First

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung smiled with his eyes closed feeling the cool autumn breeze hitting his face as he dipped his head outside the car's window. 

He looked at the skies, which is a vast color of blue, and he could see a few clouds scattered around. Jinyoung loves this season, well not as much as spring, but he loves autumn just fine. He loves how the weather is so cool and crisp. The heat of the sun is still felt during noon, but in mornings and evenings, he always enjoyed how cool the wind is.

For the past hours that they were driving, Jinyoung have seen farmers harvesting fruits in the wide field. He also saw how the streets were covered with leaves, which fell off from tress. 

Jinyoung really loves autumn.

 

His attention was drawn back by Mark when he heard him laughing. Jinyoung then turned to the blonde who has one hand on the stirring wheel, one hand playing on his pink lips. The guy was staring straight ahead, but he could still see that amused smile on his face.

"What's funny?" Jinyoung asked after sitting back properly on the car's seat. He also fixed his hair which was a bit disheveled because of the breeze.

"Nothing." He ain't buying it. "You just look like a five year old kid who was taken by his dad for a drive." 

"So you're the dad?"

"Why not?" Mark said, now smiling at him teasingly. "Mind calling me daddy?"

Jinyoung automatically made a grossed out face. "Like eew Mark. Could you promise dropping that crudeness of yours once we set foot at our house?"

"And you're judging me again."

"No I'm not. I'm just stating a fact, and asking for a favor."

He heard Mark's laugh again before he answered. "Alright. I won't embarrass you or myself in front of your family. I promise."

And does he even need to wink? Jinyoung just rolled his eyes and focused on the scenery outside the window.

 

True to Mark's words, the blonde has accompanied him in going to Jinhae. It surprised him, why Mark thought of it, going with him to celebrate his mom's birthday. He couldn't understand Mark's thought process and how he arrived to that decision. But Jinyoung would be lying if he says he isn't glad Mark decided things the way he did. Because of Mark, he gets to travel comfortably, and because of Mark, he isn't going alone.

"Third house on your left." Jinyoung said after they the next block.

Mark then stopped and parked his car in front of a two storey house, with a small frontyard, filled with flowerpots and even several gnomes. Jinyoung could just smile and shake his head as he thought of his mom and her fondness on gnomes. 

"This is your house?"

Jinyoung just smiled at Mark who is with curious eyes. "Welcome to our humble abode."

He was first to get off the car. Mark might've sensed how excited he is, from the way he took his seatbelt off and opened the car's door. He might've slammed the door a bit too harder than he should but he didn't hear a shout of complain from the blonde.

When he stood in front of their wooden gate, Jinyoung heaved a very deep breath. Finally, I'm home. He felt as Mark stood beside him after closing the car's door. "Excited to see them?"

With a wide smile, Jinyoung nodded. "Very." He then tugged on the older's arm "Come on." He opened the gate and started walking towards the door. Mark followed close since he is still holding his arm.

 

Jinyoung let go of Mark's arm as they stood in front of the door. With another deep breath, he knocked on the door, once, twice, thrice. He looked at Mark and they exchanged smiles. Mark's is an encouraging one. In few seconds, he heard a familiar voice, saying "Coming!" before the door finally opened, revealing So Young. 

They stared at each other for a couple of seconds, until So Young finally opened her arms wide, enveloping Jinyoung in a warm bear hug. "Oh my god, Jinyoung!" He could only smile as he also wrapped his arms around his sister. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, noona!"

When they broke the hug, only then did his sister took notice of Mark who is standing beside him. "Oh. You're with... someone."

"This is Mark. He's my roommate and . . . ." He glanced at the blonde. ". . .a friend of mine.

So Young instantly beamed. Jinyoung knows they have the same smile. "Hi, Mark. I am So Young, Jinyoung's sister. Nice to meet you." Jinyoung then felt as his sister took his hand. "Let's all go inside. Mom is just preparing lunch. And she's very excited to see you!"

He nodded on Mark as the older smiled back at him. The three of them made their way towards the kitchen. 

"Mom, Jinyoung's here!" So Young immediately announced as they reached the kitchen.

Jinyoung saw his sister Bo Young and his dad, all helping to set the table, but his eyes are now directed to his mom, who is still wearing an apron, carrying a cooking pot. He saw how his mom placed the pot on top of the table, and how her eyes glistened with tears. But soon enough, he felt a pair of arms wrapping around him. 

"Jinyoung, we missed you so much!" His sister, Bo Young said as she hugged him tight. And then his dad is also beside them, tapping his back. "Welcome home, son."

Jinyoung hugged them back. "I missed you guys too, so much!" But he broke free after a few seconds, and looked back at his mom who is still looking at him with tearful eyes. But the way she smiled lightened up his mood. He felt a familiar warmth wrapping around his heart, and he could just smile.

"Mom..." He slowly walked towards her. Without hesitating, Jinyoung pulled his mom in for a warm embrace. "I missed you so much, mom." He kissed her cheek. "Happy birthday."

"Jinyoung, my son." His mom is tearing up, and Jinyoung just laughed, wiping her tears away. 

"Group hug!" He was sure it was Bo Young who shouted that, before he felt all of them wrapping him in a big big hug. Jinyoung smiled with tears. He really missed his family. It's been six months since the last time he went home. It was during summer, and he went here with Jaebum and Jackson. 

"Alright!" It was So Young who was the first one to break free from the family hug, who is now speaking. "I know we all missed each other so much but, it's a little rude to act all sappy, when we have a guest here." She's pointing towards Mark who is smiling awkwardly.

Wiping his tears, Jinyoung then walked towards Mark and gave him an apologetic smile for forgetting to introduce him to his family.

"Mom, dad, noona... this is Mark. He's a good friend of mine and we're staying together in an apartment. He drove me here." He gestured his hands towards Mark but he was surprised when his mom suddenly hugged Mark.

He could also see how Mark was surprised by that.

"Thank you, for being Jinyoung's friend. And going with him here, to visit home." 

Mark is now smiling, a little awkwardly, but it turned into a sincere one. The kind of smile he rarely sees on the blonde's face. "It's nothing, eommeoni. I just thought it'll be easier for him if I drive him here."

"Thank you." His mom repeated, rubbing Mark's back.

Jinyoung just smiled at how his family welcomed Mark. And it's refreshing to see a warm smile on Mark's face. It suits him... he thought.

 

**********

 

All of them ate lunch together. His mom cooks delicious dishes, and Jinyoung knows Mark could attest to that now. All through out the time they were eating, his dad and mom kept on asking about school, so Jinyoung talked about the results of his midterm examination. His sisters also asked Mark a couple of things, careful not to leave him out of their conversation. Mark was answering every question, not failing to smile at every answer he gives. Jinyoung is happy, to see that Mark really did the favor he asked from him a while ago. Mark did leave his naughty side, and decided to act formal and polite towards his family.

It was around 3 in the afternoon, when he asked Mark to go with him to Yeojwa-dong. Later this evening they'll be having dinner, and that is also when they will have a small party for his mom's birthday. So they needed cake. His mom loves the cake which they can buy at a local bakery in Yeojwa, so he asked Mark to drive him there.

 

While they were waiting for the cake to be baked, Jinyoung took Mark to the Yeojwa bridge. They were walking underneath the cherry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter