, to stare at the small yet perfect face in front of him. Staring at Mark, who still has his eyes closed, feeling his chest moving up and down with each of his every breath... Jinyoung recalls this as the exact same reason why he was drawn to the blonde the first time they met. That night at Jaebum's party.

In this close proximity, Jinyoung could see every little thing which makes Mark look breathtakingly pretty, beautiful even. Slowly, his hand makes its way up, to reach for Mark's face. His finger starts to trace Mark's narrow and pointed nose, careful not to touch it but failed when he reached its tip. Luckily, Mark didn't wake. Such a heavy sleeper, Jinyoung thought.

His finger continued to move, gracing the side of Mark's face, the line of his jaw, his cute chin. Jinyoung supresses his laugh. He finds Mark cute, but the blonde doesn't need to know. And then his lips. His finger stopped midway before touching the older's lips. Jinyoung thought for a short while before saying  it and going on with it. His finger slightly touched Mark's soft lips. It still amazes him how the blonde manages to keep it moist and never dry. And the pink lush it always has... it's what makes it so addicting to stare at and to... kiss. 

Mark's face is turned towards him, and he could almost curse at how inviting those lips look like right now. Letting go of his string of self control, Jinyoung lifts his face up, closer to where his lips are aching to touch. In a second, his lips touched Mark's and Jinyoung could only smile against the light kiss. Since when has he been like this? Taking advantage of a sleeping person? Smirking, Jinyoung just scolded himself, but he also knows he is far from regretting what he just did. He smiled wider when he saw how Mark scrunched his nose, but as expected, still didn't wake. 

"Cute." He whispered and touched the tip of Mark's nose. Jinyoung doesn't know why but he kind of hoped the kiss will be enough to wake Mark up. He is preparing himself for the teasing which he bet Mark would do after learning about him stealing a kiss from the older. But since he didn't wake, then it means Mark would still be unaware that he in fact just stole a kiss from him.

Shrugging, Jinyoung sat up from the bed, still staring at the sleeping blonde. He looks so comfortable in his bed, huh? Deciding against waking Mark up, Jinyoung rose to his feet and wore his slippers. He stood at the side of his bed where Mark is lying, and with a playful smirk, decided to lean in and steal a second kiss. He could always say it's a thank you kiss for what Mark did last night.

With a last glance, Jinyoung headed outside his room and onto the kitchen. He needs to cook breakfast.

 

**********

 

"Smelling great in here!" 

Jinyoung hears Mark while working in the kitchen. It's only 7 in the morning, they both have class at 9, so they still have approximately two hours to eat breakfast and prepare themselves for school.

While chopping cucumbers for the soup he's cooking, he glances up to see Mark in his shirt and sweatpants, walking towards the kitchen counter. Jinyoung hid his smile. Mark, with messy bed hair, puffy eyes wearing oversize white shirt is a sight. Those tangled blonde locks look great on him, at least to Jinyoung. 

"Good morning." He greeted the older before turning his back to transfer the chopped vegetable on the boiling pot. He stirred the soup and tasted a spoon of it. The taste is more than bearable so he thinks it's already fine.

"Good morning." He heard Mark who is probably seated on one of the stools now. "Need help?"

Looking over his shoulder, Jinyoung answered. "I already finished frying some kimchi and stewed fish as well. You could set the table up for both of us to eat, if you don't mind."

"Oh I certainly do not." He heard Mark much closer to him now, probably working on his favor. "I am starving."

Jinyoung just laughed and transferred the soup on a bowl. He also served them bean sprout rice. A complete korean breakfast for them, to give them enough energy for the first day of the week. It's Monday and they need strength, this is the least of what Jinyoung could do for them both.

The two of them ate breakfast together, with Mark complimenting him about the food he cooked. "I never knew you had the skills." Smirking, Jinyoung answered. "You only know half of the skills I possess, Mr. Tuan." This had Mark smirking back. "Then I'm looking forward to know more, Mr. Park."

After a full breakfast, Mark helped him out in doing the dishes. They had to squeeze to fit their selves in front of the sink. They kept on teasing each other and laughing right after, while finishing the chore. "We look so domestic." Mark commented while drying his hands with the towel, giving him one also.

"You're saying we look like a wedded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter