"Spring" (a special chapter)

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'll keep this wholesome guys. hahaha. no . XD

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

Mark pulled over the curb and parked his car in front of a two story house. It still looks the same as how he remembered it three years ago, when he last set foot on the Im's residence. 

He took off his seatbelt in one pull and got out of his audi. He gaze over the house again, seeing all those bright lights. His cousin really has done it, huh? He is lucky his parents allowed him to host a college party at their house. It actually surprised him that Jaebum got the balls to ask permission from his parents. Well...

He fished out his phone from his pocket to text his cousin. He read his last message an hour ago, telling him to beep him up once he arrives.

Already here. Where you at?

He texted him, then started walking towards the porch. The door was closed and because of the glass windows, the sound coming from inside was kind of muffled. He almost worries, the Im's would be reported for disturbing the neighborhood at this hour of the night.

He knocked and a man wearing a viking's hat opened the door for him. Greeting him in loud and slurry korean words, Mark just tapped the drunk guy's back before passing through. It was really crowded. He could not imagine the amount of clutter him and his cousin would need to clean up after this. Although it is his own party, Mark knows Jaebum so well. So he anticipates that the guy will drag him into cleaning up this mess after.

He walked through the corridor filled with college students. He greeted them, trying to be friendly since he's gonna attend the same university they were attending to. It'll be nice to have some friends while on his last year in college. 

Some offered him beer but he declined. It's not that he doesn't drink, because he does. As a guy who is born and raised in LA, he is used to all these: parties and everything else. He even hosted some back at his hometown. But it's just that he doesn't want to go to Jaebum when he's already drunk. He wants to find his cousin first before getting drunk.

He was about to head to the living room where more people were at, when someone bumped into him almost harshly. "Sorry." The guy said without sparing him a glance. Mark didn't want to mind but his eyes followed the raven haired guy and saw him plopping himself in one of the stools by the kitchen counter.

Mark stood there, by the kitchen door, still looking at the stranger. From his distance, he could see his thick eyebrows creasing right at the center, as he makes a pout. Cute. He thought. It's not like he haven't seen cute and handsome guys before, he even dated some, but... there's something about that certain guy which attracted him. And before he knew it, he thinks Jaebum, he could wait and walked his way towards the raven haired.

He got two bottled of beer from some random dude who holds a tray, and then sat beside the stranger. "Hey there." he said.

The stranger looked at him like he's a weird person. That are you talking to me kind of look. So Mark needed to cheer on himself, saying he could do this. Nothing like good old flirting, what he does best.

He pushed the bottle of beer towards the raven haired and pointed his lips to it. "I figured, you need some?"

Even when the stranger was arching his brows, he still looks ing handsome. Is his face even real? It has this certain softness, but he could see the sarcasm in his eyes. "What do you need?"

Whoa. Was that direct. Mark couldn't hide his amused grin. "Well, I just can't let a beautiful guy like you sit out here, all alone."

The guy stared at him for a couple of seconds, then with a shrug, accepted the bottle of beer. Mark couldn't be any happier.

 

Bottles of beers later, the raven haired started rambling on how irritated he is about this guy. This idiot guy, as he refers to. "He is not even half as handsome as you are! What is wrong with me?" It has been going on for half an hour now and Mark is starting to get somehow annoyed. He tried to hit on the guy, but turned out he is not interested. 

When the stranger stopped on talking, Mark noticed and turned to him, only to see how the guy was staring at him intently. 

"Are you still thinking about him?" Mark asked in a deadpan tone. The guy shook his head. "Then what are you thinking of?"

The raven haired didn't break the stare, instead, he bites his lip as his tongue grazed a small part of it. Only then did he notice that those eyes were not directed on his eyes... rather, on his lips.

"How nice it would feel if I kiss you right now."

And that is when he lost it.

 

 

"So this guy. . . ." Jaebum trailed off while stirring his coffee.

They were both in his apartment, the one his parents bought for him to stay at for the time being that he'll stay here in Korea. His cousin called him a while ago and told him he'll drop by, and Mark ended up sharing his dilemma to Jaebum.

"He just vanished?" his cousin said, finishing his question.

"Not vanished vanished. Just, that night, after I got out of the shower, he was gone." Mark said, recalling how he gawked at the empty bed which he saw when he went out of the bathroom. "I even tried to look for him downstairs but he's nowhere."

"So that is why it took me hours to find you."

"Ssshh. Focus here, Jaebum." He said dismising the younger who just nodded his head while grinning. "This would be a lot easier if you got his name." Jaebum said only making Mark want to scold himself for not asking for the guy's name while they were still talking.

Jaebum sipped on his coffee before speaking again. "If you could still remember how he looks like, which I am sure you do, then you can just search for him at the university. All my guests then were from the university so, there's fifty percent chance that you'll see that mystery guy again."

Hearing this, Mark could just shrug. Jaebum has a point. They could see each other again but, there's only a fifty percent chance of it happening. But, it's better than zero, right? With that, Mark decides to let it go.

Jaebum then changed the topic and started to talk about his primary reason for dropping by. 

"You have an extra room, right?" the younger started so Mark nodded. "Have you ever thought of putting it out for rent?"

Mark haven't thought of that but, now that Jaebum has mentioned it, then why not? "Why did you ask?"

"Well, I've got a friend who is looking for a place to stay at. And since he's a good friend whom I care about, I figured offering your place since you're also someone whom I know and definitely can trust. What do you think?"

Mark took a few minutes to decide on it, before saying alright. He told Jaebum that he'll decide on the rental fee and will make sure it's affordable and just. Mark thought living with someone won't be too much of a bother. Besides, it'll lessen his expenses when it comes to the electricity bill and other stuffs. This will be convenient. 

"I'll talk with you again about this before the week ends and that friend of yours could move in next week."

Jaebum smiled and bumped fists with him. "You're the best, Mark. I'll go and tell Jinyoung the good news." He nodded. "Do you perhaps, like to meet him before he moves in? So that you could know him first?"

"Nah. We could meet on that day when he moves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter